Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

Premier League and West division title contenders

Premier- Tavistock, Saltash, Parkway Bodmin. St Austell and especially Launceston to do well. 

West- Elburton Villa, St Dennis, Penzance, and Porthleven. 

Think it will be an extremely competitive league in the Prem this season, Saltash, parkway, tavy and St Austell have strengthened. Bodmin had a mass exodus but seems to have gathered a decent squad again so can't rule them out. Launceston to be dark horses and cause few upsets 

I think with the demise of Tivvy Reserves; the Eastern teams, Cullompton, Exmouth, Witheridge etc may pick up a few players to help their challenges.

Prem

1 Parkway

2. Tavistock

3. Saltash

4. Exmouth 5. Launceston 6. St Austell 7. Bodmin

West

1. Elburton

2. Mousehole

3. Porthleven

4. St Dennis 5. Wadebridge 6. St Blazey 7.Wendron

29 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Prem

1 Parkway

2. Tavistock

3. Saltash

4. Exmouth 5. Launceston 6. St Austell 7. Bodmin

West

1. Elburton

2. Mousehole

3. Porthleven

4. St Dennis 5. Wadebridge 6. St Blazey 7.Wendron

Brave statement. Positions 5,6 and 7

Love these predictions! At least we go in to it as underdogs!! No pressure! Amazed Porthleven tipped to finish high, with greatest respect if they do the West Division must be pretty weak this season having played against them last week they looked very weak . Still a long way to go though

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Love these predictions! At least we go in to it as underdogs!! No pressure! Amazed Porthleven tipped to finish high, with greatest respect if they do the West Division must be pretty weak this season having played against them last week they looked very weak . Still a long way to go though

Were you watching a different game? Porthleven held there own against a side that should (in my opinion) win the Premier division. Gilbert was also heard after the game praising porthleven and saying they looked better in some areas than Bodmin. 

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

One friday evening pre season game..against bodmin wont judge their season. Your opinion i know.. but pre season means nothing in terms of results... 

4 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

One friday evening pre season game..against bodmin wont judge their season. Your opinion i know.. but pre season means nothing in terms of results... 

I did say if you noticed there is a long way to go yet! I merely stated that IN MY OPINION, after seeing Porthleven on Friday evening I would be very surprised if they were competing for the title. If so all I am saying is the West division will be not as strong as in previous seasons if they finish top. Anyway, who cares!! :) I thought they were a young, inexperienced side, who at times looked good going forward but shaky at the back on occasions. I think Paul Pearce or Sticker Forever (somebody!) agreed with my comments on another topic. I believe Elburton, Pz,  St.Blazey will all be strong candidates.

Elburton will be the team to beat in the West. It's about time Wadebridge and Liskeard had a decent season so I'm expecting them to do well. I've no idea how well St Blazey will do. But what I do no is the club is in good hands and our new manager is putting together a squad that want to do well. I'm confident we will do pretty well. How close to promotion we will be remains to be seen. 

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Elburton will be the team to beat in the West. It's about time Wadebridge and Liskeard had a decent season so I'm expecting them to do well. I've no idea how well St Blazey will do. But what I do no is the club is in good hands and our new manager is putting together a squad that want to do well. I'm confident we will do pretty well. How close to promotion we will be remains to be seen. 

Elburton.. millbrook and st dennis.. will be the 3 who should be expecting to be up there i would of thought 

11 hours ago, TheHoneyBadger said:

Were you watching a different game? Porthleven held there own against a side that should (in my opinion) win the Premier division. Gilbert was also heard after the game praising porthleven and saying they looked better in some areas than Bodmin. 

Typical Leedsunited trying to put other teams down to try and make his own look better. Shame really.... I thought porthleven held their own against a strong Bodmin side, missed an open and couldve scored on a couple of occasions. Will think they will be up there along with Illogan being dark horses

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Typical Leedsunited! Must be pretty sad if I need to big up my team against a mid table Division One West side! :yahoo:

bit embarrassing if you have to big them up against a mid table side from the league below:mellow: surprised you havent tipped Parkway for relegation

In the Prem, if you accept that most of the top third will remain the same (couple a lot stronger and some noticeably weaker), the remaining 2/3rds will all take points of each other on their day. A lot depends on which teams can put decent runs together to occupy the middle third and who wont get sucked into the bottom third battles.

From last years bottom third -  Newquay needed to strengthen, but I have not seen a lot of that so far. Witheridge, already struggling, have lost several players, whereas Ivybridge appear to be promoting themselves as improved as are Callington. Helston had a bad end to the season and looked to massively improve but must be concerned about the loss of recent signings. Camelford, despite bids from 'bigger teams' have retained all their young players and will be stronger this season, Godolphin have lost players but 100% still feels they look okay. Sticker and Stoke Gabriel will both be on a high and usually promoted teams do well in their first season promoted (repromoted), so should be okay. As an outside bet for relegation - Argyle Reserves, last season, very strong and great footballing side supported by first team squad players, this season, none of their last seasons year two or three scholars will be playing, so they will be a nearly all new squad of 16/17 year olds (more like the West team of two years ago) and now the first team have been promoted will they risk playing their players in the SWPL?

In short, unfortunately I think it will be Newquay and Witheridge.

32 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

In the Prem, if you accept that most of the top third will remain the same (couple a lot stronger and some noticeably weaker), the remaining 2/3rds will all take points of each other on their day. A lot depends on which teams can put decent runs together to occupy the middle third and who wont get sucked into the bottom third battles.

From last years bottom third -  Newquay needed to strengthen, but I have not seen a lot of that so far. Witheridge, already struggling, have lost several players, whereas Ivybridge appear to be promoting themselves as improved as are Callington. Helston had a bad end to the season and looked to massively improve but must be concerned about the loss of recent signings. Camelford, despite bids from 'bigger teams' have retained all their young players and will be stronger this season, Godolphin have lost players but 100% still feels they look okay. Sticker and Stoke Gabriel will both be on a high and usually promoted teams do well in their first season promoted (repromoted), so should be okay. As an outside bet for relegation - Argyle Reserves, last season, very strong and great footballing side supported by first team squad players, this season, none of their last seasons year two or three scholars will be playing, so they will be a nearly all new squad of 16/17 year olds (more like the West team of two years ago) and now the first team have been promoted will they risk playing their players in the SWPL?

In short, unfortunately I think it will be Newquay and Witheridge.

very good point made on Argyle reserves... im sure no one had taken all of that into consideration but you can almost guarantee if they're looking like they're heading for relegation, they'll throw in a few pro's and carry them through