Dave Deacon

SWPL - fixture for Sunday May 7 2017

19 posts in this topic

Sunday May 7

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP FINAL

Exmouth Town v St Austell (3 pm)

at Crediton United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2017 at 07:11, Dave Deacon said:

Sunday May 7

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP FINAL

Exmouth Town v St Austell (3 pm)

at Crediton United

One - nil victory to AFC St.Austell.

Well done boys, and a clean sheet. Not had to many of those this season.

Proper Job.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations the Lillywhites. As a lad i was always siphoned off down to the front  of the crowd so that with all the other children we could watch the Wherry brothers, Tiny Rowe, Jackie Miners, the visiting Pollard twins who played alongside Roy Nail at Newquay.
Sorry got carried away a bit there, well done the present team on bring home some silverware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Smiling Assassin said:

I see both the ref and 4th official were from Devon. Any conspiracy theories Big Al?

 

The referee, Mr Littlefair, must have been one of the highest (if not the highest) as he was one of the three SWPL officials who gained promotion to Level 3 (The other two were Mr Kane and Mr Barlow).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to the St Austell boys pity the match wasnt played in Cornwal would of been a bigger crowd dont know what the crowd was but sure lots of Cornish folk would of gone to see the match if nearer i would of for 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done St Austell. Great result and nice end to the season. Exmouth have had a good season too, so it was nice to see the Trophy come back to Cornwall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crowd was 334. Lovely set up at Crediton, organisation by the club and SWPL staff was excellent.  Commiserations to Exmouth who were very gracious in defeat and joined in the celebrations in the club house after the match. Well done to my boys who were the best team on the day and deserved to win the cup. A really special winning goal from the sweet left foot of Martin Watts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, We Two said:

Congratulations the Lillywhites. As a lad i was always siphoned off down to the front  of the crowd so that with all the other children we could watch the Wherry brothers, Tiny Rowe, Jackie Miners, the visiting Pollard twins who played alongside Roy Nail at Newquay.
Sorry got carried away a bit there, well done the present team on bring home some silverware.

Some top players listed there.The team today showed real pride and commitment for the club and deserved the win. Credit to Exmouth for being tough opponents and great sportsmen in defeat. 

A word of praise for the officials as well who had an excellent game and enabled the game to entertain a decent crowd. 

Well done Crediton who were great hosts and on behalf of the management and players a massive thanks to the afc st austell supporters who travelled in numbers and who were in great voice for their relentless encouragement. 

Lafs and Keith B like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Crowd was 334. Lovely set up at Crediton, organisation by the club and SWPL staff was excellent.  Commiserations to Exmouth who were very gracious in defeat and joined in the celebrations in the club house after the match. Well done to my boys who were the best team on the day and deserved to win the cup. A really special winning goal from the sweet left foot of Martin Watts. 

I agree, Crediton were brilliant  host today, and thanks for the compliments for us SWPL Board Members, we aim to please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day all round. Pitch looked excellent and Crediton very friendly and good hosts. It was a tight game which was very well refereed and St Austell just about worthy winners with a clean sheet!!

Decent crowd with a very noisy following from Cornwall - bit like some of our epic Vase trips....full double decker coach, singing in the clubhouse ("Exmouth bombers" etc.). A long but excellent day (bit "tired" today in the office!!).

Martin Watts goal, courtesy of twitter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I add my congratulations to St Austell winning the league cup, nice to see the silverware being shared around for a change. I was a great admirer of Martin Watts and was at Salisbury when he was seriously injured playing for Truro City. If you get to read this Martin you are fondly remembered at Treyew Road and talked about regularly, shame it all ended the way it did. Some great free kicks and goals. Good luck in the future. :smiley20: Cheers and gone

midlandlilywhite, Tribute and MattP like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Watch the keeper, dreadful mistake from a 'Pea Roller' of a free kick !

Like your Senior Cup our trophy is gleaming on the shelf too ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, midlandlilywhite said:

Like your Senior Cup our trophy is gleaming on the shelf too ! 

Second best prize on offer after the league championship, well done St Austell.

Tribute and midlandlilywhite like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-8 at 17:22, leedsunited said:

Watch the keeper, dreadful mistake from a 'Pea Roller' of a free kick !

What about your goals in the senior cup final then Leeds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

What about your goals in the senior cup final then Leeds 

I didn't score in the Senior Cup Final, I am a bit to old for playing now :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now