Cornwall Football Forum

Ha Ha Ha Ha.[You know what this is about].

Oh dear, the Spurs glory train has just derailed somewhere between almost there and still not there. Same old story for the yids there then!

Getting above their stations for too many months now and like they always do, fall away in typical fashion.

Let's hear the blah blah blah reasons as to why the mighty spuds have failed to achieve anything yet again?? Come on, don't let us all down!

Atleast the semis are at Wembley for you spuds hey!

5v1 to the Chelsea. who the Spud fans have been telling me are a spent force!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons will no doubt centre around the goal that wasn't a goal. Shouldn't of happened of course. All wrong. Denied a fairer shout at the game for Spurs. But just like Lampards goal for England v Germany, it wouldn't have affected the result. Spurs were well beaten in the end.

So it will be interesting to hear the reasons why. Surely with VdV, Adebayor, Bale etc, it was the "first team" out there? Recent comments from our well known contributors on here stated that obviously Harry was targeting the FA Cup.

Here's my reason for the scoreline (to help out you Spurs supporters) Chelsea were the better team and deserved to win.

Very quiet.indeed.Gutted.

All the rubbish,about it dont matter.Chelsea scored five.

It was massive.

Spurs were very much in the game,at 1-0.

Why always Spurs.

The Pedro Mendes goal at Old Trafford.

The Nani/Gomes incident.

Frank Lampard's so called goal last season at the Bridge,when Gomes let the ball through his legs,but he retieved before crossing the line.

Then yesterday.

Forgive me for stating the obvious somersetspur, but Chelsea's 2nd goal yesterday may or may not have directly led to Spurs crumbling but what must you and fellow Spurs fans be thinking of 'arry's army having won just 3 from your last 12 games?

All I've heard this season until 3 weeks ago and Spurs imploding, was how great 'arry is and how Spurs will push the 2 manc teams for the title. Surely the demise can't all be put down to the effect of the England job speculation? Can it?

O.K. all you football experts,you tell me what has changed.

10 games ago SAF,said Spurs were the best team in the League.

Capello leaves England,and Arry is in poll position ,to replace him.

Players lose faith,decisions start to go against us,and BANG.The wheels come off.

So please tell me ,WHY have Spurs season ,gone belly up.

Very quiet.indeed.Gutted.

All the rubbish,about it dont matter.Chelsea scored five.

It was massive.

Spurs were very much in the game,at 1-0.

Why always Spurs.

The Pedro Mendes goal at Old Trafford.

The Nani/Gomes incident.

Frank Lampard's so called goal last season at the Bridge,when Gomes let the ball through his legs,but he retieved before crossing the line.

Then yesterday.

In the last month or so there have been six major "mistakes" made by officials Micheal Carricks tackle on Murphy stonewall penalty not given when the ref was only 10 yards away,Chelsea's 2 offside goals against Wigan when the lino was perfectly placed, Young's 2 dives that supposedly "conned" The refs and yesterdays decision at the Chelsea Spurs semi final when the ref was in perfect position to see the ball had not gone in the goal. In these 6 incidents 2 teams gained massive advantage Man Utd and Chelsea . Coincidence or Conspiracy? Just 1 more thing, i read somewhere that 56million pounds was won on Illegal betting scams on soccer worldwide last year, makes you wonder but that of course is another story...........I HOPE

So please tell me ,WHY have Spurs season ,gone belly up.

A lot is to do with confidence. When you go out knowing that you will win (you know - the winning attitude, not the "we've only got to turn up and we will win" attitude) you play with freedom and flair. Sums up Spurs I think in the first half of the season. Really a team in form, playing with great confidence. Deserving to win their games. Playing well. Lose a bit of confidence, you start to look over your shoulder, a bit if belief goes, you hope your team-mates take more responsibilty than you, you think everything goes against you. It all adds up. Maybe the catalyst was the England situation, but Spurs are now low on confidence. The management team needs to earn their money and get that belief back. It will return, Spurs league run-in looks ok and should they turn the corner, they are well placed to still finish top 4.

After a 5h1t weekend,you can rely on the goons,to cheer us YIDS up.

The door is ajar.???????????

The door was never shut. Still a fair way to go until the fat lady sings. A few twists and turns yet I reckon. However, see what I mean about confidence, Wigan played really well, playing with a lot of confidence right now. I am sure that when they go out for their next game, confidence will be sky-high, knock the ball around, put in that extra effort to win a ball, block a shot, go that extra mile.

Why.????

Is he the only football expert.on here.?????

No, but he/she is the one that kept ramming down everyone's throats how good Spurs are and are now conspicuous by their absence!!

Yes, Arsenal do have a way of letting themselves down, but have to say tonight Wigan played well and stuck to their game plan. They've had an excellent run of late beating Man Utd, now Arsenal and should have got something from the Cheslea game.

Well done to them! Looking forward to the remaining few games.

Always said,Spurs will finish above the Goons.

You have the debating skills of a 2½ year old.

On further reflection, that is an insult to my 2½ year old daughter. You have the debating skills of a spaniel.

