Cornwall Football Forum

AFC ST AUSTELL v SALTASH UTD - WEDS 17TH SEPT 7.30pm KO - CSWPL PREMIER DIVISION

Coops - U16s are free I know (something perhaps the club doesn't advertise enough?)but are college lads treated as "concessions"? - eg students at College. As you know I have a vested interest with one of my lads being 17 but it would be good to know for sure so his mates know whether they should be paying £5 or £3 (or nothing!)as it can vary depending who is on the gate!!!

If they can produce a college ID Tony it will be £3

Doh! Paid a fiver for my uni son tonight And I could of got him in for nowt because the bloke on the gate thought he was under 16. He does look young for his age. I'm just too honest. I suppose it wouldn't have been right if he got in free and was then supping pints in the bar. Got our moneys worth though. Plenty of goals!

Ridiculous having St Austell now having home games on the same night as St Blazey. Hardly helping each other to attract crowds with many supporters who would watch both matches had they been on different nights. As for St Blazeys crowds, they are crap. Where are the glory supporters gone???

Maybe, I wouldn't know. Personally I hope not else it'll end up clashing with Argyle. Always nice to have two nights of mid week football. Something needs to change, crowds are really poor. I used to think anything below 200 was a poor crowd. Now if we get above 100 its a good crowd.

Ridiculous having St Austell now having home games on the same night as St Blazey. Hardly helping each other to attract crowds with many supporters who would watch both matches had they been on different nights. As for St Blazeys crowds, they are crap. Where are the glory supporters gone???

Think you'll find they asked for a swap due to hiring the club house out on their normal mid week game night! Can't blame St Blazey or the league.....

There was a statement on the SWPL Forum explaining the switch to Wednesdays due to a booking at St Austell club house every Tuesday - can't fault a club for trying to bring in money. Saltash, Parkway and Torpoint get bigger mid week crowds if only one plays at home, however, you could never fixture them apart

Back to the game!!! I thought we played very well and never let Saltash settle, Sims and Eddy are looking great together with Brokes playing just behind them, Dingers holding and working as hard as ever with Reski and Slates retaining the ball as well as ever. Martin Giles and Ben Williams both really steady as well as the full backs of Lean and Mulready. Disappointed to concede from 2 set pieces but shouldn't complain.

Cant remember the last time Saltash took a beating like that. Thought the officials were decent maybe a little inconsistent at times, but it is a challenging job!!!

Pitch is looking great!! well worth the investment in the summer and great to see the clubhouse busy afterwards :thumbsup:

Goals for St Austell

Lean

Giles

Sims x 2

Eddy

Brokenshire

Slateford

Back to the game!!! I thought we played very well and never let Saltash settle, Sims and Eddy are looking great together with Brokes playing just behind them, Dingers holding and working as hard as ever with Reski and Slates retaining the ball as well as ever. Martin Giles and Ben Williams both really steady as well as the full backs of Lean and Mulready. Disappointed to concede from 2 set pieces but shouldn't complain.

Cant remember the last time Saltash took a beating like that. Thought the officials were decent maybe a little inconsistent at times, but it is a challenging job!!!

Pitch is looking great!! well worth the investment in the summer and great to see the clubhouse busy afterwards :thumbsup:

Goals for St Austell

Lean

Giles

Sims x 2

Eddy

Brokenshire

Slateford

Looks like their heaviest SWP League defeat

Previous-

2010-11 Falmouth T.6 Saltash U 2

2012-13 Saltash U. 2 Plymouth P/W 6