Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v BOVEY TRACEY - SAT 23rd AUGUST 3.00pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION - CALLED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Austell v Bovey Tracey

Falmouth v Launceston

St Blazey v Torpoint

The people who arrange/pull out of the hat, these fixtures to be played on August Bank Holiday weekend, need to apply their minds to the job with more forethought. Has anyone seen the traffic on the A30 these past few weekends - it's horrendous.

Have to leave VERY EARLY tomorrow morning to make kickoff at 3pm. Good luck one and all. :):c:

Agree that BH traffic will be manic this weekend as it's the last full week off before the schools go back, but you don't need to go on the A30 to get from Bovey to St Austell or Torpoint to St Blazey (A38 then A390 in both cases).....As it turns out Bovey can't raise a team to go to St Austell so that one is off anyway!!

The game is off Bovey cant raise a team!!! :(

Not disputing the facts as you have reported them, just very surprised that the SWPL Forum & Website is strangely quiet on the matter, game still showing as on (as at 6.50pm). As we have them in the FA Vase in 2 weeks time, am very interested in how this story develops.

On the subject of silly Saturday travel in August, Newquay are being sent up the A30 & M5 next Saturday to Cullompton. The last and busiest Saturday of the main holiday season for the roads, no surprise that many fans are refusing to travel, preferring to stay and watch the Reserves at Home.

Will be setting off early for Ivybridge Town tomorrow !

Longest trip is probably the likes of Falmouth to Cullompton - 114 miles, 2 hours trip on a good day. The unfortunate fact is that if you want to play at this level, travelling will be involved and as per Nemesis, you therefore leave earlier than normal. It's a nuisance, but common sense.

What's the alternative?

Personally think it's poor a team from step 6 can't raise a team, I believe they have a 2nd and 3rd team, so surely they could use 2nd team players tomorrow?

Another point, why have a 2nd team if you can't use there players! ?

Apologies if my facts are wrong.

I hope Torpoint cant raise a side tomorrow. Gladly take 3 points. Imagine the moaning if Snozzle win the league by 2 points this season noing one game was a gift and 3 points. Poor effort Bovey.

Or if St Austell lost the League by one goal, having being denied the opportunity to play and gain 3 points by scoring at least one goal ?

And how are St Austell going to recover the loss in takings?? Crowd if 100 paying a fiver. Theres 500 quid plus programmes food and beer. Gota be talking a grand plus. Very unfair.

Players won't need paying for a no-game, that will offset some of the losses, but still seems a bit wrong that the Reserves were not called up to play for Bovey.

by Steve Cooney on the CSWPL website:

The 2nds and 3rds do not have a league game tomorrow. But there is a mixture of 2nd & 3rds playing a friendly X11.

There are 15 players available for this match, 5 of them are 2nd team players, all 5 of those also said they were not available to travel to St Austell for various reasons. I did touch on a couple of 3rd team players and asked if they wanted a crack at 1st team but they did not feel confident enough to step up, which is not surprising as we 1 league off the bottom rung and let in well over a 100 goals last season.

There is a very worrying and sad moment for me and our club as a whole, and I'm hoping its a 1 off but I don't think I can guarantee that.

Obviously I have apologised to St Austell and will also apologise to the good people of the SWP publicly now.

Longest trip is probably the likes of Falmouth to Cullompton - 114 miles, 2 hours trip on a good day. The unfortunate fact is that if you want to play at this level, travelling will be involved and as per Nemesis, you therefore leave earlier than normal. It's a nuisance, but common sense.

What's the alternative?

To me there is untidy look to a league table which shows points deductions and can reflect on the organisation and stature of the League.

If it appears to be a genuine cancellation I would always be in favour of replaying the game.

Of course the offending club must severely penalised with a fine and covering costs of the cancellation

Winning titles or promotion play offs with the help of points awarded is just as unfair to other clubs as defeating a club with 2nd/3rd team players by a big margin

Reading the Bovey statement its rather concerning "hope its a one off but cannot guarantee it"

Have A.F.C. St.Austell now lost their 100% record P3 W2 D1 L0 ?

When Bovey Tracey played at Callington in the first game of the season, it was mentioned several times that 6 players were "out", and that 2nd and one 3rd team player had stepped up ( mind you Callington had several out also -).Not an unusual situation at this time of year.

Really nice group of supporters had come to the game from BT - let's hope the club gets this sorted.

0-0 seems unfair to the victims in this case

The swpl arrange these "far away matches" every year.Exactly the same thing happened last year !

big al.......Derrrr, that is what happens when they play in the same league...... They have to play at some stage. How about on a Tuesday or Wednesday night in November.... No didn't think so either. Silly comment really!!