Cornwall Football Forum

Hungerford Town 2 Truro City 0

This is one game I am too wound up to comment on however I must post this.

******** APOLOGY ********

I would like to apologise to any of the Truro City faithful I may have offended tonight, never in all my years of watching football have I been so upset by the actions of a referee, I lost count of the number of times I was asked to leave, was it 4, 5 or maybe 6, eventually the referee listened when I confronted the Hungerford bench for leaving their technical area to intimidate the referees assistant, he lectured them about it but shortly after we heard the final whistle, too little too late.

Yes my language was bad and when reminded there were children present I pointed out the Hungerford players who had been doing so throughout the match in front of about 20 of their young supporters.

The referees assistants checked the goal nets before the beginning and again at half time for holes but NOT the height of the goals where the upright post located nearest the HOME DUGOUT was approx 6" higher than the one the other side. I pointed this out to the referees assistant officiating on the opposite side to the dugouts but was ignored.

The referees assessor will have hours of work in front of him to sort out this team of officials, the referee was about 40/50 yards behind play to miss one blatant penalty and how did the assistants miss so many obvious miscarriages of justice, to have one good penalty shout turned down is bad enough but THREE that's beyond a joke.

Still wound up, more so than some other have ever been icon_wink.gif so once again SORRY I LOST IT.

I post the following in defence that despite my previous posting, I was not completely in the wrong.

There was one particular incident in the second half when Isaac Vassell was clobbered, instantly Isaac hit the ground and laid on his back motionless on the ground, the referee should have immediately beckoned the Truro Physio onto the pitch but many vital seconds maybe a minute or so were lost, the manner the lad was stretched out was not natural for such an incident, he appeared to be unconscious, this happened right in front of the match assessor, I hope it appears in his report.

I know Management or Physios are not permitted to enter the pitch until authorised by the referee but I would urge anyone witnessing a similar incident to say to themselves sod it and rush to the players aid, vital lost seconds could in more serious instances be disastrous, thankfully Isaac recovered but there was no excuse for the referee not taking immediate action apart from once again being out of position away from the action.

The incident earned City a free kick but mysteriously no booking for the offending player. Yes I am still fuming, the health and safety of the player should always come first, Gary Parsons the referee was not competent enough to referee football at this level and should be removed from the referees list for this standard of football.

Not exactly the officials fault if the goals aren't the right size and the same for both sides anyway!

Dave,

It is the officials responsibility to see things are as they should be, there is a requirement for them to attend EARLY for match conditions, equipment etc to be assessed and acceptable for the match to take place. Same for both sides is a cop out used by those devoid of reasonable discussion.

It really is a pity that someone of Mountaineer's mature years should now appear to be behaving like the unsavoury brood of so cslled fans.

Long time no communication Mr Chairman, I hope you are well.

In reply to your post I can only say at my age I am pleased to have the passion to enjoy anything that MOVES.

I must admit less than two weeks ago I was in discussion on the forums with somersetspur about the same thing, then I was condemning what I was guilty of last night and somersetspur was council for the defence, just goes to show how much referees can be responsible for civil unrest. :D

Cornish Hoop,
I posted this on Tigertalk 7 hours before Truro played Hungerford.
icon_minipost_read.jpg Post subject: NO LONGER SOUTHERN SOFTIES. - MAYBE !!!.
The latest Non League fair play league shows the 10 teams with the worst fair play records come from teams playing in the South, however of the 10 teams with the best fair play record SEVEN of them come from the North.

I am not convinced football in the South is tougher or less sporting, I think the southern officials need coaching in man management.

Clubs should ensure their players know the rules. recently one of our opposing centre halves was screaming at the referee that one of our players was offside from a throw in, something our chants made him suffer about whilst teaching him that Law of Association Football.

Every week even in the Premiership we see brain dead players getting booked unnecessarily for bookable offences, they let the paying supporters down, at ALL levels players receiving such bookings deserve to be fined for their actions that deprives the supporter from seeing them play whilst they are suspended with time off for bad behaviour. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Cornish Hoop,

I posted the following on Tigertalk yesterday evening.

Who would have thought that 7 hours after posting this

"I am not convinced football in the South is tougher or less sporting, I think the southern officials need coaching in man management".

I would be witnessing what went on at Hungerford.

I have never been proven right so quickly before. icon_redface.gif

On another forum thread the question was asked "How far away are we" a reply came back

We will get into the play offs

------------------------------------

There are some who like a moan expecting 3 points a game but the rise up the Pyramid is immense, now you need the players and a lot of effort, as supporters we should be happy achieving what we have despite the travelling which is a killer. So I replied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's when other teams striving for promotion via the play offs sign players on short term contracts to hopefully achieve success, it is surprising how many players from clubs near the big cities become available, nearing the seasons end many like to put themselves in the shop window hoping someone comes in with a contract for the following season.

The play off situation looks fair but teams that splash the cash usually come out on top, I think that's why 5th placed teams often shock the 2nd placed club in gaining that promotion spot.

WE ARE ALL GUILTY OF CRITICISM EXPECTING TOO MUCH so I thought what has Truro City achieved and we are DOING GREAT.

In the top 10 levels of English football (Premiership down to SW Peninsula Premier League) there are approximately 5300 mens football teams of those TRURO CITY are currently achieving 172nd position.

Above Truro are the 92 Professional clubs from Premiership to Division 2 and 67 Conference clubs, that means from over 5000 non league football clubs Truro city are in the TOP EIGHTY (80).

Playing at that level our opponents are not mugs so tightening the defence and possibly holding on may be the best policy when for some of the players tiredness creeps in.

TRURO CITY ARE A TOP NON LEAGUE CLUB.