VS

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE   

SATURDAY  8TH JULY

KO 1530

KIMBERLEY STADIUM - SALTASH

HOT & COLD REFRESHMENTS

50/50 DRAW

£9 Adults £5 Concessions

(Derek Adams has confirmed that his squad will be EQUALLY Split)  

So does that mean the Plymouth Parkway game against Argyle will have the other split team ?   Be very interesting where the neutral will go ?

I wonder who will have the bigger crowd ?

My money is on Plymouth Parkway.

Either way good for local football.

Having a drive up to watch this match tmmrw hope i can find the ground never been there and my old car got no sat nat just Smokie .Hope Argyle put out a good side and Carey plays hope the Plymouth Players will pop over and watch this match after they have played against Parkway be nice to get lots of photos and autographs should be a good game

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Having a drive up to watch this match tmmrw hope i can find the ground never been there and my old car got no sat nat just Smokie .Hope Argyle put out a good side and Carey plays hope the Plymouth Players will pop over and watch this match after they have played against Parkway be nice to get lots of photos and autographs should be a good game

Follow signs to Saltash and then the leisure centre. Can't miss it

31 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

thanks a lot i expect i will still get lost usually do

100% - follow the A38 and turn off right into Saltash (in the dip before you reach the main Saltash rbt). Follow that road into Saltash (straight across a mini rbt and passing the Ploughboy Inn on your left). At a major junction with lights - turn right (onto Callington Road). Follow that for half a mile and sign for Police Station / Sports centre on right - you're there!!

If you're coming in off the big roundabout by Waitrose / Service - follow the Saltash Road, go over a rbt - you come to the above major junction but would go straight across. 

Went along to Kimberley Park and am pleased to report Saltash provided a spirited and decent performance against an Argyle side containing first team credentials.

There wasn't much in it until midway through the second half and Saltash had more than a few opportunities to take the lead.

They did the SWPL proud with a very competent showing.

The pitch played like a bowling green and the club put on a great spread for all the Argyle supporters, Saltash displayed tremendous application to ensuring everyone had a jolly good time.

Here is a cut and paste from what I commented upon regarding the match on the Argyle PASOTI website:

Chips, Pints and Muggy Summer Football.

These are leg stretchers and nothing more but we're all desperate for a day at the match, no matter what the circumstances (both players and supporters).

Thought Lameiras was a bit special for Argyle today and should have a wonderful season, quality player, other than him, everybody seemed (how should I say) in need of a run out?

All credit to Saltash for presenting a great playing surface, especially in consideration of their respective league status and for all the supporting facilities league supporters often take for granted. They played damn well as a team, were unfortunate to not score and certainly gave Argyle a testing competitive workout. I was surprised how few people knew they were unlucky SWPL runners up last season and finished way above Parkways mediocre performances.

By the way, has anyone got the official attendance please?

Edited by Uwdi Krugg
missed a word

I would hazard a guess at over a 1,000.  Playing surface was absolutely superb, best I have seen for a long long time. .  Well controlled by the referee.   The Ashes acquitted themselves well against quality opposition.  They had their chances.  Credit must go to their fitness as Argyle looked sprightly throughout the game.  Rickard was superb in goal.  All in all an excellent afternoons entertainment.  Looking ahead to the new season. You would have to put the performance into the right perspective and say that if Saltash carry on like this then the future looks bright.  As far as Argyle are concerned and this was only half of what you would expect to see but they looked very fit and sharp.  Ruben Lameiras looked a real handful along with Joel Grant who took his chance well.  Again difficult to ascertain on just one match and with only half a team but Argyle certainly have some quality players.  Well done to Saltash for putting on an excellent show.  And good luck to young Adam Mitchell who is suffering a devastating illness.  i hope he was proud of being made guest of honour.  It was also pleasing to see a minutes applause for young Bradley Lowery with the Sunderland supporter sadly losing his fight against terminal cancer.  

No didnt get lost Pugwash thanks to the kind help i had on here finding the ground  really enjoyed the game in the 1st half Plymouth had shot after shot without testing SALTASH goalie Ryan Rickard Argyle will struggle if they dont sign a striker they where poor in attack but the boy Reuben Lumeiras was class  but my man of the match for Argyle goes to Jordan Bentley who was brilliant Saltash looked really good and will be a force again this year especially with Danny Lewis in there team he was my mom for Saltash but Ryan Rickard played well as well . Ryan Richards had a chance to score vs McCormick when all he had to do was lob him but he put it straight into Mc Cormicks hands .The Plymouth players where greatwith the fans posing for autographs and posing for photos even Graham Carey Argyles star man who had played in the previous match at Parkway turned up to watch the Saltash match and spent all afternoon posing for selfies Saltash could be in for a good season again with the same team as last season plus a couple of new players and i hope Plymouth do well but think they will end up mid table .Very good crowd there and nice pasties and nice pint or 2 of Shandy and after the match onto the fair for toffee apples and i won a cuddly toy dog so now i got 2 dogs but 1 will be a lot cheaper to keep . 2 matches to takein this week 1st at Godolphin way for the Exeter u18s then next satday down Truro to watch the Falmouth match .1 last thing i see in the PARKWAY match Glyn Hobbs never even came off the subs bench vs Argyle in the 3-1 win for PLYMOUTH ARGYLE .Thanks for a lovelyday out at Saltsh ground nice set up there .Thanks again GINGERNINJA AND BOBJFGH for your directions

10 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i see in the PARKWAY match Glyn Hobbs never even came off the subs bench

Perhaps they didn't want Argyle to think about signing him 😀

What was good to see after the match was that most of the crowd came on to the pitch for autographs and selfies.  A great PR exercise for Argyle. 

3 hours ago, gingerninja said:

That's not bad given almost 2400 were at Parkway 

I think that was slightly enhanced. Being at the game there was a really healthy crowd but certainly not that. Either way great for both clubs to put on a show. Well done  

10 hours ago, Crusty said:

I think that was slightly enhanced. Being at the game there was a really healthy crowd but certainly not that. Either way great for both clubs to put on a show. Well done  

I was given the exact amount trust me not far off that figure :D