Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Plymouth Parkway

Really looking forward to going up mt wise on saturday this week to watch this match i can see it possibly going into double figures but i will go for a 8-0 win to Parkway and the best player in my opinion Levi Landricombe getting 5 Parkway are the best team i have seen but seen to be not on top form this year when they got hammered at St Blazey but i still think they will end up in the top 3 at the end of the season . I think Newquay will be going to Jewsons before saturday to get some planks to board up there goal and try and hang on in the 2nd half . It is upsetting seeing my home town getting so many hammerings this season but they will come good again my family go back a long way with Newquay fc my grandad was treasurer when it was Newquay Rovers and my dad was a Newquay fanatic and i remember this old lady whacking him with his brolly when we was at Wadebridge once it would break his heart if he was still around to see what the team is like now . Im just hoping the hospital dont call me in b4 saturday well i aint bloody going the bladder op can wait until the new year . .I will be up there with my old camera taking pictures with film for my vast collection of football photos ,Looking forward to this game so much and please Parkway go gentle with the Newquay lads they are mostly young and you could leave them traumatised if you score too many .

Wouldn't say Newquay have had many hammerings, 7-3 away at Witheridge and 3-0 away to Ivybridge are the only ones that stand out, most games seem to have been by the odd goal, apparently self cause mistakes. Newquay seem to struggle to maintain the same starting line up every week not sure why?(work, injuries or suspensions) good to hear Elliot Simcox is back, looked like a quality left sided player that can get up and down. Can see this being a tough game with Parkway's quality.

A huge match this Saturday for The Peppermints as current SWPL Champions & League Cup Winners Plymouth Parkway visit Mount Wise Stadium. Please bring a mate & double the gate, support The Towns Club, visit the Clubhouse from Noon for West Brom v Arsenal and after the main event we will have Sunderland v Chelsea on the big screens, even Mr Pearce is 100% welcome.

Parkway might not be the all conquering side of the last few years, but still have a front two that will cause problems. Despite results, The Peppermints are still going into each game full of confidence, the supporters are still backing them and at some point in the not too distant future, things will all fall into place. Hoping for a close, exciting match that keeps everyone entertained until the 96th minute, followed by a Newquay winner coming off the refs backside to make it 4-3.

A draw would be a huge improvement on recent results v Parkway, in fact I can't recall the last time we took anything from them. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise Newquay supporters if we gained all three points, our performances have generally been better than the results. Hoping that Parkway fans make the trip to the Sunshine Coast (I've checked the forecast), always nice when a club brings supporters to Mount Wise Stadium.

A draw would be a huge improvement on recent results v Parkway, in fact I can't recall the last time we took anything from them. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise Newquay supporters if we gained all three points, our performances have generally been better than the results. Hoping that Parkway fans make the trip to the Sunshine Coast (I've checked the forecast), always nice when a club brings supporters to Mount Wise Stadium.

Just back from mt wise and what a class act Plymouth parkway are the football they played this afternoon was just breathtaking Newquay where very poor today and the defence where a shambles and levi landricombe what a player could of had more than he got a greedy player but he is 1 hell of a player . Cant really pick a mom out for Newquay but for Parkway the whole team especially no5 Gavin Coulton what a player he is . Like to thank Parkway for entertaining me so much with there flowing football it was like the film Zulu wave after wave of Parkway players attacking the Newquay goal just 1 complaint Parkway you didnt get 8 like i predicted but you came close with Levi Landricombe hitting the crossbar in the final minutes of the game i clapped the parkway players off the field at the end . Hard luck Newquay there time will come again

Not surprised with the result, when you have several players playing out of position ,probably Newquays most direct midfielder playing at right back and

a full back playing in midfield what do you expect ?

I thought the young lad just signed from Porthleven played well on his debut .

We will have to play 100% better on friday night against St Dennis to get a result ,lets hope Ollie Darts fit and other players are playing in their correct positions.

