Cornwall Football Forum

Euro qualifiers

Sorry Keith, what I meant was that when the last English player to strike the ball ( into his own net ) it's an own goal. When the away keeper tips it into his own goal it is deemed a goal for our dear leader, Captain Botox, who was the penultimate player to touch the ball. In both cases the ball was aiming for the goal before the intervention of the defender/keeper. Surely they are either both own goals or should both be credited to the striker of the ball!

I came home from an amazing weekend in London. Went up Friday, seen the sights including the London Eye, Madam Tusords etc. Went to Wembley for the first time since I went in 96 to watch Plymouth at the old Wembley. Simply an amazing place. Really good organisation and we'll worth the 35 quid ticket. If anyone thinks about going there, do it. Not a cheap weekend that's for sure. But definitely worth it.

Off topic slightly but still England related

50 000 jocks drown out the ( British ) National Anthem with their booing and WE apologise to them for something that may have upset their sensitive ears !!

Unbelievable

Hard to imagine anyone being offended during the last ten minutes as they'd all gone down the pub

Still, that's them back in their box for another ten years

Who's arsed who booed what?

At the end of the day the best thing that happened against Scotland was the fact that the appalling "England band" we're told to stop playing.

This is an important step within the national game. Any team/country that relies on a band to try to get an atmosphere is genuinely embarrassing.

The next step will be to get the games away from wembley to bring the national team to the whole country. We're one of the only only country's that is obsessed with the national stadium.

The final step which is more important for us that may watch the game at home. Let's get it off ITV who are appalling at all the coverage that they produce.

We agree on the band bit Darren

They've been an embarrassment for years

Unfortunately while the FA are still in hock to the tune of millions of pounds the games won't be going anywhere

Personally I couldn't give two hoots which channel covers it. Most channels use the same cameras anyway. The commentators and panellists are all of a similar type.

I watch from whistle to whistle. After that the mute button goes on

The Faroe Islands won in Greece for their first away win and San Marino claimed a home point against Estonia and ended a run of 61 odd consecutive defeats - I thought they were more impressive results than England's but a win is a win and France edges closer