Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leedsunited

Bodmin 2-2 Truro City

Well oiled performance tonight from Bodmin, with the spoils shared against a much higher league status ( 5 leagues?) superstar studded Truro City team at Priory Park this evening. A lot better performance tonight than our very average display we put on last week against Porthleven, competing admirably against Cornwall's highest ranked football team. Thanks to Truro City & good luck for your season ahead.

10 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Well oiled performance tonight from Bodmin, with the spoils shared against a much higher league status ( 5 leagues?) superstar studded Truro City team at Priory Park this evening. A lot better performance tonight than our very average display we put on last week against Porthleven, competing admirably against Cornwall's highest ranked football team. Thanks to Truro City & good luck for your season ahead.

Thought Bodmin looked strong another impressive rebuild job done yet again by Mr. Gilbert. Looked stronger and better balanced than last season . 

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Really? 

Well Dave, surely if they play/compete in a league 5 leagues above what we do you would say they are far better/fitter players than what we have in the SWPL. Yetton played he scored a hatful of goals in his career, in a lot better standard of football than SWPL. 

6 hours ago, beacon said:

Thought Bodmin looked strong another impressive rebuild job done yet again by Mr. Gilbert. Looked stronger and better balanced than last season . 

Well said Beacon, Gilby always takes on the challenge, many managers have 'walked away' from their respective clubs over the last few years gave the old Work/Family commitment 'excuse' when their clubs have lost a few players or started to run out of bunce ... easy to throw in the towel, but Gilby just keeps on going :thumbsup:

5 leagues above maybe, but on Truro performance last night they are in for another struggle. They in my opinion didn't deserve a draw. Out played most of match, a team with a better forward line would have won by a mile Bodmin will hold their own but needs another attacker 

2 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Does anyone know the attendance last night? I was going to watch but to be honest I thought paying £8 for a preseason friendly at this standard was over the top. 

wow Bob, i couldnt agree more. Should we actually be paying for pre season friendlies? sounds ridiculous

I didn't mean to distract from a good performance by Bodmin, and am always 'happy' to pay every week to watch SWPL games - but - £8 for a 'leg stretcher between mates', compared to £10 for a whole days entertainment with band / kids entertainment and watch a FL team at Parkway seems too much. I appreciate clubs wanting to raise some funds, but pricing it too high keeps spectators away - lets be honest, according to Leeds, Bodmin don't need to raise too much money preseason anyway as they hardly pay anything for their players. 

14 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Time to try your strengths at a higher level Leeds just to see how good you really are. Big fish and little ponds spring to mind again. Best wishes and all the best for the coming season.

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

Time to try your strengths at a higher level Leeds just to see how good you really are. Big fish and little ponds spring to mind again.

couldnt agree more! 

On 13/07/2017 at 11:06, paul pearce said:

Wait till next week. £12 and £8. I won't be paying that

£10 & £7 I saw on poster in town advertising the game 

I do feel Bodmin were being a bit greedy charging people £8 to get in to this game. However, you can't blame them as you've got to look at every opportunity of making money and make the most of it. Especially teams at their level. On to the game, it wasn't a great one to be honest. Neither team really deserved to win, Truro certainly didn't. Only managed to get a late goal through Marcello Jones who looked a decent young player. A number of players impressed on trial also for Truro.