Having said that, it is an insult to my spaniel. You have the debating skills of a rat.

On further reflection, that is an insult to my 2½ year old daughter. You have the debating skills of a spaniel.

Having said that, it is an insult to my spaniel. You have the debating skills of a rat.

Hold on, my daughter has a pet rat. That is an insul....oh you get the idea.

Excellent from Wigan.

Unfortunately from an Arsenal point of view - our substitutes werent good enough on the night.

Rambo is struggling for confidence and the OX came in too late. Gerv is too lightweight for this division.

All credit to Wigan who made Arsenal compact the final third which in turn allowed Wigan to break into the space.

Not good enough from us - but either way we shall still rightfully finish third, because we're Arsenal and we should never and i mean never finish below Tottingham Lukewarmspurs.

Mangle.There is no debate.

Arsenal and Chelsea,are scum.

Look at my team and how we all conduct ourselves.

Tottenham/Fabrice Muamba - 1st class.

1 minutes silence in respect of the Hillsborough disaster at Wembley .100% respect.

Now lets look at these other two clubs.

Arsenal.Dont know how to lose.

Their captain,refusing to shake hands with anyone,and wanting a fight.Wenger belittling Wigan.

Chelsea led by a racist.

1 minutes silence totally abused by those idiots.

Arsenal and Chelsea = scum

No debate.

Mangle.There is no debate.

Arsenal and Chelsea,are scum.

Look at my team and how we all conduct ourselves.

Tottenham/Fabrice Muamba - 1st class.

1 minutes silence in respect of the Hillsborough disaster at Wembley .100% respect.

Now lets look at these other two clubs.

Arsenal.Dont know how to lose.

Their captain,refusing to shake hands with anyone,and wanting a fight.Wenger belittling Wigan.

Chelsea led by a racist.

1 minutes silence totally abused by those idiots.

Arsenal and Chelsea = scum

No debate.

Please tell me you haven't bred....

• 2 weeks later...

Just going back to a previous post about the mancs not having anything to shout about this season, another premier league title might be worthy of a little song and dance

Which Mancs Club were you talking about.?

I ve changed my mind about Spurs season,now.

We must be having a great one,because we could win the same as United.LOL.

Hold on, my daughter has a pet rat. That is an insul....oh you get the idea.

The debating skills are not looking as stupid,now.

How's your daughter and rat.???????

These forum's seem devoid of gobby goons.

HaHaHaHaHaHa.

Sorry. Been playing my beloved football, at a windy Newquay! Lost 3 nil too. And what a disastrous result for Arsenal. 5th place now looking a possibility. Hope Villa put up a fight tomorrow, and City pull out a result up at the Toon. Relying on others never good, but that's what you were doing at the start of the day. You could return the favour:)

I still back my gob.

SPURS WILL FINISH 3RD.

The goons will drop points at W.B.A.

Martin Jol will make sure Fulham will roll over and have their tummy tickled.

Its been,nice listening to you gobby goons,over the season.

Sure as,eggs are eggs,this thread will be gooner free,after next weekend.

TTID.

Forgotten something have we....

From the Telegraph "Tottenham Hotspur embarked on a mission to restore their damaged reputation yesterday after new details emerged of their mishandled dismissal of manager Martin Jol." From the BBC "It was inevitable ever since Spurs' representatives were caught red-handed in Seville talking to Juande Ramos," said Legard. "For all the denials from Spurs that nothing untoward was going on, and that it was a meeting about a matter completely unrelated, clearly Jol was a dead man walking and has been ever since."

I for one hope Jol gets some payback after the disgusting way in which Spurs sacked the man.

I still back my gob.

SPURS WILL FINISH 3RD.

The goons will drop points at W.B.A.

Its been,nice listening to you gobby goons,over the season.

Sure as,eggs are eggs,this thread will be gooner free,after next weekend.

TTID.

Oops, I don't think so!

17 years in a row of finishing above the local neighbours, Spurs. It is an incredible achievement. The table does not lie, once again, Arsenal proved they are better over the whole season.

Spurs have had a brilliant season, there is no getting away from that. And with Bayern expected to beat Chelsea, they may yet get their reward of being in the Champions League.

But who cares, The Arsenal are the Top London Club :)

It is a shame that after all the shouting and name-calling from a certain Spurfect, the silence is now deafening. Hopefully a lesson will have been learnt, and that is not to shoot your mouth off too soon.

Absolutely! It has been so obvious that when results didn't go in their favour, then spurfect did a vanishing act for a while.

What an end of season, so close and tense, but there's never a more enjoyable outcome than ones like these!

Also congratulations to Man City on a superb season and very worthy winners of the Premiership.

What a wonderful season, been a Man City fan all my life what a finish hope they win it sooner next season. Nice to see Arsenal above Spurs again after all the abuse thrown at them on this thread. Liverpool won a trophy against the odds, and Chelsea won 2 cups against even greater odds. A couple of teams who usually got the most to say seem to be missing on the roll of honour. Oh well never mind they can holler and shout from August to April again next season and then win nothing again. Have a nice summer everyone. :yahoo: