Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stokefan1

Camborne School of mines

Seems by looking at tonight's results Camborne School of mines cannot be caught at the top of the Trelawny premier division and are champions!!!

Few things will be said about when they start etc but still credit there consistency well done to school of mines!!! and could be by a bit of a margin with still 5 league games remaining....

Congrats to CSOM. Regardless of anyones opinions, they are in the division on merit, and the table doesn't lie at the end of the season. Been the best side, and most consistent. Well done guys, from all at West Cornwall.

Credit to Lizard tonight, really put up a good battle. We've had a really enjoyable season and look forward to what next year brings. Cheers for all the kind comments, all at CSM.

7 hours ago, j18185 said:

Credit to Lizard tonight, really put up a good battle. We've had a really enjoyable season and look forward to what next year brings. Cheers for all the kind comments, all at CSM.

CSOM v Pendeen tomorrow should be a good game with Pendeen having to beat CSOM once out of the two remaining fixtures of their season both against CSOM! where will this game be played? at Wendron FC?

They usually play on the top field across the road from the football club. Now they've won the league a few players may head home early, unless they are being presented with the trophy after the game?

Congrats to Jake and the CSM boys! A very tidy outfit with a core of some excellent footballers. I hope that they all bugger off home and get real jobs rather than being sponging students next year as they've been far the best team in the league this season. 

We've run them close a couple of times this year and look forward to hosting them in our final league game next Wednesday. 

Yes @Sijames, CSM play at our top pitch in Rame. 

It is proposed that the League winning Shield and players medals will be presented after tomorrow's game .

St Agnes will be presented with their Div 1 runners up Cup and medals after their final on Sunday at. Wendron  12 k.off 

Other shields / cups will be presented to Div 2 and 3 winners as soon as possible after leagues are decided over the next 2 weeks .

Good luck to all concerned 

have you guys been drinking heavily? a huge difference between looking good in a bellow average standard Trelawny Premier league and then stepping up a league or into the SWPL!

From what I've seen I'll agree that they've got 3 quality lads that would play Peninsula football easily. Their Captain, the big lad that played from the right and Felix, who is mustard.

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

have you guys been drinking heavily? a huge difference between looking good in a bellow average standard Trelawny Premier league and then stepping up a league or into the SWPL!

unless you have seen CSOM play then you can hardly say anything.......couple lads in the midfield and the big guy up top are of a good combo standard and like i said could walk into most teams

There is very little difference between top of Trelawney Prem and most of Combo, so as CSM are so far ahead in Trelawney Prem then it makes sense that a lot of their players could (should) be playing higher (I've only seen them once this season but they were good) - also applies to several players in the top five of Trelawney Prem.

Would agree with Sijames a little though about walking into "any SWPL team" (Cola) - maybe bottom of SWPL West (Penzance), but would need to prove themselves at a higher level (which they could well do) before making too many claims about SWPL Prem. 

Swpl is a different ball game , players are fitter , better managers , tactics  , but if they are good enough you should always play manage as high a level as possible , personally I wasn't good enough to play combo but would have loved to and also didn't manage at that level but that would have been the ultimate aim , the trouble is some players take the easier option and play at a level where they stand out but either won't or can't be bothered to try , that is my biggest pet hate in football , when I managed it would be a great satisfaction for  your players to move up into a higher team , not all players can push on and play the higher level and would give their right arm to move up the leagues but to play against players who can but won't is an insult to them .

6 hours ago, ballsax said:

From what I've seen I'll agree that they've got 3 quality lads that would play Peninsula football easily. Their Captain, the big lad that played from the right and Felix, who is mustard.

Have to agree with captain and felix. 

34 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Apart from when he told me Pendeen won't be promoted...

Felix is quality and manages to be a third of the size of Dom Pullen but move a third less than he does! 

Oops lol