Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MOUNTAINEER

SIN BINS in the TRELAWNEY LEAGUE this season

FA confirm thirty two leagues to take part in sin-bin trial

The Football Association have announced that thirty two leagues from across the country will trial temporary dismissals during the coming season.

The 'Sin-Bin' system will be put into place in divisions below step seven of the National League system.

The FA confirmed that over 130 leagues had registered an interest in taking part in the pilot scheme.

From Step 7 of the National League system and below 130 grassroots leagues registered an interest in the pilot scheme and a mixture of male, female, adult, youth, Saturday and Sunday leagues across the country have been chosen to take part.

The International Football Association Board [IFAB] which gave National Associations the ability to implement sin bins at grassroots level and the Football Association have decided to focus on looking to discipline players to shows of dissent towards match officials.

Mark Ives, FA head of judicial services, said: “I am encouraged by the level of enthusiasm from County FA’s, leagues, clubs and referees and in their collective commitment to make a difference to our great game at a local level.

“I look forward to seeing a positive impact during the course of the season.”

A mixture of male, female, youth, adult and Saturday and Sunday leagues from across the country have been chosen to take part in the trial.

The leagues are:

• Anglian Combination League  
• Jersey Football Combination  
• Army Football League Massey 
• JJ Jones Builders Duchy League 
• Birmingham & District Football League 
• Liverpool County FA Premier League 
• Bolton, Bury & District Football League 
• Mid Sussex Football League 
• Chester & Wirral Football League 
• Mid Sussex Youth & Minor Football League 
• Cumberland County League 
• Midwest Counties Female 
• Devon and Exeter Football League 
• North Staffs Youth League 
• Dorset Premier League 
• Nottinghamshire Senior Football League 
• Durham County Women’s 
• Notts. Amateur Alliance 
• Evesham & District Sunday Football League
• Peterborough & District Football League 
• Gloucestershire County Women's League
• Potteries & District Sunday League 
• Gloucestershire Northern Senior League 
• Sevenoaks and District Football League 
• Hertfordshire Senior County League 
• Sheffield & District Junior Sunday League 
• Hitchin Sunday League
• Southern Amateur League 
• Surrey Primary Youth League 
• Trelawny League 
• Taunton & District Saturday League 
• Warrington Sunday Football League

At the time the trials were announced, John Topping - Durham County FA secretary -  commented "If selected by The FA we will be trialling in our selected DCFA leagues for under 14,15,16,18,23 and Women’s league next season.

"The sin bin is to be used only for dissent offence at present, and this will allow the referee to send a player to the sin bin to cool down (he or she cannot be replaced) for a time period.  If a player receives two sin bin offences in a game then he or she is dismissed as what happens now. This would also save the team having to pay a £10 administration fee and therefore help teams financially.

"(Step seven and below was chosen) Because some step seven leagues have other divisions within their structure that are not part of the National League System.

"There will obviously be some teething problems such as those involving referees knowing how long a player has been in the sin bin, but that is the reason for the pilot"

Now the leagues have been announced and key figures in and around the game will be intrigued to see how they function in a match situation.

Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily)

3 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

The sin bin is to be used only for dissent offence at present

Yeah. For this season only. Rest assured.

4 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

This will allow the referee to send a player to the sin bin to cool down (he or she cannot be replaced) for a time period.  If a player receives two sin bin offences in a game then he or she is dismissed as what happens now.

No that is not what has been happening up 'til now. Last season, two bookings and you were off. Now it's one booking and a sin bin and your'e off; hence doubling the money with more sendings off.

This would also save the team having to pay a £10 administration fee and therefore help teams financially.

The day the FA devises a plan to save clubs money instead of it going in to their bulging coffers, Pigs will fly!!!

(Step seven and below was chosen) Because some step seven leagues have other divisions within their structure that are not part of the National League System.

No. We were chosen because we are not as organized as the bigger leagues to contest this rule change. Furthermore, the way in which this information was (and still is) being drip fed to us is a bloody disgrace. Do you honestly believe a Corporation at large as the FA couldn't have had  this all sorted before the eleventh hour like this???

"There will obviously be some teething problems such as those involving referees knowing how long a player has been in the sin bin, but that is the reason for the pilot"

Nice try with the wording, but what you are really stating is that it's going to be much more work for the referee and you will obviously expect the club to do the time keeping as he has enough to do trying to get his head around this tripe!

5 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Key figures in and around the game will be intrigued to see how they function in a match situation.

I bet they will. They will only be watching while us poor buggers have to incorporate it. No worries for them though, I'm sure it'll be a money spinner.

"The Football Association LTD. Finding new ways to steal your money since they stole the game from the people".

Thanks for posting MOUNTAINEER.

15 hours ago, Graham Hart said:

1. Yeah. For this season only. Rest assured.

2. No that is not what has been happening up 'til now. Last season, two bookings and you were off. Now it's one booking and a sin bin and your'e off; hence doubling the money with more sendings off.

3. The day the FA devises a plan to save clubs money instead of it going in to their bulging coffers, Pigs will fly!!!

4. No. We were chosen because we are not as organized as the bigger leagues to contest this rule change. Furthermore, the way in which this information was (and still is) being drip fed to us is a bloody disgrace. Do you honestly believe a Corporation at large as the FA couldn't have had  this all sorted before the eleventh hour like this???

5. Nice try with the wording, but what you are really stating is that it's going to be much more work for the referee and you will obviously expect the club to do the time keeping as he has enough to do trying to get his head around this tripe!

6. I bet they will. They will only be watching while us poor buggers have to incorporate it. No worries for them though, I'm sure it'll be a money spinner.

7. "The Football Association LTD. Finding new ways to steal your money since they stole the game from the people".

Thanks for posting MOUNTAINEER.

Graham, I'm just going to correct you paragraph by paragraph if you don't mind.

1. The Laws of the Game allow the freedom of National FA's to decide what cautionable offences can be used, so long as there is consultation with IFAB, the lawmakers. The National FA's have seen dissent as the biggest issue at our level, which it is. 25% of the 165,000 cautions dished out by referees last season were for dissent alone. That's massive!!

2.  One booking and one sin bin, you are not off. You continue to play a part in the game. Also, the Cornwall FA will make absolutely no money from the players that get sin binned. Unlike a caution, there is no £10 administration fee with a temporary dismissal (TD). It is my understanding that the Cornwall FA made £5000 last season from dissent in our leagues... they are actually set to lose money. There is no administration charge for being issued a Temporary Dismissal or when dismissed due to two TD's.

3. Cornwall FA alone are losing over £5000 a season through this initiative. They are saving clubs and players money.

4. These are recent law changes which only came out last month. The National FA have actually acted rather fast considering their short timescale to get this out. They are doing all they can to get the message out; hence all the web-ex's and meetings which I have documented regularly on this forum, Twitter, Facebook and to every single Trelawny League club.

5. Less than 1% of those 165,000 cautions were caused by three dissent offences or more in one game. This isn't going to be difficult to manage. The referees are all receiving training. It has been made mandatory that they attend one of the meetings that are taking place. 

6. I reiterate my point... The FA make absolutely no money from this whatsoever, they lose money. 

7. 🙄🙄

May I suggest you come to one of our meetings so we can get the correct information across to you. Or, please feel free to private message me and I will get some of the handouts that I have sent ove to your. However, if you attend these meetings, there will be handouts given to you. 

All the necessary information about the scheme for the Trelawny League has been sent to every club secretary. It is up to them to disseminate this information throughout their club. If they do that and payers know what to expect, this will actually be a good thing. However, if the payers come into the game blind, not knowing what's going on, that's when things can get a bit tricky.

People need to stop being so sceptical and realise that dissent has been a massive problem for years, this is a way to curb it. Used properly, I believe it will achieve that.

Education is key.

5 minutes ago, B_D said:

1. The Laws of the Game allow the freedom of National FA's to decide what cautionable offences can be used, so long as there is consultation with IFAB, the lawmakers. The National FA's have seen dissent as the biggest issue at our level, which it is. 25% of the 165,000 cautions dished out by referees last season were for dissent alone. That's massive!!

2.  One booking and one sin bin, you are not off. You continue to play a part in the game. Also, the Cornwall FA will make absolutely no money from the players that get sin binned. Unlike a caution, there is no £10 administration fee with a temporary dismissal (TD). It is my understanding that the Cornwall FA made £5000 last season from dissent in our leagues... they are actually set to lose money. There is no administration charge for being issued a Temporary Dismissal or when dismissed due to two TD's.

3. They are losing over £5000 a season through this initiative. They are saving clubs and players money.

4. These are recent law changes which only came out last month. The National FA have actually acted rather fast considering their short timescale to get this out. They are doing all they can to get the message out; hence all the web-ex's and meetings which I have documented regularly on this forum, Twitter, Facebook and to every single Trelawny League club.

