DIVISION 2

Gerrans & St Mawes Utd 4v0 Lifton

St Dennis 2v1 North Hill

St Neot  3v0 Packhorse Athletic

DIVISION 4

Delabole United  0v4  Wadebridge Town

Godolphin Atlantic Reserves    6v2        Pelynt Reserves

Gunnislake v sticker game off.
The referee declared the game playable at St Ann's chapel. Those that have played or know the pitch all well know nothing ever gets called off on there!
10 minutes before ko, the sticker manager, coaches & goalkeeper all had other thoughts. They bombard the ref and protested to him that the game should be off. St Ann's chapel pitch has not been played on since last season and is looking tremendously good for the time of year.
The ref then decided to give the sticker manager the option wether to play or not. The sticker manager then said we don't want to play the fixture!
Up until 10 mins before ko the game was playable.
The ref didn't take control of the situation very well and angered the gunnislake management, players and committee members.
Several players from near by teams such as calstock and Callington came to watch this fixture. Even the Callington manager was angered by what had gone on!
Sticker might have wriggled out of the fixture today but we will still be using the same pitch come rain or shine!
I will upload some pictures of the goal mouths which the sticker crew complained about.
I don't like to slag off clubs but sticker you should be ashamed. Pictures to follow.......

Gunnislake v sticker game off.
The referee declared the game playable at St Ann's chapel. Those that have played or know the pitch all well know nothing ever gets called off on there!
10 minutes before ko, the sticker manager, coaches & goalkeeper all had other thoughts. They bombard the ref and protested to him that the game should be off. St Ann's chapel pitch has not been played on since last season and is looking tremendously good for the time of year.
The ref then decided to give the sticker manager the option wether to play or not. The sticker manager then said we don't want to play the fixture!
Up until 10 mins before ko the game was playable.
The ref didn't take control of the situation very well and angered the gunnislake management, players and committee members.
Several players from near by teams such as calstock and Callington came to watch this fixture. Even the Callington manager was angered by what had gone on!
Sticker might have wriggled out of the fixture today but we will still be using the same pitch come rain or shine!
I will upload some pictures of the goal mouths which the sticker crew complained about.
I don't like to slag off clubs but sticker you should be ashamed. Pictures to follow.......

Always two sides to every story! Don't want to get into a slanging match, but heres the Sticker side......

Believe it or not, neither myself or my joint manager drove the team all the way to St.Anns Chapel to not play. Although the pitch isn't what we'd choose to play on every week we were quite happy with what we seen when we arrived. All the lads got changed and went out to warm up. once we had tip toed around the dog shit(we were told you'd been over the whole pitch and cleaned up) and found a clear area on the pitch which was safe to use without stepping in or sliding in anything unsavoury, we went through our warm up routine as normal. Our keeper went to the goal to finish his warm up and when he stepped in the goal mouth, his feet sunk in about six inches deep, so called us over. on inspection of the area in the goal mouth we found that "the massive pit" (Gunni's managers words) of about six feet in diameter had been filled with fresh mud (probably taken from the mole hills on the that had been levelled off) both goal mouths had had this treatment,don't know why, becuase if left as they were, they probably would have been ok. Our keeper was worried about turning his ankles in this deep mud, and as we have a duty to look after our players welfare, we asked the ref if he thought it safe. Gunni obviously realised that it was a mistake to fill the pit, so decided to try and dig it all out again! the ref deliberated for some time then said it was up to us to decide whether we deemed it safe. myself the other joint manager, our keeper and coach decided it wasn't worth the risk of an injury but said ultimately it's the refs decision. the ref called the game off! we went back and got changed.
Gunni players, management, committee members tried to persuade the ref to change his mind and tried to get us to agree to play. when my joint manager told Gunni "it's off" he was verbally abused and threatend, so aggressively that the ref had to hold the gunni manager back whilst he shouted "I'll break your f###ing legs"! the ref calmed the situation, we finished changing and left the changing rooms to a volley of abuse.
That's what happened!
I have a few things to mention....

1. although there was 10 mins to k.o the ref never got changed in to his kit, why? prob because he knew it wasn't fit to play.
2. while walking back across the centre of the pitch to our cars, seen 2 more piles of dog shit (we were told the pitch had been checked!) do you know the health risks of dog shit?
3. had a chat with a couple of your players who were taking the nets down (they were pleasant)who told us your last home game was called off due to weather, but more like you were struggling for players!they said it not me!
4. could it be that you were so upset the game was off because you had the use of some Tavi players today? (info given to us when getting in our cars to leave, by some other local team players who came to watch). not that it bothers me what players you put out.
5. why fill the goal mouths with mud in the first place?
6. we had a round trip of approx 80 miles, neither team is going to win the league, so who had the most to lose by calling it off?
7. your photos look great now you've removed the piles of mud.
8. nobody deserves the abuse we got for thinking of a players welfare, whether you think it's right or wrong,end of.
9. we'd be more than happy to let the County F.A. decide who was right or wrong.
10. we're more than happy to travel back up and play the game,we can't and don't want to wriggle out of it, we know we have to play the game.

Finally, we are sorry if you had food wasted, no problem if you don't supply food when we do play the game if that helps. We would have gone back to the pub for a pint so our trip wasn't completely wasted, if things hadn't been so volatile.
We're all involved in football for enjoyment, so I suggest we just get on with the football.

Bradley Ralph,
Joint manager Sticker A.F.C Reserves

Gunnislake vs Sticker

I am surprised with your comments Andy, as out of all the teams Calstock have played this season, Sticker's management have been one of the most welcoming and accommodating before and after the game. I don't think you can comment how other managers feel, as your opinion is only a Gunnislake opinion.

We all know that pitch in question is never called off, however, we also know that pitch is never maintained to any standard and it is a mess at times with the mole hills and all those dog walkers. Players safety must be paramount in any of our leagues. I am sure teams come to Calstock and complain about the pitch but we all must let the referee make the final decision. On a side note to Bradley, they often have Tavi players playing, that's nothing new.

Division Two this season has been a terribly close League, played competitively but more importantly fairly. Let's not end the season by attacking each other on here.