Cornwall Football Forum
cornishlegend

Sin bin confussion.

Played in a game saturday gine where the ref wanted to try the sin bin rule. 

This is going to cause alot of confussion through the season. He explained beforehand that if theres discent he will yellow card anyone and sin bin them for 10 mins then when they come back on the yellow card is clear amd theres no fine for it. Then it starts again. But surely it can only happen once to the same player before there is a further punishment??

But if a player is already on a yellow card for a different offence then gets pulled up for dissent shouldnt that be a 2nd yellow and sent off or a yellow and sin bin? 

Going to be alot of stop start games this year.

Anyone else played with this rule yet and had it used? 

Referees shouldn't be using this system yet. The FA have said we are not to use it until the first competitive games (league games of the new season). Neither referees or teams have yet received the necessary training, which is why this may have caused confusion for you.

When temporarily dismissed, there is no administration charge (fine). 

I'm getting people have a moan at me when I talk about the "Sin-Bin" on here; apparently stating facts and guidelines aren't what this forum is for. If you would like any information on the system, feel free to attend one of the meetings. I'm always happy to answer any questions also. You can reach me on davidrbartlam@googlemail.com.

If you are unable to attend any of the meetings, I am hoping to livestream one on Wednesday from The Trelawny League's Facebook page.

Our referee on Saturday had just been on the course and used it in the game. Only one person showed dissent and received a yellow and sin bin, he didn't want to keep his mouth shut so got the time put up to 20 mins. I believe this system will help the referees, but i am a bit concerned with how the refs will keep track of multiple, staggered sin bins. Our club officials are due to go on the training course shortly so hopefully it will become clearer.

10 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Played in a game saturday gine where the ref wanted to try the sin bin rule. 

This is going to cause alot of confussion through the season. He explained beforehand that if theres discent he will yellow card anyone and sin bin them for 10 mins then when they come back on the yellow card is clear amd theres no fine for it. Then it starts again. But surely it can only happen once to the same player before there is a further punishment??

But if a player is already on a yellow card for a different offence then gets pulled up for dissent shouldnt that be a 2nd yellow and sent off or a yellow and sin bin? 

Going to be alot of stop start games this year.

Anyone else played with this rule yet and had it used? 

Consider the sin bin different to a yellow card. 2 TDs for dissent will still result in a player being dismissed but after the 2nd 10 minutes he doesn't carry on, another player must replace him. 

Surely as it is a non-competitive games it's up to the two teams to agree the rules? More subs than normal is an example.

Is it not the same as the old pub scienario when it's old rules or new at the pool table!

45 minutes ago, zebedee said:

A point to note ....referees are NOT allowed to use this in friendly matches ....only league games when they start .

12 minutes ago, Tempo said:

You can't be serious 😂😂😂 referees aren't allowed to practice using this trial system before official league games, I've heard it all now. Who actually comes up with this nonsense? Sick of it.

You'll have to go to one of these meetings!!!!!!!!!! How dare you post something b_d wouldn't like!!!!!!!!! He runs Cornish football now if it's not his way it's the highway 🤔🤔🙄🙄