Dave Deacon

Trelawny League - Saturday May 13 2017

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tempo said:

I'm not going to shy away from giving my opinion, even if I perhaps should, that's not who I am. I know that getting the ball doesn't mean it isn't a foul, but I think if you kick the ball and then slip, it is harsh to give a foul let alone a yellow card, I understand Tom's logic though and that is fine, I have sent in my report as normal.

Yes i officiate myself when I'm not managing, but if someone wants to question one of my decisions that is fine. I have never said a bad word about a registered official, I've merely questioned a few decisions, and that's what football is all about. It would be naive to think that any referee even at the highest level gets every decision right, just like the players don't and the managers dont.

If you're a player, official, or manager you have to accept scrutiny for certain decisions, it's part of the game and is what makes football so good. I also appreciate Tom explaining his decision, even though he didn't need to. Good luck to him.

Agree you can state your opinion. If somebody slips and commits an offence whether accidental or not, its still a foul, If reckless then a caution. A little harsh but still correct and shouldn't be questioned.

Yes maybe with passion during the game you may question decisions but I don't believe that coming on here questioning or doubting any decisions ever paints you in a good light. You might not care but can't then say something if somebody calls you up on it. 

B Manning likes this

On 2017-5-14 at 10:58, Simon2389 said:

Think the issue is there are so many teams already established in the Penzance area. Two Newlyn teams, two St Buryan teams, penwith exciles, Mousehole, Madron, Pendeen, Newlyn Lions, Ludgvan, Marazion, two Rosudgeon teams. It's always going to be hard with a new team to get players in. The average age of the team this season his been about 20. Teenagers playing their first season in men's football. There's obviously a big gap between the two teams. One is in Peninsula league and Reserves in Trelawny 4. 

Not so long ago Penzance had three men's teams , and there was several more clubs in and around the area , Marron two sides , Gulval two sides , Longrock Two sides , Penwith social club , Mousehole three teams , Ludgvan two sides so there was always lots of teams , the difference back then was players did not move around as much , the better players played for Penzance  it was the club to play for.l  had the pleasure to play a season in the 3rd team before it was disbanded we trained with the first team and were included in everything  even now can remember being lapped on the runs but nobody took the Mick and the coach encouraged you even if you were a limited player .

Simon2389 likes this

On 2017-5-14 at 15:07, Tempo said:

Just passionate mate. When you see your player get booked for a clean tackle you're bound to be a bit unpleased, player out of pocket for winning the ball fairly.

Tempo enjoy the break been a hard season for all clubs , we all get upset about descions but as you know the refs descions is final , the difference in todays game is we have social media and our own forum to express how we feel , still haven't caught up with you this season but who knows next season ?  Keep up your enthusiasm for local football and your club , perhaps next season refs players,  supporters , managers will all make the right decisions and none of us will have nothing to discuss bar the game that brings happiness but also can kick you in the sphericals all in the same match.:smiley20:

B Manning and Tempo like this

10 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Agree you can state your opinion. If somebody slips and commits an offence whether accidental or not, its still a foul, If reckless then a caution. A little harsh but still correct and shouldn't be questioned.

Yes maybe with passion during the game you may question decisions but I don't believe that coming on here questioning or doubting any decisions ever paints you in a good light. You might not care but can't then say something if somebody calls you up on it. 

It's almost like we shouldn't have a forum to discuss things that happen in football matches. I only responded on here because someone else brought it up. I see nothing wrong with questioning one moment in a football match. Are we not all being perhaps a touch over sensitive?

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

Tempo enjoy the break been a hard season for all clubs , we all get upset about descions but as you know the refs descions is final , the difference in todays game is we have social media and our own forum to express how we feel , still haven't caught up with you this season but who knows next season ?  Keep up your enthusiasm for local football and your club , perhaps next season refs players,  supporters , managers will all make the right decisions and none of us will have nothing to discuss bar the game that brings happiness but also can kick you in the sphericals all in the same match.:smiley20:

Like I said, I understand Tom's decision. And to be honest the whole thing has been blown out of proportion at this point. If I had it my way we wouldn't have a break mate, I'm ready and keen to go again!

I know right, a forum to discuss football... it's really surprising when people come on here and then discuss things that happen at the football 🤔

We'll up next season mate. As a manager, referee, player and supporter, I undoubtedly will get every single decision right and no one will write about it on the forum. 😂

Can't quite believe how this thread has developed.

Are we really going to have persons coming on here threatening to report a manager for an opinion that wasn't in any way inappropriate?

The actual game was fairly uneventful with hardly any contentious decisions, just people with differing opinions because of how they saw it. 

The ref had a good game in my opinion, Yes he may of made one or two incorrect decisions but in comparison to the dozens of incorrect decisions the players made (mostly me) during the game, I think he'll progress well up the officiating ladder.