5. Less than 1% of those 165,000 cautions were caused by three dissent offences or more in one game. This isn't going to be difficult to manage. The referees are all receiving training. It has been made mandatory that they attend one of the meetings that are taking place. 

6. I reiterate my point... The FA make absolutely no money from this whatsoever, they lose money. 

7. 🙄🙄

Thanks for posting Graham. May I suggest you come to one of our meetings so we can get the correct information across to you. Or, please feel free to private message me and I will get some of the handouts that I have sent ove to your. However, if you attend these meetings, there will be handouts given to you. 

All the necessary information about the scheme for the Trelawny League has been sent to every club secretary. It is up to them to disseminate this information throughout their club. If they do that and payers know what to expect, this will actually be a good thing. However, if the payers come into the game blind, not knowing what's going on, that's when things can get a bit tricky.

People need to stop being so sceptical and realise that dissent has been a massive problem for years, this is a way to curb it. Used properly, I believe it will achieve that.

Education is key.

You do realise people are allowed to come on here and give there opinions? Without having to go to all these meetings you bang on about! I'm sure you think people should have to ask you before they post! 🤔 It's the whole point of a forum 

1 hour ago, ian beale said:

You do realise people are allowed to come on here and give there opinions? Without having to go to all these meetings you bang on about! I'm sure you think people should have to ask you before they post! 🤔 It's the whole point of a forum 

Please, ask my permission before you post!!

58 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Any chance of listing the other 75%?

I won't be able to now as the people I'd need to speak to aren't at work. I may be able to get that information though.

16 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

I'm sorry but I really don't see why players should be more chances. Players no the laws and if they are silly enough to overstep the mark they deserve the yellow or red card as appropriate. It seems to me that we are giving the players more chances to become abusive.

Not at all. Dissent and abuse are two completely separate offences which are dealt with using two different coloured cards. Don't make the mistake of confusing the two. :) 

So there is no confusion, I have NO input with the wording in the original posting apart from the wording of the threads title, all the remaining words are those of the Football Association copied and posted by "Non League Daily" on their website  linked by their regular email communication which is available to everyone. I posted because I thought it may interest some people. With the posting being from the Football Association the dissecting bit by bit and personal comment would be welcomed by the FA they are always open to feedback that is another reason they hold an annual Football Summit usually at the beginning of July, I attended at Wembley Stadium last year but being unwell I had to miss this years that was held at Burton on Trent. The summit is not only attended by Non League but the EFL, Championship and Premier League club representatives.

As I read the FA release it appears to be a watered down "Starting" point aimed towards respect for match officials, the game nationally is suffering through lack of recruits into the refereeing side of the game because of threats and abuse, I don't think it will carry fines initially and if there is seen to be improvement in behaviour just become an extra tool in the referees armour should things occasionally get out of hand.

17 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Will you be off to one of the forthcoming meetings Graham to put these comments to the FA in person?

Not a chance Dave - They can read them here for free. Time is man's most valuable asset and I value mine, so if they want me to do that, I charge £150 per hour for my services plus expenses ;-) Also, I don't need to go to a workshop for a refresher course in common sense and respect. I learnt that at Junior school and have used it ever since, but I don't suffer fools gladly. Therefore the Sin Bin is irrelevant to my players and me because they know I will not tolerate dissent to an official for good reason. Why risk turning the Referee against you? Why are you letting your team mates and the club down by leaving the field of play? And why would you want to give your hard earned beer money to the CCFA to buy their drinks? Let them buy their bleddy own. Personally, I've found my players knowing that, is enough to curb it.

As for this so-called trial, we and all junior football taking part have been absolutely 100 % stitched up!    As a prime example: When our President talked of the possibility of joining forces with the Combination League at our AGM, he offered the clubs the opportunity to enter into preliminary talks which would take place over the next two or three years, to which the clubs duly agreed upon. Excellent. We now have the necessary time to hear and process the information before making a decision that is best for the Trelawny League.                                                                                                                                       On the other hand, in mid May of this year, clubs were notified with the barest of info, of it being trialed, wanted feedback and that was it. Nothing. Zilch, except a bit of rumour. Then, the FA in their infinite wisdom, wait until all the leagues have had their AGM's and then throw it at us in the close season! Had these professional corporate parasites acted in a way such as our own Officers did above, we wouldn't find ourselves in this farce of a situation. Be sure.They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, because when it's all settled in a couple of seasons they WILL be making more money if not this year and they're quite happy to play the long game. After all, business is business.

16 hours ago, B_D said:

Not a problem B_D :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, B_D said:

The Laws of the Game allow the freedom of National FA's to decide what cautionable offences can be used, so long as there is consultation with IFAB,

Who the hell are IFAB? Another organisation of "Thieves in Suits" who will need financing I presume. I see they are Lawmakers. We've already got laws thanks, so bugger off.

Thank you for correcting me on the finer points B_D.  The rest of your post I think I've covered.

7 hours ago, Graham Hart said:

Not a chance Dave - They can read them here for free. Time is man's most valuable asset and I value mine, so if they want me to do that, I charge £150 per hour for my services plus expenses ;-) Also, I don't need to go to a workshop for a refresher course in common sense and respect. I learnt that at Junior school and have used it ever since, but I don't suffer fools gladly. Therefore the Sin Bin is irrelevant to my players and me because they know I will not tolerate dissent to an official for good reason. Why risk turning the Referee against you? Why are you letting your team mates and the club down by leaving the field of play? And why would you want to give your hard earned beer money to the CCFA to buy their drinks? Let them buy their bleddy own. Personally, I've found my players knowing that, is enough to curb it.

As for this so-called trial, we and all junior football taking part have been absolutely 100 % stitched up!    As a prime example: When our President talked of the possibility of joining forces with the Combination League at our AGM, he offered the clubs the opportunity to enter into preliminary talks which would take place over the next two or three years, to which the clubs duly agreed upon. Excellent. We now have the necessary time to hear and process the information before making a decision that is best for the Trelawny League.                                                                                                                                       On the other hand, in mid May of this year, clubs were notified with the barest of info, of it being trialed, wanted feedback and that was it. Nothing. Zilch, except a bit of rumour. Then, the FA in their infinite wisdom, wait until all the leagues have had their AGM's and then throw it at us in the close season! Had these professional corporate parasites acted in a way such as our own Officers did above, we wouldn't find ourselves in this farce of a situation. Be sure.They knew EXACTLY what they were doing, because when it's all settled in a couple of seasons they WILL be making more money if not this year and they're quite happy to play the long game. After all, business is business.

Not a problem B_D :thumbsup:

Who the hell are IFAB? Another organisation of "Thieves in Suits" who will need financing I presume. I see they are Lawmakers. We've already got laws thanks, so bugger off.

Thank you for correcting me on the finer points B_D.  The rest of your post I think I've covered.

Please don't think I was being funny with you - It is just important that with a trial like this where we have very little time to prepare and limited resources and ways to get the information out to the clubs - it's important that people learn the facts and not make judgements based on people's opinions. :) 

29 minutes ago, B_D said:

Please don't think I was being funny with you - It is just important that with a trial like this where we have very little time to prepare and limited resources and ways to get the information out to the clubs - it's important that people learn the facts and not make judgements based on people's opinions. :) 

This should of been implemented a few seasons ago and brought in gently then . Not rushed and now everyone is totally confused as to what the hell is going to happen from refs to players to managers even the clubs who are fortunate to have a tea lady doesn't know whether to keep a brew for the entire first half or wait till ht . I've said this before & I will say it again leave the game alone. As stated above by wedding players know the deal on the pitch bad tackle or gobbling etc expect a card of some kind job done.   Also BD can't wait for your first book release cos you sure write some !!! 

39 minutes ago, B_D said:

where we have very little time to prepare

Even a league official suggested to me yesterday that it's a pity it couldn't have been put back a season because it's all a bit of a rush!

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Even a league official suggested to me yesterday that it's a pity it couldn't have been put back a season because it's all a bit of a rush!

It's been thrown in too quickly, I agree with your league official. Unfortunately we have to go with it though and work with everyone to try and get all the information across as quickly and accurately as we can, hence why it's important that the inaccuracies are quashed with the facts :) I am intrigued to see what happens next season

@MARKSY I've started writing one today as it were. I'll save you a signed hardback copy. I know you're my biggest fan ❤️

8 hours ago, Graham Hart said:

Who the hell are IFAB? Another organisation of "Thieves in Suits" who will need financing I presume. I see they are Lawmakers. We've already got laws thanks, so bugger off

Do you think all the Laws of Association Football are perfect? If not, we need a body to propose and ratify changes to them, whether that is on a trial basis or a permanent one.

The IFAB is made up of four representatives from FIFA, and one each from England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

I wish I never renewed to be a referee this season. Do the FA offer a refund. What ever happened to common sense. We don't have the luxury of linesmen or forth officials to help track time when a player is sinned binned. I only ref on a Saturday for others to enjoy their football so I am really not bothered I'd I continue or not. If the enjoy new goes so do i

Enjoyment goes even

6 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Do you think all the Laws of Association Football are perfect? 

Yes I do. Confusion comes from the constant tinkering by the FA (now ably assisted by a new group of faceless idiots namely IFAB). If things can be improved, let it be the clubs and players propose it, (because we know best) and not by financial money grabbing quangos. 

7 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Do you think all the Laws of Association Football are perfect? If not, we need a body to propose and ratify changes to them, whether that is on a trial basis or a permanent one.

The IFAB is made up of four representatives from FIFA, and one each from England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

1 hour ago, Graham Hart said:

Yes I do. Confusion comes from the constant tinkering by the FA (now ably assisted by a new group of faceless idiots namely IFAB). If things can be improved, let it be the clubs and players propose it, (because we know best) and not by financial money grabbing quangos. 

I think you have this the wrong way round Graham.  IFAB (formed 1886) writes the Laws and the FA can't tinker with them without their approval.

It's abundantly clear that you're not a fan of this trial but i's happening so all we can all do is approach it in the right manner and with an open mind.  Anybody who thinks that the current level of dissent (24% of all cations) is acceptable needs to take a hard look in the mirror.  I'm sure that the overwhelming majority would agree that that level is far from acceptable so it's then a matter of what can be done to reduce it.  This is how trials like this come about.  And they don't come about through some random process.  To quote from IFAB's own web site 'We regularly consult with football associations, leagues and competitions to survey their needs and gather new proposals to improve the Laws of the Game. The proposals are thoroughly discussed with different expert teams within The IFAB.'  So there is a clear route for law change proposals to be submitted - League FA Rep to County, County to the FA and FA to IFAB; no doubt with consultations and wider discussions at each level.

For me the interesting bit was that IFAB were happy for the FA to trial this for all cautionable offences at Step 1 and below (the FA chose to only go for dissent at Step 7 and below) and that seems to indicate a thought process along the lines of the punishment being served at the time of the offence.  We can only wait and see how that develops, or not.

5 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

Still can't see what's wrong with the yellow or red card

That's your opinion which you are more than entitled to.

Let's have a look at the facts for a moment though;

The current system of yellow cards for dissent has been In force for god knows how many years and it hasn't worked. 24% of all cautions!!!

Lets put it into perspective.... these stats are from the 2015/16 season which were the most current at the time that the FA was considering this trial. The cautionable offences in 15/16 were:

• unsporting behaviour
  1. commits a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack
  2. holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball

3. handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

4. handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or not the attempt is successful).

5. attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation)

6. changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s permission

7. acts in a manner which shows a lack of respect for the game

8. plays the ball when he is walking off the eld of play after being granted permission to leave the eld of play

9. verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart

10. makes unauthorised marks on the eld of play

11. uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law, irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or not. The offence is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent both the letter and the spirit of Law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect free kick

12. uses a deliberate trick to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper to circumvent the Law while he is taking a free kick (after the player is cautioned, the free kick must be retaken)

13. commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct free kick

14. Dissent by word or action

• persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game

• delaying the restart of play

• failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in

• entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee’s permission

• deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission 

20 cautionable offences... From all of those, approximately 41,250 cautions were awarded for dissent alone. That's approximately 41,250 from 165,000!!! 

So, something obviously isn't working. Something needs to be changed.

You get a caution in a match for dissent. There's no deterrent. £10 admin fee on a Tuesday. So what? It's £10! Many wouldn't notice that coming out of the bank. It doesn't have an impact on the game.

Do it this season, you leave your team in the lurch. You will award the opposition with a numerical advantage which they could easily use and score from, potentially putting the game out of reach for your team. What would I rather - a mere £10 fine or letting my teammates down and losing the game because of my mouth? You can have my £10 all day long!!!

Once a team loses a game because one more of their players have been dismissed temporarily, they will learn the hard way. I find it very hard to imagine that a team or a manager would support that person when they have just cost them the game. There's your deterrent right there. A £10 charge is not a deterrent.

As a referee, I would have thought you'd have supported this considering that the decision to use temporary dismissals is to protect the referees! 

I am sorry if this is going to happen then it should come from the top league Premiership. Everyone see what is said to the referee on match of the day and sky sports which to be honest I am amazed that the referees done deal with it. So what if they get 9v9 game  it won't be long before they understand and that's where the problems are. Not dealt with at the top league. As a referee I tell both captains I do not tolerate dissent and straight from the start I go straight to my pocket and deal with it, the second time he says anything he's gone. I don't understand how a league so low in comparison to the premiership is supposed to show the FA it works. Players in Trelawney league see the tv and see players get away it they will just give refs more grief. I am still seed but as I said in previous post I am going to see if I can de register 

I agree with you there, it should be seen in action at the top. But that's out of our control. As referees, we have to adhere to the law book and by competition rules, whether we like it or not. As players, we have to abide by those laws or we face the consequences. 

You're the same as me. 79% of my cautions last season and the previous season (oct-may) were all for dissent. I'm another that deals with it.

I think ceasing your registration is a little bit rash though. I know you have a potential role coming up with a football club but to de-register seems a bit over the top. It would also be a massive shame. Just see how it goes. Come to one of our meetings and have a listen. I'm sure there will be many people there expressing the exact same opinion as you and others have.

All I'm trying to do as a referee and a member of the Cornwall FA Working Group is  put across the facts. It's important that the facts are what are listened to, not the inaccurate speculation. 

Come to the meeting, have a listen and see if your mind changes.

This is what I don't understand and correct me if I'm wrong. A players gets booked for a foul after say 20 minutes. 10 minutes later he shows you dissent another yellow and then the red. That punishes his team as they have to play 60 minutes with 10 and then a suspension. The new proposed way as I see it yellow for a foul then sin bin for dissent so his team only lose 10 minutes. Easy option for more dissent as I see it

We have enough to deal with on a Saturday without extras. I said in a earlier post that I only ref so players get a game and to be totally honest I am really enjoying the break with no real desire to go back

You're correct.

If a player gets booked for a foul tackle, that is a caution.

If a player gets booked for dissent after, that is a cautionable offence but it isn't a caution (that's how I think of it). It is dealt with by a temporary dismissal. The player  will then miss out on ten minutes of the game before returning.

When you put it like that, I see exactly what you are saying. I can see why you and many others are sceptical. But you have to bare in mind that this is a trial. It will need everyone's feedback to be fed through the appropriate channels for the County FA's to look at and pass on to the National FA. Then they will pass on recommendations to IFAB.

It will take time. I can't counter-act your example because you are right. But then, you have to follow the law book and report it accordingly and let the authorities deal with it. You have to bare in mind also that these temporary dismissals will have a financial effect on the club when looking at the Respect/Fair Play table.

How I see it is that it's not the game that's broken so why try and fix it, it is a social problem people/players these days do not like authority this is why the respect campaign is a total waste of time, this even goes right into the schools, I have known experienced teachers who all have the same problems and cannot wait to get out of teaching.

What a shot in the arm this is for the Trelawney League, recognition from the FA, I wouldn't be surprised if most members even thought the FA were aware they existed.

Many involved at grass root level complain they continually get ignored, it has to be good to know their prayers could now  be getting some answers.

The manner the FA are approaching this matter is sensible spreading the net far and wide because the way officials  and players are treated varies country wide.

Just a thought - Will the FA be supplying the SIN BINS - delivered by courier?

Another stat... 165,000 cautions in 15/16... in less than 1% of those games were there three or more yellow cards in one game for dissent. 🙂 

Can you tell I've researched this all? 😂

One can only hope Marksy.

Would you rather me say nothing and let everyone become misinformed in the meantime? I've stated nothing but facts on this thread - I'm sorry that bothers you.

That said, I am thinking of having "An Audience With B_D". Want a front row seat?

Did anyone ask referees for their opinion  on this?? I don't mean one or two refs I mean all refs. After all it's them who will be enforcing it, them who will need a few more watch's so they can track how long players are Rob bined for, them who will get are ache if they go one minute over the 10. Not many refs I know seem to be a fan of this. 

You say that referees have to follow this new law. 

How about the referees at the moment that don't punish a bad tackle in the first 5 mins of a game because "it's early". Or the inconsistency of officials booking/sending off players for foul and abusive language? Who's doing it right?

the new law is one again open to interpretation and what the referee tolerates!!

8 hours ago, B_D said:

One can only hope Marksy.

Would you rather me say nothing and let everyone become misinformed in the meantime? I've stated nothing but facts on this thread - I'm sorry that bothers you.

That said, I am thinking of having "An Audience With B_D". Want a front row seat?

I would rather you said nothing. 

And no I don't need a front row seat. 👍

I might pm you with my mothers phone number the old witch can talk for England you two would be perfect 😂