Simon2389

What new teams are applying to join?

26 posts in this topic

Just wandering if anyone knew what teams were looking to join the league? I've heard Pendeen are looking at a reserves side

Threemilestone res and goonhavern 3rds dont know the rest. Obviously newbridge folding and also heard mabe res folding to. Not sure on the rest

Simon2389 likes this

Rumour has it Marazion Blues might be on the way out as well. Surprised if true. Not lack of players but lack of support re backroom volunteers.

Madron possibly applying to enter a Reserve side as well.

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Rumour has it Marazion Blues might be on the way out as well. Surprised if true. Not lack of players but lack of support re backroom volunteers.

Madron possibly applying to enter a Reserve side as well.

Madron would not be able to as cant have two teams in the same league

Simon2389 likes this

Rumour that Fourlanes res are moving to Gwinear ???

Praze 

constantine 

probus

tms

goonhavern 

all looking for entry to league 

Simon2389 likes this

Gwinear will be looking to put a reserve team into the league

As first team Manager I have struggled to keep all my players happy with pitch time and most weeks having to turn away players with Squad size.

With this and also being approached by a large volume of players we cant support all this interest with one team.

Fingers crossed we get the support of the league to help the club accommodate the players who's clubs are not participating in the league next year

Why is it that so many clubs are unable to fulfill fixtures this season. But now we have clubs many of whom disbanded their reserve teams before, now wanting to rejoin to league? 

There is even talk of some clubs possibly disbanding

On 14/05/2017 at 19:07, zebedee said:

Rumour that Fourlanes res are moving to Gwinear ???

Praze 

constantine 

probus

tms

goonhavern 

all looking for entry to league 

Some of these clubs only disbanded a very short time ago. Surely not much has changed, other than starting in a lower league on going on an ego trip.

The last time I played at praze in the Sunday league our changing room was appalling, holes in the floor and a big puddle in the middle. Now I know you don't play footy in the changing rooms, but the pitch wasn't much better. Uncut,poor lines, goals and nets falling down.

8 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

Gwinear will be looking to put a reserve team into the league

As first team Manager I have struggled to keep all my players happy with pitch time and most weeks having to turn away players with Squad size.

With this and also being approached by a large volume of players we cant support all this interest with one team.

Fingers crossed we get the support of the league to help the club accommodate the players who's clubs are not participating in the league next year

So why was you playing so much??? 

MARKSY and Asterix like this

47 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

So why was you playing so much??? 

Bit of advice bundi, wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket with the other team folding thing... and the manager of one of those teams plus a group of that teams players coming too help form this new side.... Especially as they may have alternative offers on the table also!!!

And it's the support of other clubs you need as there ones vote you in come agm time 

1 minute ago, Postman Pat said:

I think praze would play and share with mariners at nancegollen

Is that where their first team played until they folded?

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 16:45, Postman Pat said:

I think praze would play and share with mariners at nancegollen

Yeah they probably would for **** sake really not good!!! Our pitch was in fantastic shape all season and even looked awesome at the end of the season with just us playing on it and now looks like bloody praze are back 😢

27 minutes ago, fudge said:

Yeah they probably would for **** sake really not good!!! Our pitch was in fantastic shape all season and even looked awesome at the end of the season with just us playing on it and now looks like bloody praze are back 😢

Wasn't the fact they played there due to first teams manager not being allowed at that ground or something maybe if different management may Play at the pitch praze have most of the time just before you enter the village 

Yeah praze had there own pitch there 2nd team played there but 1st team manager like you said wasnt allowed at the pitch and i belive the same guy will be running the side again which means there be at mariners pitch again 😢

On 22 May 2017 at 21:51, fudge said:

I can't for the life of me see how st Ives (10-15 miles away?) complaining about praze (not even 1 mile) away from nancegollen have any right to do so? They probably have more right to play there than you do!