Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rayvon

TRURO CITY v FALMOUTH TOWN

For only a Fiver you can come along to Treyew Road on Saturday and watch the two most famous clubs in Cornwall battle it out in a competitive cup game. If you are lucky enough to be under 18 you can get in for free. Kick off 3pm. :yahoo:

6 hours ago, Rayvon said:

For only a Fiver you can come along to Treyew Road on Saturday and watch the two most famous clubs in Cornwall battle it out in a competitive cup game. If you are lucky enough to be under 18 you can get in for free. Kick off 3pm. :yahoo:

There's only one famous club in Cornwall - that's Falmouth.

Truro have notoriety - not fame (!)

And your playing Penryn really :yahoo:

Sounds like you got a bit of history as well Older, tell us more boy. Anyway back to the the topic. The history I was refering to are South Western League titles Senior Cup wins League Cup wins Charity Cup wins Combination League titles etc etc. The only thing Falmouth Town have had over us is reaching the First Round of the FA Cup which was a fine achievement but they have never got further than the Western League. Would I swap reaching the first round of the FA cup for winning at Wembley, I don't think you need me to answer that question. Best of luck from me for the coming season.:smiley20:

54 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Sounds like you got a bit of history as well Older, tell us more boy. Anyway back to the the topic. The history I was refering to are South Western League titles Senior Cup wins League Cup wins Charity Cup wins Combination League titles etc etc. The only thing Falmouth Town have had over us is reaching the First Round of the FA Cup which was a fine achievement but they have never got further than the Western League. Would I swap reaching the first round of the FA cup for winning at Wembley, I don't think you need me to answer that question. Best of luck from me for the coming season.:smiley20:

Oh Dear - Rayvon is having another Orgasm dreaming of yesteryear. - Now in the real world things are different.:yahoo:

3 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Truro only have 5 SWL title wins although Cornwall Senior Cup is a little different

4 hours ago, Rayvon said:

No doubt TCFC have done well to do what they have done, but .....it's the way they did it that bugs many I know.

Falmouth to my generation will always be the kings of Cornwall.

May be if Truro cleaned up their act, and behaved with a bit of humility ....they may get a few more on board.

For me, I'll stay where I am and own the land.

3 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No doubt TCFC have done well to do what they have done, but .....it's the way they did it that bugs many I know.

Falmouth to my generation will always be the kings of Cornwall.

May be if Truro cleaned up their act, and behaved with a bit of humility ....they may get a few more on board.

For me, I'll stay where I am and own the land.

Are you off your head? 

Trying to claim that Falmouth are the kings of Cornwall, despite being several leagues below Truro and have got no where near an FA Vase final, let alone win it.

So deluded its embarrassing 

29 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Are you off your head? 

Trying to claim that Falmouth are the kings of Cornwall, despite being several leagues below Truro and have got no where near an FA Vase final, let alone win it.

So deluded its embarrassing 

Read it again and try to understand it this time.:SM_carton:

The trouble is with most of us nowadays we all think in the past. Things were better better years ago etc. It might have been but now is now. If higher is better than Truro must edge it. Yes I can remember when Falmouth was the team 2 beat. Live for the future not the past.

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

In my opinion Falmouth are still the biggest club in Cornwall. 

In what circumstances would you change your opinion? What would another club have to do to become the biggest club?

On 13/07/2017 at 14:23, Rayvon said:

And if your unlucky enough to be over 18, how much will an adult and concessions cost? 🤔

23 hours ago, paul pearce said:

The trouble is with most of us nowadays we all think in the past. Things were better better years ago etc. It might have been but now is now. If higher is better than Truro must edge it. Yes I can remember when Falmouth was the team 2 beat. Live for the future not the past.

That all depends on how much (years) future you have...lol

Just look at my name :c:

On 14/07/2017 at 16:44, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Read it again and try to understand it this time.:SM_carton:

Well regardless of how Truro got to the top you can't really knock them. Nice of the "biggest club in Cornwall" to churn out a good result today, the side looks mid west division at best

20 hours ago, SCFC said:

Well regardless of how Truro got to the top you can't really knock them. Nice of the "biggest club in Cornwall" to churn out a good result today, the side looks mid west division at best

Match report please SCFC !