Cornwall Football Forum

Early predictions for Peninsula Premier, West (and East) title contenders

Just a little bit of fun guys..... Who's people early predictions on knowing, hearing, seeing teams from last year? Or perhaps new signings will ensure silverware for teams?

Mine are:

Prem: Bodmin, Parkway, The G, Saltash

West: Helston, Mousehole, Vospers, Penryn

East: sorry don't know enough about the East

Im going for Bodmin for the league but if Parkway still have Levi LANDRICOMBE playing for them its got to be them again so im going to say Bodmin 1ST Or Parkway 2nd St Austell 3rd The G Leading Scorer got to be Landricombe again or Eddy for STaustell Senior Cup St Austell The old charity cup or Aubrey wilkes i think now im Going for THE G

For me its difficult to see any other team but Parkway again winning it but realise that other teams will have made signings. The loss of Coach Darren Stewart to tavistock could make a difference but the managers do have the right blend of experience and drive to win games. Parkway should really have won by at least 10-12 points but a couple of crazy performances made it quite tight at the finish. 2nd place st austell 3rd bodmin / exmouth

Forgot about a revitalised Tavistock being in the East! And Having a new coaching staff will make a huge difference. A good club with superb facilities need to be in the Prem again! Parkway seem to be the pick of the bunch and rightly so... Did I read Ryan Richards has returned to them full time again? And Shane Krac? Or was that another dead rumour? I think St Austell have a chance of pushing the usual teams to the final whistle again especially with The Ex Truro lad signing. I saw him a little bit last season and season before. Quick!!!!!!

If St austell don't win it, the axe will surely fall on coach Lafferty - you don't spend that kind of money on players without demanding success.

Absolute tosh !!

You don't sack a good coach just like that. This isn't the Premiership.

In all fairness with the budget they've got up there this season my mum could guide them to a top 3 finish!

Long ball Lafs lillywhite army will soon start falling out if the results don't come straight away!!!

If St austell don't win it, the axe will surely fall on coach Lafferty - you don't spend that kind of money on players without demanding success.

Absolute tosh !!

In all fairness with the budget they've got up there this season my mum could guide them to a top 3 finish!

Long ball Lafs lillywhite army will soon start falling out if the results don't come straight away!!!

Zzzz...........there is some absolute crap thats written on this forum, jeez!

Absolute tosh !!

Zzzz...........there is some absolute crap thats written on this forum, jeez!

Agreed !

See we all have another numpty newbie to amuse us on here in the shape of Hometown Hero. Shame you didn't have many Hero's last season in your Bodmin set up, or trophies come to mention it, so I guess that explains your bitterness. And you would know all about long ball having watched Miller kick 70 yards direct to your strikers for as long as we can all remember!

Hometown Hero and Leeds United as Bodmin Town Chairman I ask you to concentrate on Bodmin and not what other sides are doing, what St Austell have achieved over the last few years is a credit to the hard working committee there, in Phil Gary and Andy they have a management team good enough to grace any swpl team and with the few additions to an all ready impressive squad they will be along with Bodmin challenging for honours next season.

Its important not to believe all that you hear about budgets etc and regardless what ever any team choose to spend it really should have no concern of supporters from other teams, we all want the best for the team we are supporting so please lets all just start concentrating more on our own club and less slating of our competition.

Best Of luck to all next season, and keep up the good work

Regards

James Chapman

Hometown Hero and Leeds United as Bodmin Town Chairman I ask you to concentrate on Bodmin and not what other sides are doing, what St Austell have achieved over the last few years is a credit to the hard working committee there, in Phil Gary and Andy they have a management team good enough to grace any swpl team and with the few additions to an all ready impressive squad they will be along with Bodmin challenging for honours next season.

Its important not to believe all that you hear about budgets etc and regardless what ever any team choose to spend it really should have no concern of supporters from other teams, we all want the best for the team we are supporting so please lets all just start concentrating more on our own club and less slating of our competition.

Best Of luck to all next season, and keep up the good work

Regards

James Chapman

Well said James, hopefully they will take your sound advice. Looking forward to next season already !

In fairness chaps I couldn't care less about either of your clubs! I have no affiliation with any club, just amazes me how Cornish Clubs go in cycles depending were the money is over the past years clubs have gone close to ruin yet still learn no lessons - have St austell AFC/ AFC st austell/ st AFC Austell not forgotten the days when they were left broke with no players? (And the drinkers behind the bar had to play just to raise an XI) Falmouth, Newquay, st Blazey all had the £££ and the ??? but look where they are now those players moved on for a bigger packet elsewhere, there is no long term planning - just short term success.

St Austell have much more sponsorship than they had in the dark days of the past . The clubs finances are consequently are in a much healthier and secure position now. The club is much more efficiently and economically run than in the past. The current regime are not going to spend money they haven't got and place themselves in the position of the clubs mentioned and where ourselves once were.

In fairness chaps I couldn't care less about either of your clubs! I have no affiliation with any club, just amazes me how Cornish Clubs go in cycles depending were the money is over the past years clubs have gone close to ruin yet still learn no lessons - have St austell AFC/ AFC st austell/ st AFC Austell not forgotten the days when they were left broke with no players? (And the drinkers behind the bar had to play just to raise an XI) Falmouth, Newquay, st Blazey all had the £££ and the but look where they are now those players moved on for a bigger packet elsewhere, there is no long term planning - just short term success.

it's pretty much the same in town still

Lol,

Absolute tosh !!

You don't sack a good coach just like that. This isn't the Premiership.they won't sack laffs, he's 1 of the main money pits how else do u think they got such a monster budget