Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
100%cornish

Godolphin vs Exeter City u18s

Well its stopped down so think a trip to Godolphin Way to see the new Godolphin team and run the rule over them against Dan Greens young Exeter team .I thought the game may of been called off seeing its been raining all day but havnt seen any news about it being cancelled i will be there with my Scabby old dog

Only watched the 1st half of the match because weather was awful and i wanted to watch a prog about this man with kidney cancer .onto the game thought the G where very impessive with the no4 in defence very good but it was good watching Jamie Lowry in a G shirt and hopefully he will be playing all season he is a class player and his passing was superb as usual Josh Gilbert was in goal for the G and made  severel top saves but he is a good shot stopper .The young Exeter team looked comfortble on the ball and went in 1-0 up thanks to a penalty .I met the new G Goalie b4 the match and he made a fuss of a wet Smokie the new goalie certainly has the build of a goalie and i think he will do well but i couldnt fault Josh GILBERT tonight he was good dont ask me why theres a line under this i havnt a clue .Well done G Looked good what i saw and my mom for the half i will say Alec Cole he was very good

An excellent workout tonight for the players and a chance for Kevin Richards and his staff to have their first  real look at their new look squad in action in experimental mode.

Exeter U-18's played a neat passing game and ran out the comfortable winners but some good minutes in the bank for the whole squad against quality opposition..

Next up will be Wendron next Tuesday 18th

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

What was the final score Derek the G played very well what i saw of it i think the bearded no 4 will be a crowds favourite he gets stuck and looked a really good player

It finished 3-0 to Exeter. A really good work out for our lads against a really talented, fit & well drilled young side. Our bearded number 4 was James Baker & he will become a crowd favorite at Godolphin Way. All in all a good workout with 19 players getting at least 45 minutes. On to next Tuesday evening when Wendron bring their ever improving squad to godolphin way. 7-30no.