Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

Duchy League - Saturday May 13 2017

Please feel free to post your postponement, result, goalscorers and post-match comments

Premier Division
North Petherwin   2-5  St Stephen
Callington Town   2-8    Torpoint Athletic    (6pm ko) 

Division 1    
Grampound    2-0    AFC Bodmin (2pm ko) 
Gerrans & St Mawes Utd    0-1    Veryan
St Dennis    3-0    Altarnun

Division 2
Mevagissey    1-1   St Merryn
St Newlyn East    8-4    Tregrehan Mill

Unfortunately for me as a St Columb man, Grampound secured their Division One survival with a 2-0 win over AFC Bodmin. Bodmin hit the woodwork in the first minute, but that was as good as it got for the visitors for a long time as Grampound dominated the first half, scoring when their right winger skinned his opposing full-back an smashing home a shot across the keeper into the far corner.

It was a closer contest after the break, but the home team took a 2-0 lead just before the hour mark after some very sloppy defending, and that was the end of the scoring, although Bodmin again hit the woodwork shortly after.

So, although I was disappointed, the best team on the afternoon took the three points and there was also no complaints about any lack of effort on behalf of AFC Bodmin, despite this being a meaningless game in their season.

Final words are "well done" the ref, and the succession of club linesmen who all did a good job.

4 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Unfortunately for me as a St Columb man, Grampound secured their Division One survival with a 2-0 win over AFC Bodmin. Bodmin hit the woodwork in the first minute, but that was as good as it got for the visitors for a long time as Grampound dominated the first half, scoring when their right winger skinned his opposing full-back an smashing home a shot across the keeper into the far corner.

It was a closer contest after the break, but the home team took a 2-0 lead just before the hour mark after some very sloppy defending, and that was the end of the scoring, although Bodmin again hit the woodwork shortly after.

So, although I was disappointed, the best team on the afternoon took the three points and there was also no complaints about any lack of effort on behalf of AFC Bodmin, despite this being a meaningless game in their season.

Final words are "well done" the ref, and the succession of club linesmen who all did a good job.

Thanks for the generous words. We felt that we were the better side today and could have had a few more goals but happy with what we got.  It's not been an easy season for us but winning the 3 games we thought we could in the last month or so enabled us to have a satisfactory end to the season - we've just got back from the pub and can now look forward to our End of Season Dinner & Presentation Evening next weekend with a little more enthusiasm.  Commiserations to St Columb Major - always tough opponents - but I am sure they will be back.  Thanks too to AFC Bodmin who gave us a tough game today and never gave up at any point.  Just glad that we survived - hope I can now survive the inevitable hangover!

Allan, Grampound FC chairman

Veryan1 gsm0 tasty game where there wasn't many shots Martyn ocallagahan scored the winner from the spot after a hand ball in the first half. St mawes was the better side first half and my personal opinion would say veryan second half.even though we didn't win the league I still think it's a great achievement for veran considering losing the management and both strikers that had 70+ between them. Time for a rest and roll on next season👍 Congrats to st Dennis on the league deffo a club on the up 👍

Duchy 1 

GSM 0 : 1 veryan 

Mi final post/bad match report of this season! A game which probably ment more than just picking up the runners up medal!When speakin to gsm boss ak about the nervs from the touchline during the game it says it all!!! wot this means to both clubs!! This was all about a local derby with 2 sets of players that all no each other but want to be the top club on the roseland! Gsm have had some awesome results recently and veryan not so good results! Gsm play with alot of pace going forward which we whitnessed when they beat st dennis the week before! All beit a wounded st dennis side they still put in a great performance! The game was settled with a martyn O'callaghan first half penalty! The game had few clear cut chances with it being a complete midfeild battle tackles went in from both sides ben ringrose, callum grahamshaw and james fryer came up against a resilient veryan midfield or martyn O'callaghan andrew pearce and steven way! From the sidelines the game only had spells of good quality in patches but just a battle of two sides who really wanted this victory!! Both sides had good spells in the game and it could have gone either way!! But with us winning 1:0 gives us the big 3 points we needed to clinch the second spot!! It would be nearli impossible for me to pick out a mom performance from a veryan player i think everyone pulled together wen needed! Its been a realli good season in duchy 1 a league which has teams in it capable of competing at a good level next season in the premier!! Well done to ak and his lads this season! Veryan havnt been at there best for alot of the season but we will go again next season for sure!! Well done again to st dennis lookin forward to playin them again next season!!!