Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Round 3 - post your results - Saturday Nov 29th 2014

Few predictions for this weekend’s junior cup 3rd round - Padstow looking strong this year and can’t see any other result than beating altarnon, the likes of a kilkhampton could be surprise package in the later stages as they’ve recently reformed from east cornwall football and after beating another strong contender in foxhole last week callington have to also be in with a shout going into the third round.

From looking at the league tables and previous seasons form of being runners up I would say veryan are a team that stand out, it will be interesting to see them coming up against st Dominick this weekend who have also been flying in there league apart from a couple poor results lately.

Having managed to watch veryan a few times this season it doesn’t seem they have the same cutting edge – last season they were a settled side and it showed from how many early goals they scored then going on to dominate the game but this season against more gritty opponents who don’t roll over it seems they lack that cutting edge at times and I can see upset on the horizon.

Also not forgetting carharrack in the western section – not been able to get down and watch them yet this season but they seem to be a strong side and in contention?

All the original ties - ko 2pm
Saltash United (Duchy Premier) V Sticker (Duchy 2)
Altarnon (Duchy 1) V Padstow United (Duchy Premier)
Veryan (Duchy 3) V St Dominick (Duchy Premier)
Looe Town FC (Duchy Premier) V Biscovey (Duchy 1)
St Merryn (Duchy 4) V Holywell And Cubert (Duchy 2)
Bude Town (Kingsley Lge) V St Stephen (Duchy Premier)
Kilkhampton (Duchy 5) V Edgcumbe (Duchy 1)
Callington Town (Duchy 2) v St Mawgan (Duchy 1)
Penryn Athletic (Trelawny 2) V Threemilestone (Trelawny Premier)
Mawnan (Trelawny Premier) V Mullion (Trelawny 2)
West Cornwall FC (Trelawny Premier) V Rosudgeon (Trelawny 1)
Holman Sports Club (Trelawny Premier) V Camborne Park (Trelawny 3)
St Buryan (Trelawny Premier) V Gwinear Church Town (Trelawny Premier)
Camborne School Of Mines (Trelawny 1) V Perranporth
Hayle (Trelawny 1) V Frogpool & Cusgarne (Trelawny 2)
Carharrack (Trelawny Premier) V Trispen (Trelawny 2)

Hayle Reserves (div 1) 1 - 3 Frogpool

Goes to show that cup football is a great equaliser. just because a team is in the league above it doesn't mean they cant be beaten.

goals Martin jay 1

Mike Rollason 2

O/G from Chris Dobson an excellent looping knee clearance.

neil carter with three assists great performance.

I little one sided frogpool defence only limiting hayle to long range efforts and frogpool took there chance well.

ref made a few strange decisions but was not bad. linesman flaging for an offside from a throw in was comical but ref gave it for foul throw a little weird.

Hayle 1 Frogpool 3

Great win today. We played well and could of scored more goals. the unlucky Nick Lasseter hitting the bar and past three times from a half volley and two long range effforts. Great finishes from Mike Rollason and good unselfish play from Neil Carter setting up Martyn Jay for the third. Jason Holt and Ian Jay looked very strong today and this left Lee Booker in the Frogpool goal with not a left to do. Kai Delaney held well in his new midfield role.

Carharrack 5-2 Trispen

Scoreline is a little flattering to the home side but over the entire 90 minutes Carharrack deserved to go through to the next round.

we (Trispen) started brightly and our intensity was causing problems. We made a couple of small chances early on but against the run of play Carharrack scored a scrappy opener with a toe poke finding it's way into the corner.

Trispen actually became inspired by this and deservedly equalised as Shane Weeks and Lewis Dodd combined to score a brilliant equaliser.

The same two combined again from a throw out from Trispen Gk to give Trispen and inspired lead. Trispen continued to press high and had 2 more excellent chances. 1 passage including 2 goal saving Carharrack blocks.

Half time came and Carharrack clearly had some words at half time and certainly came out a different side. They equalised when a low cross wasn't dealt with and the ball somehow found its way into the corner for another scrappy goal to equalise.

The same low cross moments later was prodded home by the young forward to score a 3rd and put Carharrack in front for the first time.

Trispen were clearly rattled by poor quality of the goals from our perspective but they all count. We tried to get back in the game but Carharrack now had a measure of control and scored 2 more as Trispen pressed and went 3 up front. The Carharrack 4th and 5th were excellent finishes and put the gloss on a Scoreline that didn't look likely early on.

Carharrack are rightfully up there with the favourites for the junior cup. They have assembled a nice mix of senior experience with undoubted youth talent but they were certainly in a tougher game then they probably expected.

For me I'm very proud of my team and the effort put in and if we repeat this type of performance we will certainly benefit in the league.

Thanks to Carharrack for the great spread and hospitality and best of luck for the rest of the season.

Dare I ask, but regarding the West Cornwall v Rosudgeon, is there an element of Rosudgeon thinking they would lose and so the players can't be bothered or what? It's not as if they're doing too bad in Trelawny Division One!

