Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
willy7

Money in combo

Recommended Posts

What has happened to "Contract" players and "Non Contract" players ? be paid if you are good enough no matter what league you are in and if someone is stupid enough to pay it, just do it properly and declare any profits after all costs ie  boots, kit, travel etc are taken into account    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2017 at 13:18, a little bit of a dinho said:

Richard, what if a club completely transplants an entire squad of players (unpaid) from one club to themselves in order to be successful? What have they achieved? 

Pretty simple economics at work though with regard to the original point, supply and demand I think they call it. Something is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay for it. 

Really what is being questioned here is someone's motivation to do something. Exeter City have a concept where a group of fans club together and donate money in order to finance the wages of a new player each season, why do those fans do that? Is their motivation any more valid than the same scenario at a local level? Why so?

 

 

 

What've they achieved? 🤔

1 Trelawney league title

1 combination league cup 

1 evely cup

1 combination league title 

all with 0 incentives. Good on Carharrack, unfortunate for TMS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2017 at 11:35, Brianmooreshead said:

I can understand  that ambitious clubs in the Combination or ECPL with ambitions of getting into the SWPL would offer payments to players.

Anyone from any club has the right to come one here and say it doesn't happen at this club or that club but I KNOW that clubs at that level have paid money to some players in the past.

The circumstances in question were a SWPL player playing for a ECPL team when he didn't have a game

If someones paying players to pay in the Trelawney league then they really do have more money than sense

I play for torpoint and we have won the league the last three years in a row-we all PAY £5 a game to help the club. Goes towards washing the kit. Our linesman get paid for running the line for us-£15/20 I think. 

In my opinion players should only be getting paid if in the SWPL Prem. Div1 for away games if the miles are racking up then a bit of help with fuel-but the standard doesn't warrant payment for playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, COYG said:

What've they achieved? 🤔

1 Trelawney league title

1 combination league cup 

1 evely cup

1 combination league title 

all with 0 incentives. Good on Carharrack, unfortunate for TMS

Completely missing the point. Did you actually read any of the discussion before posting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, a little bit of a dinho said:

Completely missing the point. Did you actually read any of the discussion before posting?

No not really. Explain 'what did they achieve?' for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, COYG said:

No not really. Explain 'what did they achieve?' for me

I think the point he's trying to make is that the successful side wasn't created or constructed by that club in any way - They simply grabbed the players en bloc from another club rather than build a side " organically " ( As it seems to popularly termed these days )

I may be wrong though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I think the point he's trying to make is that the successful side wasn't created or constructed by that club in any way - They simply grabbed the players en bloc from another club rather than build a side " organically " ( As it seems to popularly termed these days )

I may be wrong though 

Yeah I think Richard was getting on his high horse a bit by questioning the achievements of teams that pay, when transplanting an entire team to achieve success is equally short term and artificial. What I was questioning was Richard's pretentious stance on the matter of paying teams. I couldn't let the virtue signalling and hypocrisy of his post slide :) 

3 hours ago, COYG said:

No not really. Explain 'what did they achieve?' for me

So just to spell it out for you mate. I'm not literally questioning the achievements of Carharrack, they've done very well and nobody can take that away from them. They are fully entitled to bring in players and do as they please, it doesn't bother me.

But in simple terms I think his questioning of short-termism makes him a hypocrite. 

"People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry just got back from riding around on my high horse. Neigh 🐴

I make no apologies for the team or the hard working committee behind the scenes for making what we have achieved possible. All working together to progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the 5 year plan or whatever you wish to call it though Richard?

what happens if the team decide to leave on mass to another club, not saying it's going to happen but it could. This is an issue that many clubs have when they are relying on the manager to bring a nucleus of players to the club rather then selling the club to the players. 

This goes for a lot of clubs not just carharrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not worth the argument, Darren. Carharrack is a decent club & have achieved a lot, recently.  But I feel their reputation has been tarnished by importing a whole team & and having a win at all costs linesman, helping their cause. I fear they may have a major rebuilding period in the not too distant future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Sorry just got back from riding around on my high horse. Neigh 🐴

I make no apologies for the team or the hard working committee behind the scenes for making what we have achieved possible. All working together to progress.

Nobody wants you to apologise? Nobody criticised the team or the committee. More virtue signalling Richard.

I simply pointed out that you were being a hypocrite and now you're getting defensive :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem for me is the fact that it gets harder for clubs that cannot afford to pay to be competitive. All we can do is keep looking for young players and be creative on our recruitment. And for the record we only charge £2.50 subs which includes winter training plus warm up tops jackets tee shirts and tracksuits.but! no money because it is ploughed back into the club to try and progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, St Darren said:

What is the 5 year plan or whatever you wish to call it though Richard?

If you really interested Darren we are halfway through a 10 year plan.

