Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

If the people coming to clubs with all this money to throw around, had any interest, love or affiliation to the club they are running, they'd put their money into the sustainability of that football club, not into the pockets of the many who take their pay packet & are not seen again until the following Saturday. & I know exactly who Dave is talking about & will shake his hand the next time I see him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paul said:

Yesterday St Blazey played Millbridge in a friendly away. That was one of 3 friendlys for Millbridge played one after the other. Is there really a need for so many sides??

Excuse my ignorance Paul - did you mean Millbrook ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Paul said:

No it was Millbridge. They play in one of the Plymouth leagues. The match was played on a 3g pitch at Devonport boys school. 

3G is crap for football which is meant to be played on grass!

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

No it was Millbridge. They play in one of the Plymouth leagues. The match was played on a 3g pitch at Devonport boys school. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 July 2017 at 08:42, Tribute said:

Heard there's been signing on bonuses running into thousands from a certain club to players 🤑

They have trebled their offer for me now tribute but I'm happy playin duchy n vets footy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 21:01, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes John ...your comments are bang on the money.

With an ageing volunteer workforce, I'm the youngest at 65, and all others over 70 time to take stock I believe, enough running around trying to field 4 teams.

If the younger generation want what we had they have to put some time in ....up to them if they want to keep it.

My suggestion was to shut down completely and wait a few years until all of this recent nonsense in football  disappears.

Mates teams, TV football, got to go shopping with the missus, my physio said I should rest, how much you going to pay me, I don't like your free food, I'm tired, I only play football - not help in any way, and so on.

Don't get me wrong, that is a sample of comments over the years, in the end you start to wonder what you are doing all of the hours for (!)

Time for the kids to earn what we give them.

All of this is my opinion and not related to the decision Penryn have made.

Thank you all for your kind comments, much appreciated by myself (I ignore the silly ones)

I await the official release from Penryn myself. ....if indeed there is going to be one.

This couldnt put it any better, people need to get involved or you will see a very quick decline of SWP football. I've seen it first hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cornishrambler said:

This couldnt put it any better, people need to get involved or you will see a very quick decline of SWP football. I've seen it first hand. 

Unfortunately it is already in rapid decline - the attendance figures alone prove that and it does not help with the high admission charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy Matthews said:

So how about getting involved then Big Al?

What am I suppose to do, go around with a loud haler informing everyone of a local soccer event ? Lowering the admission charges could possibly help - I cannot afford to go anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

What am I suppose to do, go around with a loud haler informing everyone of a local soccer event ? Lowering the admission charges could possibly help - I cannot afford to go anymore!

No but you could choose to volunteer at the club and help it out. It takes every sort of person to help a club run effectively and I'm sure your skill set would come in handy and I'm sure the club would be very grateful to you. 

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong about the decline in numbers, you're right, but instead of being part of the problem how about being a part of the solution?

You never know the club might let you in free of charge in return for your help? Everyone wins! 

Just a suggestion. Too many people come on here moaning and complaining but won't lift a finger to support clubs. For some people it's time to give something back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know for certain most clubs where you lend a hand would be more than willing to let you in free, i know there is a few who will get free entry at Bodmin for the Cardiff game for helping out.

If more peolle got up and helped at various clubs around Devon and Cornwall then clubs would be in far better health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tommy Matthews said:

No but you could choose to volunteer at the club and help it out. It takes every sort of person to help a club run effectively and I'm sure your skill set would come in handy and I'm sure the club would be very grateful to you. 

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong about the decline in numbers, you're right, but instead of being part of the problem how about being a part of the solution?

You never know the club might let you in free of charge in return for your help? Everyone wins! 

Just a suggestion. Too many people come on here moaning and complaining but won't lift a finger to support clubs. For some people it's time to give something back. 

You could say the same about the players, always a one way ticket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×