A bit surprising Dave because on their day Rosudgeon are a very good footballing team. To be fair, must have been one of those weeks as we were missing 7 too, so that phone call came in handy! And as people have already said,Rosudgeon are a good side and would of caused us problems full squad or not!

Mawnan 0-2 Mullion

Mawnan went into the game on the back of a decent couple of games and top of the premier division, but knew it would be a tough game against high flying Mullion of division 2.

Mawnan started brightly hitting the post and the bar in the first fifteen minutes. However, Mullion looked lively on the counter causing a few problems.

Just as the game was settling down it was delayed for 45 minutes due to a shoulder dislocation for dan Buckingham. Just as the game looked like being abandoned the paramedic arrived and the game could resume.

Tbe game wss fairly scrappy but Mawnan had some good chances midway through the second half but couldn't convert and Mullion made them pay with a free kick in off the bar with fifteen to play.

Mawnan piled forward but were again caught out for the second from long range. Mawnan couldn't find a way back and very disappointing to go out of the junior cup, but credit to Mullion who stuck to their game and took their chances when they came.

Hayle Reserves (div 1) 1 - 3 Frogpool

Goes to show that cup football is a great equaliser. just because a team is in the league above it doesn't mean they cant be beaten.

goals Martin jay 1

Mike Rollason 2

O/G from Chris Dobson an excellent looping knee clearance.

neil carter with three assists great performance.

I little one sided frogpool defence only limiting hayle to long range efforts and frogpool took there chance well.

ref made a few strange decisions but was not bad. linesman flaging for an offside from a throw in was comical but ref gave it for foul throw a little weird.

Well played Frogpool but dont get carried away by your win. This Hayle team were mid table in Division 3 last year so actually your result isnt that spectacular, in fact the Hayle side have done pretty well to get to round 3 in the first place. At 2:1 for a period Hayle may have forced an equaliser but got caught playing 3 in defence. What I saw of the game it was fairly even possession wise only thing was Frogpool a bit more experienced in one or two areas and took their chances.

St Stephen bt bude 5 or 6 nil, could of been more but 4 their keeper pulling off some great saves, the goals we scored he couldn't do much about tbh, all the best 2 bude 4 rest of the season

My mistake we won 7 nil, that's 14 goals without reply in our last 2 games, not bad considering our poor start.

Penryn 7-2 threemilestone

Can't complain with the score line, if anything it could have been more, having played in division 2 all of last season,I can tell you Its on par with the prem, other than Carrharrack we haven't played a side that comes near penryns ability. All over the pitch they dominated, Phil and Kempy gave us some stern words and made some subs which changed the momentum a little but we were still pretty crap, but organised crap. Good luck to penryn for the rest of the season.

Penryn 7-2 threemilestone

Can't complain with the score line, if anything it could have been more, having played in division 2 all of last season,I can tell you Its on par with the prem, other than Carrharrack we haven't played a side that comes near penryns ability. All over the pitch they dominated, Phil and Kempy gave us some stern words and made some subs which changed the momentum a little but we were still pretty crap, but organised crap. Good luck to penryn for the rest of the season.

Holmans 4 camborne park 2

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

A good battling display from park who had 5 out for one reason or another

Good luck to Holmans for the rest of the season and cup

Always excuses when park are beaten. :-)

When your 51 year old manager plays 90 minutes against a premier side think you know you had couple out, so shane think with your brain your cleverer than that surely!!! Myself, ben pearson and malcolm nicholls our first choice centre backs both unavailable also james findlay and young winger robbie price! Wasnt their myself as for mentioned but heard from both sets people from both clubs and was a very good well contested game and Holmans strong squad numbers paid dividens against a tiring park team with only 12 men before game and after joe day pulled hamstring 10 minutes in bare 11 and they battled and did the club proud :) best of luck to holmans will be tough for anyone in junior cup east or west

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Shane morgan, camborne athletic

CARHARRACK (1) 5 Davies 28, Rapsey 63, Stephens 72, Pisano 79, Daniel 90

TRISPEN (2) 2 Dodd 35, 41

Watched quite a few games this season over many different leagues and standards of football and I must say this is one of the best and enjoyable matches I've seen. Thought Trispen were outstanding for 70 minutes and should be very proud of a performance like that against a very talented footballing side. Centre back Elliott Dodd was superb and brother Lewis had two great finishes to put his team ahead at the break. Carharrack looked fit and dominated the last 20 minutes and were a pleasure to watch trying to play passing football on a heavy and cut up pitch. Difficult to pick a stand out player from so many good footballers but I thought Jake Shaw whipped in some lovely deliveries from the right and had a hand in 3 of the goals. Both teams came out of the game with lots of positives I would think, and the match was a credit to the Junior cup competition.

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

Always excuses when park are beaten. :-) And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Shane morgan, camborne athletic

No excuses .. 6 players out .. can name all if want ???