Wrote on a post it note:

1) Stay in Trelawny Premier

2) Attract a Top Manager

3) Invest in Ground

4) Get Promoted from Trelawny Premier

5) Avoid Relegation from Combination League in first season 

6) Progress Res Team

7) Have fun and enjoy the football, maybe have a beer afterwards....

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread was about payment to players and suddenly turned into a pop at carharracks success? 

Yes the tms lads went to carharrack but look at where they were... Tms were stuck at Malpas after losing their original home ground because of the council so the lads had to decide... Stick it out and see how long until they got their ground back and then rebuild and see how far they can go or go to an established club with a ground that didn't need too much work to progress through the leagues. It was a bit of a no brained for the lads in their mid 20s. Yes it's harsh on tms fc and left them in limbo but even a few years later the council are still not being much help to tms so it's not so much about the players leaving that's affected tms but the council. As for the lads going to carharrack they made their decision and for most of them it won't have been taken lightly but they did it and more than achieved what even they would have expected... Won the trelawny league and then the combo league... Something they wouldn't have been able to do had they stuck with tms unfortunately! 

As for what this thread relates to they've done this without having to pay players they've done it through great work in the background, great work from the management team with Popey and great work ethic and teamwork from the players themselves to stick together and create their own success... All done with no payments being dished out just through hard work

There shouldn't be anything bad said to carharrack or the players for this happening more like a well done for creating the success that they have had and keep it up... Also shows you can achieve success without having to pay players!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, feedtheshak said:

This thread was about payment to players and suddenly turned into a pop at carharracks success? 

Yes the tms lads went to carharrack but look at where they were... Tms were stuck at Malpas after losing their original home ground because of the council so the lads had to decide... Stick it out and see how long until they got their ground back and then rebuild and see how far they can go or go to an established club with a ground that didn't need too much work to progress through the leagues. It was a bit of a no brained for the lads in their mid 20s. Yes it's harsh on tms fc and left them in limbo but even a few years later the council are still not being much help to tms so it's not so much about the players leaving that's affected tms but the council. As for the lads going to carharrack they made their decision and for most of them it won't have been taken lightly but they did it and more than achieved what even they would have expected... Won the trelawny league and then the combo league... Something they wouldn't have been able to do had they stuck with tms unfortunately! 

As for what this thread relates to they've done this without having to pay players they've done it through great work in the background, great work from the management team with Popey and great work ethic and teamwork from the players themselves to stick together and create their own success... All done with no payments being dished out just through hard work

There shouldn't be anything bad said to carharrack or the players for this happening more like a well done for creating the success that they have had and keep it up... Also shows you can achieve success without having to pay players!! 

How do you know exactly no one has ever been paid?  With that loving comment you can now be caharracks number one cheerleader! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

How do you know exactly no one has ever been paid?  With that loving comment you can now be caharracks number one cheerleader! 

Nobody at carharrack is being paid 😂 Just a group of mates winning plenty of games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shouldn't think there is one club in the Combo paying appearance money to any player on the gates they get. Maximum entrance fee is £2/£1, average gate is roughly 36. 

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/16attendances.htm

I don't know if any do a programme that will generate enough advertising cash. Advertising boards, a few at each ground, bar takings/profits minimal, club sponsor's money used to buy kit, etc.

Very few sugar daddies around at our level. Perhaps one or two players get petrol money for being a club taxi each week, but to say multiple players in a side earning £30-50 per game in a side, I can't see it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd be surprised how many idiots are around these days CTB. If people want to pay that's up to them, but at this level it's laughable.

As for Carharrack, can't say I've got anything against the club or the players, they proved they made the right decision to leave TMS. The thing that gets most people's backs up is the fact you didn't hear a peep from all the "die hard fans" when they stayed in Trelawney Premier due to them increasing the number of teams in that division, then all of a sudden they inherit a top side, start doing well then all these supporters come back out the woodwork. As for the team, enjoy playing them, good side, good football, and will be the team to beat again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Ryan Bull wouldn't leave St.Agnes for nothing! ;-) CTB  there are at least 3 team's paying money this season so there are still sugar daddies about or rich managers

He's been mates with the Carharrack lot for years Willy and isn't the only St Agnes player joining them this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2017 at 08:03, feedtheshak said:

This thread was about payment to players and suddenly turned into a pop at Richard Chown's hypocrisy? 

Fixed your post mate.

On 16/07/2017 at 18:12, ballsax said:

You'd be surprised how many idiots are around these days CTB. If people want to pay that's up to them, but at this level it's laughable.

This was a point I tried to make earlier when I referenced Exeter City and their fan scheme to fund a player each season. At which level does it suddenly become acceptable for people to pay other people to do something? 

Who are we to question someone's motives to spend their own money?

It makes as much sense as standing in Tesco and asking someone why they are buying Prawn and Mayo sandwiches. :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×