Cornwall Football Forum

Players on the move

I see on the Penninsula website a list of transfers have gone up this morning. I see Tavistock have signed a handful of very good prem divison players, surely the favourites for Their league this year? I also notice that Steve Colwell and Lee Doel already have had 2 transfers, the race to 3 is on!!

Taken from the website......

Latest Transfers :
No.

009 Steve Colwell From : Plymouth Parkway To : Ivybridge Town

Additional Transfers recd in June by fax / email where I am awaiting original forms to arrive:

Steve Colwell - From Ivybridge Town to Plymouth Parkway

or to make it easier, here is the link. :)http://www.swpleague.co.uk/swpforum/viewtopic.php?t=5568

Hoping this helps......

Just had a look at the transfers and Falmouth have signed some real good players and i see my 2 local clubs have lost players and gained Newquays winger Ollie Gibson gone to St Austell to supply the crosses to Liam Eddy every time i saw Ollie play he could be brilliant 1 minute and awful the next i see the Gs Ollie Dart has gone to Newquay he will be a good signing to help out the young defence i see they have also signed Tom Vercoe from Wadebridge as well i think hes a goalie i hope so with a bit of height because Newquays Trudgen is short for a keeper looking forward to the start of the season and the pre season matches locally and up Plymouth versus Swansea £9 admission price bet it will be dearer down Truro for there pre season matches

Just seen Leighton Carhart has left Newquay and gone to Wadebridge i thought he was agood player and also Luke howarth has gone as well and i see Adam Carter back at Bodmin watch Bodmin go now if hes gone to Bodmin and Landricombe is at Truro Plymouth Parkway will be a lot weaker

100%... You know your stuff !! Parkway have strengthened in all departments during the break. Bodmin have lost a few players.. ?? I don't see why parkway will be weaker at all. I suppose we will see what happens. But whatever happens have a great season and keep enjoying the game. I cant wait to get going

• 1 month later...

I have just read in the news paper that Sam Hilson has been seen rowing across the Tamar to join Torpoint.

On Tuesday's performance , will he get in the side ?

and in response to a comment on a previous thread the other day by Nutmeg and I quote...

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Went to watch Parkway v Torpoint tonight fully expecting to see Parkway stroll to a comfortable win in perfect conditions infront of a large crowd so when Pace put Torpoint one up after a minute I was pleasantly surprised by what was to follow.The predicted onslaught did not come intact I don't recall a Parkway shot.The attitude of the Torpoint players was the best I've seen from a local side in a long time.Not only did they run themselves into the ground they also showed a lot of quality on the ball creating 7/8 clear chances.They were a credit to their club.On a less positive note it was a shame to see some of the actions of the Parkway players after going one and two behind.These so called top players in the league rolled over and at one stage a player [who I shall not name] walked over to the sideline where I was stood looked to his mates laughed, shrugged his shoulders and said "who gives a ****" shocking attitude .Credit to Torpoint though just shows what hard work , organisation and a will to win can achieve...

Surely this move from P/way is a bit strange.....is it linked to the above thread I wonder