Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WendronOfficial

End of season thank you's.

I'm aware that there are a few fixtures to be played, but our Trelawny sides have now all finished their seasons so I'd like to take the moment to hand out a few thank you's. 

Firstly to all sides this year, The Trelawny League is improving week after week, and season after season. It's gone from strength to strength and in a few seasons it will be a great set up, in fact - that has been recognised with several awards going to the Trelawny League. 

Well done to all league winners, especially the ones we were involved with. 

CSM in the Prem, Penwith in Div 2 and New Inn Titans of Div 4. All worthy and deserved winners. Good luck to those in promotion and especially those hopin for promotion to the Combination League. 

Thanks to all clubs who have visited the Underlane this year, we hope you have enjoyed it and we hope that next year not so many leave with three points. 

Thank you to all of the officials who officiated our fixtures this year. You are the most hated men but the most important. I can't think back to many poor referring performances I've witnessed this year and I really believe that referring standards and respect is on the up. I hope that continues to happen and that next year there is more recognition of that. 

Thank you to all of our players for representing Wendron United FC this season and to all of our 'officials' for giving up their time to run the club and to help win Cornwall's Groundsman of the Year award for 2017. 

Lastly, I want to thank all of the Trelawny committee. The dedication and commitment you show to the job is endless and admirable. I know that myself, as well as others I imagine, have pestered you about this and that but each time you have been prompt, helpful and polite in your responses. We are lucky to have a great committe for our league in what is often and thankless task. 

From Gerald for the seemingly impossible job of arranging fixtures, to Paul for somehow getting games officiated and to the legend that is @Steve Carpenter! Enjoy retirement and thanks for all he help you've given me over the past few seasons. Be sad to see you go and they will be big shoes to fill!

Thanks to you all, and those I have left out! 

Enjoy your 'break'. 

Wendron United FC

@Steve Carpenter and Gerald Sobey have been absolutely fantastic for this league and they will be a big loss for us all; that said, they will still be in the background offering advice and guidance to their replacements. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we wish them well for the future. Hopefully once Steve returns from his holidays, he will be back with us. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable, he's a bloody nice guy aswell!

That's a very good post WO. 

Have to agree 110% Steve carpenter wow massive boots to fill. Known Steve for about 18 years since his days as Stithians manager, top bloke always , as said helpful,  polite , always picks up the phone etc.  I will say again what I have already told him enjoy your long holiday & get back sharpish 👍