Holmans / Camborne Park

Not sure Ben Pearson is out or Keith Green according to them they have quit, And we did have a lot more players than them we had 13 to there 12. Personally thought Dave was ok at the back. Bloody nice guy & his good lady.

On a lighter note Park did perform very well first half but in the second half we should have scored quite a few more than the three. Keeper did very well as well.

Saltash 2-0 sticker not much between the two sides, Sticker trying to play football and Saltash using the long ball and pace on the break. both sides missing chances in the first half, 0-0 ht. Saltash scoring the two chances they had in the second half, with sticker coming close on a couple of occasions but failed to get the ball in the net. superior finishing won it in the end! well done Saltash, good luck for the next round.

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

Always excuses when park are beaten. :-)And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Shane morgan, camborne athletic No excuses .. 6 players out .. can name all if want ???

to be fair doesnt matter whos avl or not. who plays or doesnt. the club camborne park lost. i remember park vs clipper we started the game with 8 before all the park players surrounded the keeper demanding mike richards got set off after 15 mins wen park ws alrdy 5-0 up. u had a gd run accept that on the day u was out played.

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

Always excuses when park are beaten. :-) And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Shane morgan, camborne athletic No excuses .. 6 players out .. can name all if want

to be fair doesnt matter whos avl or not. who plays or doesnt. the club camborne park lost. i remember park vs clipper we started the game with 8 before all the park players surrounded the keeper demanding mike richards got set off after 15 mins wen park ws alrdy 5-0 up. u had a gd run accept that on the day u was out played.

It was only you couple weeks ago on another thread saying glad your game was off as your keeper was unavailable!!

.... It doesn't matter who's available or not? what a ridiculous comment when your 51 year old manager has to play the whole game and 3 of your back 4 who have started the last 9 games in a row, and was part of the best defence last season in whole of trelawny league football.

And you always comment about this moment between yourselves and camborne park game your like a stuck record talking about something that happened 3 years ago! Move on for god sake please, your player was sent off for deliberate hand ball and a penalty was given... the referee made his call now stop with this please move on.....

Park lost the game 4-2 and with what we had heard from holmans and camborne park views that it was a very evenly contested game between in my opinion one of favourites for promotion to combination league holmans and division 3 side camborne park, we led 2-1 for an hour and we tired and holmans a very strong quality squad finished strong and over 90 minutes deserved the win and their place in next round as said on previous posts.

Next time you come on this forum please think again before you post,,, worrying thing is your actually a football manager wow best of luck for your club for season

Holman's scorers

stocker

Cooper

hull 2

Parks scorers

Catterall

Norfolk

Always excuses when park are beaten. :-)And who do u play for mighty morgan 8

Shane morgan, camborne athleticNo excuses .. 6 players out .. can name all if wantto be fair doesnt matter whos avl or not. who plays or doesnt. the club camborne park lost. i remember park vs clipper we started the game with 8 before all the park players surrounded the keeper demanding mike richards got set off after 15 mins wen park ws alrdy 5-0 up. u had a gd run accept that on the day u was out played.

boo hoo u didnt have a full side. ur a club u love it wen ur winning but wen u loose its because of this or because of that. face it u was out played. the club camborne park lost. and yes ur a div 4 team with premier/combo standard players. well most of em. best defence in the whole league no disrespect to other teams in div 4 from last season but we played afew of them pre season and beat en aswell. mr high n mighty head up his own ass again. every time u loose its cause of sumit or other wen u only win by a couple goals u say u had an off day etc.

ha ha this is priceless!!!!

Do you guys not realise just how embarrassing this is for your clubs? Its honestly like watching a couple of kids argue over who's dads the hardest!!! surly you are both relatively close as in both are from clubs called camborne something! so why not just facebook each other or PM instead of this. these sort of repsonses just highlight the type of 'footballers' you are and what sort of people you are also, how your team has any respect for your opinions on a matchday is beyond me!

now a few people have highlighted this i hope you can see just how silly it is, and that maybe in the future you will think before you post on here, or, you could ignore it like you have done in the past and keep writting this rubbish which will be much to the delight of the forum members!

ha ha this is priceless!!!!

Do you guys not realise just how embarrassing this is for your clubs? Its honestly like watching a couple of kids argue over who's dads the hardest!!! surly you are both relatively close as in both are from clubs called camborne something! so why not just facebook each other or PM instead of this. these sort of repsonses just highlight the type of 'footballers' you are and what sort of people you are also, how your team has any respect for your opinions on a matchday is beyond me!

now a few people have highlighted this i hope you can see just how silly it is, and that maybe in the future you will think before you post on here, or, you could ignore it like you have done in the past and keep writting this rubbish which will be much to the delight of the forum members!

where as you pointers..... ur just an ass period its banter between the 2 clubs has always been there and will continue for a long time. but as babbo said it does make for some good laughs. dont like it read sumit else. barbie mags would suit you or my little pony.... girly stuff.