Cornwall Football Forum

The Mind Boggles - More Idiocy from Treyew Road

I've just read the stuff on the TCFC forum about the ludicrous row between the unofficial supporters club (presumably there is no official supporters club because the executives of TCFC fell out with them). If ever a club was on a self-destruct route it is Truro. There's the team manager asking for a bit of extra support after three disappointing defeats in the same week that the chairman and vice-chairman are driving the whole "hard-core" fan base away. Read it and see. When did you last hear of a club driving away its supporters? I think everyone should try to get hold of an Arsenal shirt to wear to a Truro home game. I hope the TISA merchandise included underpants. It would make a very camera-worthy news item for "Spotlight" Sport......GROW UP, people!

For those without access to the Unofficial Truro City Forum:

TISA Statement

Most Truro Fans will by now have heard about the sad situation resulting from the terrace chants last Saturday at the Dorchester game. The song in question is widely sung at Premiership grounds but the words were changed to unfortunately slant towards Kevin and he has quite rightly been deeply offended.

Brian Thompson, the TISA Chairman, deeply regretted the situation and apologized profusely to Mr. Heaney at half time. It was only “intended as a joke” but the rationale behind the lyrics is now without doubt questionable to say the least.

The net result is that Brian Thompson has since confirmed that he is standing down as Chairman of TISA and is himself saddened by his actions and the subsequent fallout. At this juncture, TISA would like to officially apologise to Kevin and Julia for any offence or hurt that may have been caused by anyone connected with our Association.

The TCFC Vice-Chairman, Chris Webb, has also now requested that any TISA branded items, including TISA shirts, scarves and badges not be worn to Treyew Road, as of this Saturday 3rd September. Treyew Road gate security has been instructed to refuse entry to anyone wearing TISA merchandise.

Obviously a lot of long-standing, decent Truro City supporters and TISA members have also been upset by the whole sorry scenario, not least that we have all been ‘tarred with the same brush’ as those who caused offence. Sadly, it seems that many of the people singing the chants were not TISA members and during the second half, the singing was indeed raised to another level. By then, several TISA members had departed the covered end.

The TISA committee is meeting at 11am this Saturday at the Railway Club, followed by a meeting for all members at 12 noon, Sat 3rd September.

Colin Carter

TISA Vice Chairman

I take it the chant was offensive?

Sounds like all Truro want for supporters are zombies. Ones that stand there, say nothing do nothing.

Mind control on what you can and can't chant.

And to stop people wearing want they want! How can a TISA shirt be offensive? Scarves, badges. Going to stop kids coming in if they are wearing TISA gear even if their parents aren't?

What can they do about supporters at away matches? If you wear the gear you can't come home on a supporters coach. Pathetic.

In a way it shows either one of 2 things.

1. Truro City can only be run one way as far as supporters are concerned, the management way, So supporters have to either lump it and like it or ship out.

2. The senior management of Truro are scared, they are walking on eggshells, fearing a backlash from supporters as they aren't doing very well at present. Trying to stamp on mummers of discontent before it grows.

If I was an independently minded Truro supporter I would say sod you, I don't want to be controlled. I'm off to watch another team.

Club seems to me to be being run like a dictatorship - silly me, of course it is! I would have thought that Mr Heaney, bearing in mind the cut-throat nature of business, would have a thicker skin than to be deeply offended but some terrace chanting at a home match. I'm not sure of Truro's fan base but would have thought that the club would want to encourage more people to attend rather than drive people away. To tar anyone who may be wearing TISA items with the same brush as those who were chanting 'offensively' is rediculously over the top (and discriminatory?).

Why anyone would want to watch their team and make sure they dress as they are told is beyond me. If that were to happen where I watch football id be waving good bye.

Then again, itll all go tits up soon enough so the loyal 50 can start up again. The glory fans will be back watching sky at home. :wacko:

Why anyone would want to watch their team and make sure they dress as they are told is beyond me. If that were to happen where I watch football id be waving good bye.

Then again, itll all go tits up soon enough so the loyal 50 can start up again. The glory fans will be back watching sky at home. :wacko:

50 ? I thought Argyle had more than that mate. Seriously, is Heaney trying to ruin Argyle in the hope that they will go under and the Cornish Greens turn to City for a weekly footy fix ?

I suggest that TISA wear Red/Black scarves and when challenged say they are opposition fans, what steward at City will know which team wears what at home ? AC Milan shirts would also be good, say you went to Italy on holiday.

Just what were they singing ?