Well done Tomleft, keep up the good work and all the best to Tempo and Frogpool for next season 😂

Tempo, stevieb, tomleft and 4 others like this

Just now, Pete Davey said:

Can't quite believe how this thread has developed.

Are we really going to have persons coming on here threatening to report a manager for an opinion that wasn't in any way inappropriate?

The actual game was fairly uneventful with hardly any contentious decisions, just people with differing opinions because of how they saw it. 

The ref had a good game in my opinion, Yes he may of made one or two incorrect decisions but in comparison to the dozens of incorrect decisions the players made (mostly me) during the game, I think he'll progress well up the officiating ladder.

Well done Tomleft, keep up the good work and all the best to Tempo and Frogpool for next season 😂

Couldn't agree more mate. I probably shouldn't have bothered replying to some of the comments to be fair.

Good luck for next year, Division 2 is tough but after how hard our division has been this year I have no doubt that you will be able to handle it. Thanks for the hospitality and the incredible pitch, groundsman deserves some credit. See you around and good luck in the future.

tomleft, Chris Davey, B_D and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

Couldn't agree more mate. I probably shouldn't have bothered replying to some of the comments to be fair.

Good luck for next year, Division 2 is tough but after how hard our division has been this year I have no doubt that you will be able to handle it. Thanks for the hospitality and the incredible pitch, groundsman deserves some credit. See you around and good luck in the future.

You say a referee did well and people will kick off you're commenting about a ref. Get over yourselves and man up

Tempo likes this

5 hours ago, Tempo said:

It's almost like we shouldn't have a forum to discuss things that happen in football matches. I only responded on here because someone else brought it up. I see nothing wrong with questioning one moment in a football match. Are we not all being perhaps a touch over sensitive?

Like I said, I understand Tom's decision. And to be honest the whole thing has been blown out of proportion at this point. If I had it my way we wouldn't have a break mate, I'm ready and keen to go again!

I know right, a forum to discuss football... it's really surprising when people come on here and then discuss things that happen at the football 🤔

We'll up next season mate. As a manager, referee, player and supporter, I undoubtedly will get every single decision right and no one will write about it on the forum. 😂

Ready and keen to again wow!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic about the break or so called off season that managers don't really get much of as they have to speak to players ones to stay ones to arrive , help with sponsorship organise what kit need etc....Pre season fixtures, training dates etc!!

However I'm glad to have all my Saturdays free for 6-7 weeks chance to go out with wife and boy which miss during the season then won't be long saturdays before friendlies begin!! 

We all need a break Dan! 

B_D and stevieb like this

49 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Ready and keen to again wow!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic about the break or so called off season that managers don't really get much of as they have to speak to players ones to stay ones to arrive , help with sponsorship organise what kit need etc....Pre season fixtures, training dates etc!!

However I'm glad to have all my Saturdays free for 6-7 weeks chance to go out with wife and boy which miss during the season then won't be long saturdays before friendlies begin!! 

We all need a break Dan! 

Ah man, footy is life. For me it's an unwanted break, no better way to spend a Saturday for me than playing/managing/officiating! Roll on the new season.

B_D likes this

6 hours ago, Tempo said:

Tempo don't let your enthusiasm leave you , but don't burn out either , there really is no such thing as an off season for a manager , lots don't realise how much time , energy , money it takes to manage or being secretary/ committee member take my hat of to you all  it is a thankless task everyone has an opinion , and how to pick a team , you will be told that's easy until asked to do it then lots can't be seen for dust . Lots of jobs around to be done up keep of pitches , sorting finances , registration, insurance ect ect .

B_D and Tempo like this

53 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Tempo don't let your enthusiasm leave you , but don't burn out either , there really is no such thing as an off season for a manager , lots don't realise how much time , energy , money it takes to manage or being secretary/ committee member take my hat of to you all  it is a thankless task everyone has an opinion , and how to pick a team , you will be told that's easy until asked to do it then lots can't be seen for dust . Lots of jobs around to be done up keep of pitches , sorting finances , registration, insurance ect ect .

Don't worry mate, my enthusiasm isn't going anywhere! Too true though, I'm currently working on trying to strengthen for next season. Fingers crossed.

stevieb likes this

2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Ah man, footy is life. For me it's an unwanted break, no better way to spend a Saturday for me than playing/managing/officiating! Roll on the new season.

That opinion changes when you get a family trust me! I was the same 3 seasons back 

stevieb likes this

Busiest time of the year for committees paying bills with no money coming in agms pitch maintenance arranging preseason supporting managers.sponsorship the list is endless. Joys of running a club and a never ending challenge but that's why we did it because we are daft and love it

29 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Busiest time of the year for committees paying bills with no money coming in agms pitch maintenance arranging preseason supporting managers.sponsorship the list is endless. Joys of running a club and a never ending challenge but that's why we did it because we are daft and love it

Well said Pat :thumbsup: