Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
footballlegend7

Pulling out?

Probably because they paid their entry fee and were in attendance at the AGM !

At this moment in time no one from the club has informed the Trelawny League committee that anything has changed , so as far as we are concerned they are still running .

If that has changed until we are told what can we do about it ??? 

Always our fault !!!!!!! 

9 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

A space opened up for TMS reserves maybe? 😀

Don't suppose Tms have room for pre season game? We need to fill the 5th or 12th of august 

27 minutes ago, Marazionskip said:

Can confirm Marazion have folded. The new manager pulled out last min and has gone to manage Hayle 3rd's. Also heard Mousehole have approached Marazion about using the pitch for the coming season. 

where have all the players gone? very strong side the past couple seasons 

10 minutes ago, golong said:

where have all the players gone? very strong side the past couple seasons 

Think 4/5 have gone pendeen i have 2 at exiles and the rest to hayle so iv been told. 

3 hours ago, Marazionskip said:

Can confirm Marazion have folded. The new manager pulled out last min and has gone to manage Hayle 3rd's. Also heard Mousehole have approached Marazion about using the pitch for the coming season. 

Is anyone going to confirm this with the league?!? We've not heard anything.

I contacted the Marazion Secretary last week offering my support after reading a post on the forum; I've heard nothing since. So I should imagine they are still fighting to keep the club going. 

We are aware that there are problems but unless the appropriate action is taken as per the league rules, Marazion are still very much a Trelawny League club. I for one hope they manage to get back on track; although I appreciate that in certain circumstances, it can be rather difficult.

All players have left.. justin is spot on with the lads leaving. Myself and the former manager have gone to Hayle, 2 at exiles and 5 at pendeen. Think some have also gone to Mousehole. Marazion will definately not be in trelawny 1 this season unless someone takes over and brings in a new squad. I'll get in touch with the secretary about contacting the relevant people about pulling the side out of the league. 

I can now confirm (officially) that Marazion Blues have folded from the Trelawny League with immediate effect.

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

What support could you offer

Mainly, guidance. Much better than nothing at all, I'm sure you'd agree.

2 hours ago, Marazionskip said:

All players have left.. justin is spot on with the lads leaving. Myself and the former manager have gone to Hayle, 2 at exiles and 5 at pendeen. Think some have also gone to Mousehole. Marazion will definately not be in trelawny 1 this season unless someone takes over and brings in a new squad. I'll get in touch with the secretary about contacting the relevant people about pulling the side out of the league. 

Why did they all leave? As skipper, did you try and get them to stay or were you one of the first to jump ship? There were a few cracks appearing towards the end of last season but I didn't expect Marazion to fold. The club have been going for years! They've been successful for years; maybe not in the sense of winning trophy after trophy, but the games I played against you and the games I've watched, and observing the recent league tables, you've always given a very good account of yourselves.

I've played for a few clubs in my time but I've never seen so many mass-exoduses as I have seen in recent seasons!

33 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Also been confirmed that MOUSEHOLE 3rds will play home games on Marazion pitch for 2017-18 season ! 

At least it's good to hear that the pitch will be used. But have to express same thoughts as B_D : what's happened to all the players? Surely some came from the local Marazion area and didn't want to travel?

15 hours ago, B_D said:

Why did they all leave? As skipper, did you try and get them to stay or were you one of the first to jump ship? There were a few cracks appearing towards the end of last season but I didn't expect Marazion to fold. The club have been going for years! They've been successful for years; maybe not in the sense of winning trophy after trophy, but the games I played against you and the games I've watched, and observing the recent league tables, you've always given a very good account of yourselves.

I've played for a few clubs in my time but I've never seen so many mass-exoduses as I have seen in recent 

The new manager pulled out last week and has instead gone to manage Hayle 3rd's. I didn't want the club to fold and unfortunately due to no interest and lack of players there was no other option. Hopefully Marazion can come back again next season.. I for one will be up for going back if a new manager does come in and bring players with him. 

13 minutes ago, Marazionskip said:

The new manager pulled out last week and has instead gone to manage Hayle 3rd's. I didn't want the club to fold and unfortunately due to no interest and lack of players there was no other option. Hopefully Marazion can come back again next season.. I for one will be up for going back if a new manager does come in and bring players with him. 

Where have you decided to play for the coming season?

10 minutes ago, Manager. said:

Can't wait to start the season. Very hopeful that mawnan will turn a few heads in div 1 this season!! 

They've been very strong in recent seasons 👌🏼

6 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Didn't Marazion benefit though a few years ago from players joining them from Hayle?

Correct Dave , the manager has played for Hayle , pictures in the bar , managed Hayle previously  , and lives  not far from the ground  ,  and has served  the club well over many years  , so not his fault  ,  if you look back to last season towards the end they were struggling to put a team out even with the chance of promotion .Great shame for all involved behind the scenes and another established club  having to knock it on the head , have great memories playing against them in the old West Penwith league , including getting an electric shock from the showers , good club house  always friendly welcome. , I am afraid more clubs will be in the same position before the end of the season , perhaps some teams might have to merge to continue playing football , difficult times ahead , even Penryn have had to pull aside from the SWPL .

The effects that this withdrawal has on the League:

Marazion Blues have withdrawn from Trelawny League Division 1 with immediate effect.

Due to the withdrawal prior to the season start, no league results have been affected. 

Halsetown will receive a BYE into the 2nd round of the Percy Stephens Cup.

Threemilestone will receive a BYE into the Quarter Final of the League Cup. 

Division 1 will now be made up of 13 teams.

As a result of this withdrawal and in line with Trelawny League 12b(ii), only one team will be relegated from Division One at the end of the season. 

On 16/07/2017 at 09:09, #sausagefingers said:

It's a shame with over a month away until the season starts there can't be a little reshuffle..promote a div 2 side to fill the marazion gap. and a div 3 side to div 2 then add Tms reserve's every league would have 14...but then more sides will probably pull out by time season starts 🙄🙄

they wouldn't though.

prem - 14

div1 - 14(now 13)

div 2 - 14

div 3 - 15

div 4 - 13

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

but then more sides will probably pull out by time season starts

There obviously has to be a date decided upon and that happens to be the AGM - just unfortunate clubs pull out after this.

On 16/07/2017 at 11:34, zebedee said:

Unfortunately we cannot make changes after the AGM and the Divisions have been formulated .

All very easy to in the mind ! 

However, clubs are free to "make changes" after the AGM, i.e. Pull out. So why can't the league call an extraordinary meeting, special circumstances and all that, and even the leagues up?