Cornwall Football Forum

Troon AFC Annual 5 a Side Competition & Family Fun Day

Troon AFC would like to welcome you to join us on July 26th for our Annual 5 a Side Competition and Family Fun Day!

We are pleased to announce that Cornwall Deaf Centre will be assisting with the hosting of this years event and the date conveniently coincides with the opening of our newly refurbished clubhouse!!

The entry fee for the competition is £16 a team which can consist of a maximum of 8 players (£2 a player Dave!). We are aiming for an 11am start so its finished in time for the evening entertainment, details of which will be confirmed shortly. As always there will be group stages followed by knockout rounds, so plenty of football for your money! Plus all games will be officiated by qualified referees!

So come and join us for a fun-filled day and help support local services!!

To register a team please send a cheque made payable to Troon Football Club and the details of your team (name/club & contact number etc) to:

26 East Charles Street

Camborne

Cornwall

TR14 8JF

Or alternatively you can pay electronically with these details

Account Number: 01139676

Sort Code: 30-97-00

then contact me at the below address or PM me to make me aware of your team details.

For any more information please ask.

Thanks

Jason

Jason_Smeeth@hotmail.co.uk

Further details regarding the Fun Day will follow so watch this space.....

• 4 weeks later...

We are all set people - Rodeo Bull, Bouncy Castles, BBQ, Pony Rides, plus much more all ready and waiting!

We've even booked in some more of this lovely sunshine for the day.....

There is space to accommodate a couple more teams should any footballers want an excuse not to

go shopping with your wife/girlfriend this weekend!

Just get in touch on here or via Email

We look forward to seeing you all there on Saturday!!

Great day out and really enjoyable, the family enjoyed it as well.

Bloody hot though but nice to end up champions after not having a team the night before. Well done Jason and the team, nice to see the clubhouse looking pimped up as well, we just need a few more players in the first team and its looking like good times up at troon this season.

Great to see village clubs making the effort for the local community, I remember playing up there in the 80s/ early 90s and took a hiding from what was a very good Troon team consisting of Mr Jewell, willy James, and a bloke who used to wear a gumsheild!? Hard as nails! Do they still play at the same place? The clubhouse if my memory serves me correct was joint with the cricket club?

Firstly a big well done to Jason 'beefy' smeeth, and also to many others at Troon who helped organise and run the 4th annual Football Competition and Funday, many more to come!

The clubhouse and club in general is undergoing some huge changes, and with a new chairman in place who is very motivated to bring the club up to it's full potential things certainly look bright for the future. As Matchu78 mentioned the club, like any club this time of the year, are looking to add players, you could do a lot worse in this area than Troon AFC who have x2 of the best pitches and facilities to offer, and a team behind the scenes willing to put in the time and effort to transform this club into something special! If you fancy playing Saturdays, or starting again this season is the all conquering Sunday team, PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Pointers, yes you are correct in the madman with a gumsheild, Pete Bowman I believe he was called, Karl turner and myself used to be ball boys back then and certainly got some entertainment with him and many others! The clubhouse did used to be a shared one with the cricket club, but now Troon AFC have their own clubhouse which is situated next to both pitches.

Training takes place at 1830 every Tue up the pitches go along and see what's on offer, you won't be disappointed!

Mark I believe there was x10-12 teams ish! Good luck with your competition!