Cornwall Football Forum

Brazil Must win

Is it me or has anyone else have the feeling that Brazil must win the world cup, that is not saying that they will but , over all their games I have watched during this World cup it strikes me that Brazil are gurranteed to win, it is as if FIFA have told every one that they can not be knocked out . From game one decisions have gone for them Neymar should have walked in the first game and as for that penalty well I`ve seen softer cotton wool buds , against Chile the Ref seemed not to want to caution any Brazilian player and Last nights game The official was shocking , the Brazilian keeper would of walked if it was any other team and several of the Brazilian players should of been cautioned but that would mean they would miss the semi. . It strikes me that Brazil going out of the cup would and could cause major problems ,As with the climate and peoples feelings over the waste of money. so maybe just maybe some one has dropped a slight hint that what ever happens Brazil must win . my only hope is that Germany haven`t read the memo .

It's a fair shout what you say. But I do think Germany can take Brazil apart, even with questionable officiating. Let's hope so. I want to see David Luiz cry after being denied that pleasure when the diving racist biter got sent home early.

Harsh? He's a ****. And no wonder Mourinho got rid of him, he is not a great player. Our guys gave their all, just not good enough right now. Just because they don't cry or pray to a non existent higher being when they win, does not mean they do not have passion or pride. Of course they do.

Is it me or has anyone else have the feeling that Brazil must win the world cup, that is not saying that they will but , over all their games I have watched during this World cup it strikes me that Brazil are gurranteed to win, it is as if FIFA have told every one that they can not be knocked out . From game one decisions have gone for them Neymar should have walked in the first game and as for that penalty well I`ve seen softer cotton wool buds , against Chile the Ref seemed not to want to caution any Brazilian player and Last nights game The official was shocking , the Brazilian keeper would of walked if it was any other team and several of the Brazilian players should of been cautioned but that would mean they would miss the semi. . It strikes me that Brazil going out of the cup would and could cause major problems ,As with the climate and peoples feelings over the waste of money. so maybe just maybe some one has dropped a slight hint that what ever happens Brazil must win . my only hope is that Germany haven`t read the memo .

Spot on.

I have the very same feeling.

Can you imagine the place if Brazil get knocked out.

Luiz's weaknesses are plain to see. And the blubbing and praying is all drivel - But if you can see that pride and sheer desire to win in our players Mangle you've better vision than me.

I'm sorry but it simply doesn't mean that much to ( some ,not all of ) our players

Gary Neville virtually admitted it

I don't mean that the act of praying itself is drivel, but I do think that the kneeling on the pitch, eyes closed hands clasped for the world to see is nothing more than posing basically

Thanks for that Brian. It would be nice to think of it as an act of Christian witness to the reality of God, and, the players belief in God and his dedicating his part in the match to God. However, sadly at times some players actions on the pitch don't seem to reflect this, or a love of God.

FFS,this is a football forum,go somewhere else with all the religous b0££0cks.

I don't mean that the act of praying itself is drivel, but I do think that the kneeling on the pitch, eyes closed hands clasped for the world to see is nothing more than posing basically

Thanks for that Brian. It would be nice to think of it as an act of Christian witness to the reality of God, and, the players belief in God and his dedicating his part in the match to God. However, sadly at times some players actions on the pitch don't seem to reflect this, or a love of God.

I, and I suspect many local footballers, have knelt down,closed eyes and clasped hands for a prayer behind the away team dressing room door, prior to running out at Lafrowda Parc.

Methodists, catholics, anglicans, jews, muslims, mormons, jehovas witnesses, hindus, rastafarians and athesists................. not pagans, they were next door.

All I've read this morning and listened to is how poor Brazil where, ok yes they were, but let's give Germany some credit here too, they where simply outstanding,well oiled ,and clinical.

For Brazil , I feel sorry for the poverty stricken general public.

Sold the dream of the World Cup by a bunch of pigs with their snouts in the trough and now out of the final and left with billions of dollars of loans from the central funding banks that doesn't have a hope in hell of being repaid.

The Economic hit men win again....They never lose.

Germany had 12 shots on target, Brazil had 13! No-one has pointed out that fact and that the result was a freak one: few teams at any level will score 7 with 12 shots on target. Truro beat Salisbury 6 - 0 away a few seasons ago, but the shots-on-target were virtually the same for both teams. Likewise in a match at home to Farnborough, Truro were 7 - 1 up at half time if memory serves: just about every first half shot was not only on target but scored! Occasionally, from Parks football through Southern League, Premiership and the World Cup you get freak results where one team scores with many of its shots and the other one doesn't. Then there are games like NZ v Italy, a 1 - 1 draw where NZ had I think 2 shots (the one they scored from being offside when replays were shown!) whilst Italy had 22! (Brilliant result, mind! Lots of sore heads in the workplace next morning in NZ!) So, the Brazil/Germany game was a freak result. Nothing to cry about, unless with frustration. It is football.

(who on EARTH do you support out of Germany and the Argies in the final? Hope the other channels have something worth watching on!)

Tom, I like your style. Quite correct to point those stats out, and it was a freak result. BUT, Brazil are not in great shape at the moment, and I don't really think they had much of a chance to keep winning. Germany are a good team, and will not rip Argentina apart like they did Brazil. No room for two freak results one after the other. So although there is some accuracy to your point, they were odds on to get squarely beaten.

The English national squad is about where Germany were 4 years ago, some of the young players coming through show a lot of good things but we must ignore the media hype about some players, the like of Wilshire, & Townsend will never achieve solid international prominence, tighten up the centre of the defence (where is the next John Terry?) get a referee who would send off an Italian when he should, never ever again play Rooney deep (as I said back in March) and we too could be winners.

Why not Messi? He was outstanding. How many times did he skip past players leaving them chasing his shadow. He scored important goals, very important goals, to get his team to the World Cup Final. No diving (Robben plus others), no elbowing (Neymar and others), just football, pure excellent football. He was at least worthy of consideration, and although perhaps not reaching the height of his own ability in this particular tournament, he has set his own standard very high, above most other players in the tournament.

James Rodriguez won the golden boot and should also have have been chosen for the golden ball, Rodriguez suffered a continued period of being fouled by Brazil, it was the only way for them to stop him, a young player who made the rest of the world aware of his talent. Messi made a few runs with no end content, proof of that was that Argentina did not have one shot ON TARGET (Official figures) throughout the whole 120 minutes of the final, sulking, why did they make Messi captain, he also walked away from the manager when he was giving the team a pep talk at the end of 90 minutes in preparation for extra time. Not once throughout did I see him encourage others, good captains are a special breed, Messi never.