I have to say Parkway are the best side I have seen this season on todays performance

Newquays 1 real quality player jack bray evans playing at no 2 and he had a stinker his passing was shocking but the whole team where poor and the no4 had a knightmare . I thought Newwquay had signed Ollie Dart and the 2 Fearon lads Josh and Sam from Godolphin . I dont know how st Blazey scored 7 versus Parkway maybe they dont like playing under flood lights but that Parkway team yesterday where just awesome

Seemed as if newquay had a number of players playing out of position, Evans normally plays as an attacking midfielder but had to fill in at right due to work commitments. Same with the plymouth lad cooper? I've seen him play as a striker and cb but he gives newquay a much needed presence in midfield without the suspended Middleton. Newquay we're forced into bringing on 2 young lads that haven't played in this league before, one of which did quite well. Didn't see Matt Drummound, guessing he's struggling with injuries?

A club like Newquay should not be next to bottom in the league. A great shame a club with such history struggling so badly on the field how have all their better players joined Godolphin? Have they ever been so low in the table Bazzer or Nemesis..?

Unfortunately the leaugue is no respecter of past history. A great club like Liskeard is in the West Division , Falmouth are also languishing near the bottom of the Premier.

It's disappointing that so called "supporters" of Newquay come on here to knock the Club and the team. The team is going through a period of transition and hopefully it will come out of it a stronger Club. Ross is the current manager and he decides who plays and where he plays. I'm sure Ross gives a great deal of thought to any decision he makes as a manager. It is always easy after the event to criticise a manager if things don't go to plan. Newquay has had a lot of narrow losses and maybe with a bit of luck some of those losses could easily have turned into a draw or even a win. 100% Cornish, you are of course entitled to your opinion but someone who says he "supports" both teams in the town, I question how such a savage criticism of the team can in any way be expressed as support. Maybe you would like to help the Club by volunteering to go on the committee or to help out in some other way, selling programmes eg. as if you were a true supporter you would surely want to see the Club do better rather than just be highly critical of it.

Despite a poor run of results, the fans still turn up knowing that sooner or later, it will all click into place and someone will get a damn good spanking. Our SWPL average attendance is around 110, the 4th highest in the League. Our Cup figures (including Comp tickets) is even higher, there must be a good reason why they come back week after week.

With St Dennis bringing 50 fans to Mount Wise Stadium this Friday, we should see a 200+ attendance for the Cornwall Senior Cup match. Top of the West v 2nd bottom of Prem, the Saints are probably favourites, but this is the cup, it is a local derby and every game under the lights just seems better. For all those who doubt Newquay or believe the negative comments, come and judge for yourselves. I'm predicting a high scoring match that goes to extra-time.

After watching Newquay several times this season and speaking with a number of their supporters, the consensus seems to be that player selection isn't the issue but that the wrong tactics are being employed.

Irrespective of personnel deployed, the team set up is far too open and often reverts in effect to 4-2-4, leaving them out numbered in midfield and vulnerable to the counter-attacking of opponents. The game at home to Saltash was a good example.

Hopefully with Ollie Dart restored as a holding midfielder and stronger leadership on the field and from the bench, it's not to late to turn the season around and avoid an embarrassing relegation (especially without FlyBe funding to bank roll a speedy return this time)

The small amount Flybe paid to be shirt sponsors, went specifically to the youth section of the club as part of the 'Flybe in the Community scheme'.

Back to the current Newquay side, I don't think that our Brazilian friend above has been to Mount Wise at all this season. The supporters main concern is that Ross has been unable to put the same XI out, two games in a row. Early on it was Holidays, Work, Weddings etc, then we moved into the Educational needs, Illness and Injuries before a spate of Suspensions hit the club.

As I have said previously, please pop along on Friday and watch for yourselves, every fiver helps !!!

The small amount Flybe paid to be shirt sponsors, went specifically to the youth section of the club as part of the 'Flybe in the Community scheme'.

Back to the current Newquay side, I don't think that our Brazilian friend above has been to Mount Wise at all this season. The supporters main concern is that Ross has been unable to put the same XI out, two games in a row. Early on it was Holidays, Work, Weddings etc, then we moved into the Educational needs, Illness and Injuries before a spate of Suspensions hit the club.

As I have said previously, please pop along on Friday and watch for yourselves, every fiver helps !!!

If our supporters at Liskeard were concerned about that point, we wouldn`t have anyone coming in to watch !!

I don`t remember being able to field the same starting 11 consecutively since being in management and that includes the great times we had at Mount Edgcumbe over a thousand years ago.

Supporters need to be aware of what clubs have to go through to get a "squad " of players together, then try to build some sportsmanship and add in a bit of camaraderie to keep things running smoothly, never easy when so many teams have so many players with many different needs and commitments.

MQx

It is a concern Martin, but an average of 110 still turn out to support the lads every game, not many by historical measures, but more than most clubs this season. As Jim said, it is a transitional period and we will come through it stronger and still in the SWPL Premier.

Nemesis, I applaud your loyalty but feel that your devotion is somewhat myopic.

I have watched Newquay around six times this season, hence my comment using the Saltash game as an example. My analysis was also based on games including, from memory, those against St Austell, Slimbridge, Bovey Tracey.

I'm sure that when you think it through, you will accept that very few teams at this level can put out the same team week on week. Apart from injuries and suspensions, the players are not professionals and have work commitments as well as family and other considerations.

In those matches I have attended, the team on the pitch has certainly not lacked ability but the tactics have been naive and leadership has not been evident.

I am happy to accept your claim that the "small" amount (you must be well-off to call it so) paid by FlyBe funded only the youth section but I am still entitled to wonder in that case who funded the promotion season when the budget was obviously substantial.

I will continue to watch Newquay when able to do so and wish Ross and his team good wishes and a little more luck for the rest of 2014/5

You don't win anything based on numbers watching I'm afraid!!

Newquay are one of the traditional clubs in cornwall along with Penzance, falmouth, porthleven that youngsters would want to play for and aspire to play for. It's all a little different now I'm afraid.

I hope the youth section stay with the club though. It's all very well having a great youth section for the community but if they go off and play for other clubs, find drink, find women then newquay won't profit from the investment made

Cornish Brazilian ,sadly your case that it was past riches that brought about the last period of all too brief success at Newquay doesn't hold water. My understanding having been involved at the time, was that Flybe gave 2 k per annum.If it had gone to the first team with around 35 games a season allowing for a bit of a cup run @£62.50 a game is hardly life changing or season making is it.No doubt you will trot out they must have had lots of money from elsewhere.Wrong the budget was far from generous but it was what the hardworking club could afford.Give Hoops some credit for his coaching skills in getting promotion ,rather than assuming it was bought success.This season Ross has had to rebuild and find the balance between results and giving the many fans who turn up something good to watch and again without a wealthy benefactor to boost the hard earned budget . Newquay will be fine ,they have good players for whom the manager, will find a shape and method that enables them to become an effective and successful team.Its not all about money and it's easy to take shots at those who are attempting to run teams,rather than praising their willingness to give their time and energy.

Newquay is a good club ran by good people but they need a new manager to get them playing and entertaining i would love to see Derek Martin come back into football but hes a godolphin man through and through . The team has no leader on the pitch like coulton was for parkway last saturday i know Jack Bray Evans is young but he would make a good captain i hope Newquay start to put some results together soon . I go to watch the G because i get entertained with the football they play they always play with a smile on there faces there and everyone involved with the club does a marvellous job there and will be out there very soon again and will continue to watch both teams when well enough . Hope Newquay can beat St Dennis this friday i will be up there cheering them on but i got a feeling st dennis will pull off a shock win .