Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

I have now had enough of Dave Deacons interference on this site.  SO I WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANY ITEMS ABOUT THE ECPL unless this man comes on here and apologizes.  WE DO NOT LIVE IN A COMMUNIST STATE.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For goodness sake what have I done wrong now? I purely put a lock on the thread where you and St John are having a go at each other (which is nothing new) and I get blamed for that.

I would imagine, if we were living in a communist state, that someone would have put an end a long time ago to the constant aggression shown by you towards anyone that posts something possibly detrimental about the East Cornwall Premier! :c:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ECPL said:

I have now had enough of Dave Deacons interference on this site.  SO I WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANY ITEMS ABOUT THE ECPL unless this man comes on here and apologizes.  WE DO NOT LIVE IN A COMMUNIST STATE.  

Thank god for that 🙏👏😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ECPL said:

I have now had enough of Dave Deacons interference on this site.  SO I WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANY ITEMS ABOUT THE ECPL unless this man comes on here and apologizes.  WE DO NOT LIVE IN A COMMUNIST STATE.  

:yahoo: Hooray!:yahoo: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2017 at 17:15, ECPL said:

I have now had enough of Dave Deacons interference on this site.  SO I WILL NO LONGER BE POSTING ANY ITEMS ABOUT THE ECPL unless this man comes on here and apologizes.  WE DO NOT LIVE IN A COMMUNIST STATE.  

Hey ECLP ....Dave is a moderator, he has a perfect right to police the forum ...it is in his remit.

Without moderation it would become all out war, and that would drive members away.

After all, he has only stepped in to stop a fisticuffs (handbag) form happening.

I think perhaps an apology from yourself over your over reaction would be more welcoming.

Image result for winking emoji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Hey ECLP ....Dave is a moderator, he has a perfect right to police the forum ...it is in his remit.

Without moderation it would become all out war, and that would drive members away.

After all, he has only stepped in to stop a fisticuffs (handbag) form happening.

I think perhaps an apology from yourself over your over reaction would be more welcoming.

Image result for winking emoji

The older you get the wiser you get :smiley20:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I would come on for the last time as a contributor, although I will continue to produce fixtures and results for those who wish to keep up to date with the ECPL.

What I would like to say is this. I have been a regular contributor in this forum for some considerable time. During this time I have come across a number of people who do not wish to converse in sensible discussions. I have often questioned these people who seem to think that taking the P*** is worthy of discussion. Unfortunately they are only worthy of contempt. I have gone back over a number of cases where their answer to a serious question is responded to through infantile comments. Some may say that I have over reacted. Sorry but you are totally wrong. I have tried to be constructive but I will never allow anyone to get away with ridiculous infantile comments.

If that is what you want on this site then that is fine by me. I will not be involved again. It is a site for valid constructive discussion. Unfortunately some people think that it is some sort of childish play thing and cannot stand somebody having a different point of view to theirs, especially when they hode behind a fictitious name. Everyone knows who I am. Again, no problem. Enjoy your plaything as I look on in amusement.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ECPL said:

I thought I would come on for the last time as a contributor, although I will continue to produce fixtures and results for those who wish to keep up to date with the ECPL.

What I would like to say is this. I have been a regular contributor in this forum for some considerable time. During this time I have come across a number of people who do not wish to converse in sensible discussions. I have often questioned these people who seem to think that taking the P*** is worthy of discussion. Unfortunately they are only worthy of contempt. I have gone back over a number of cases where their answer to a serious question is responded to through infantile comments. Some may say that I have over reacted. Sorry but you are totally wrong. I have tried to be constructive but I will never allow anyone to get away with ridiculous infantile comments.

If that is what you want on this site then that is fine by me. I will not be involved again. It is a site for valid constructive discussion. Unfortunately some people think that it is some sort of childish play thing and cannot stand somebody having a different point of view to theirs, especially when they hode behind a fictitious name. Everyone knows who I am. Again, no problem. Enjoy your plaything as I look on in amusement.

 

I don't know who you are, nor most of the others on here .....matter do it (?) - NO.

Glad we can keep you amused, your last post was most amusing to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ECPL said:

Everyone knows who I am. Again, no problem. Enjoy your plaything as I look on in amusement.

 

I certainly don't know who you are, yet you are hiding behind a ficticious name, and it has always been you who have massively over-reacted every time that something is sad that does not meet your agenda. Revert back to one division - you call it a stupid idea. Reduce the number of Devon teams, you seem to want the East Cornwall League to be a Plymouth based league. I don't think this forum will be a worse place for your absence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you run a business or an organisation you strive to make that entity the best that it can be. Was it just a coincidence that long standing sponsors withdrew during the first season of no shows and the resultant bad press?.All very well blaming the current can't be arsed generation. The no show virus has gone long enough. Good business acumen should head this off by positive action. Reduce the number of teams and make it more prestigious to enter the league. Promotion and Relegation should obviously continue to the Duchy League. There are some great clubs and set-ups in the ECPL. Unfortunately, the league's reputation has been tarnished by being over-stretched in the current day and age. The Combo is great and is the nearest direct comparison for good practice at the same level of football. 

Can't really explain my views better than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all started because of a team pulling out of the ECPL before the season starts.  Unfortunately the ECPL is not the only League, a Trelawney League Club folded recently and now Launceston College Phoenix has withdrawn from the Duchy Premier Division.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, its not just about the administration of the League(s), its how County FA's are governed by the FA.  Days are long gone where players turn up for a game of football, pays their subs and go, its like running a business.

Devon are also suffering with Clubs folding, as well as Clubs around the Country.  Pub teams, as they used to be called, need rules to be more relaxed, where players can enjoy their football etc etc.

Members should be entitled to their opinions, but in a constructive manner.  Having a pop at someone is not being constructive.  Dave is right in blocking posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×