• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ATL

SWPL Transfer Rumour Mill

127 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Teaming up with his brother LeeRoy at Parkway.  Any ideas on who is going to be in the Hotseat at St.Auste££ next season? Phillip Lafferty was 8/11 On, in the bookmakers down at Par market last weekend but now hearing players have made enquiries elsewhere if he re-joins them, not a popular 'player choice' is the rumour...

SID !!!

On 5/9/2017 at 14:46, TURNIP TED said:

Keith perhaps you could do a Transfer prediction list.

Ted - I honestly can't be bothered. Who knows what player will be tempted away, or simply want to try pastures new. 

margo likes this

19 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Hence maybe why they were desperate to get Gilby at Poltair offering him a financial war chest!  But why would he want to go to a club who are not in the top 3, that's a step backwards! :yahoo:

Maybe he fancies playing in front of a crowd!!!

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Teaming up with his brother LeeRoy at Parkway.  Any ideas on who is going to be in the Hotseat at St.Auste££ next season? Phillip Lafferty was 8/11 On, in the bookmakers down at Par market last weekend but now hearing players have made enquiries elsewhere if he re-joins them, not a popular 'player choice' is the rumour...

Sid Taylor & Richie Full?

3 hours ago, TURNIP TED said:

Now I believe it lol.   Perhaps its for a joke .

If that's the case, Tavy boss Stuart Henderson is in on it too as he has also commented on the thread :)

Simon May, Mike Lucas, Luke Brown & Ryan Lucassi all to Elburton Villa.

Heard they are looking to win the League and make a return to the Prem.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 19:43, Dave Deacon said:

If that's the case, Tavy boss Stuart Henderson is in on it too as he has also commented on the thread :)

That's a kick in the nuts then .. Win the league and then lose your top striker.

Sid Taylor to St Austell !!!

Someone please tell me that's a joke!!

He couldn't  even raise a side at Helston!!

Great Player and done ok with Helston, but nowhere near the required standard to manage St Austell.

Ric Flair likes this

7 hours ago, Football solution said:

Great Player and done ok with Helston, but nowhere near the required standard to manage St Austell.

You couldn't make that up (!)

MARKSY likes this

9 hours ago, TURNIP TED said:

That's a kick in the nuts then .. Win the league and then lose your top striker.

TT - may feel like that initially, however without him there is no way Tavistock would have come close to winning the league (6th or 7th at best). Tavistock had a great season - enjoy that, next season will be a lot different for a lot of clubs. 

On 17/05/2017 at 13:07, Football solution said:

This actually been Confirmed by anyone to do with St Austell? 

However if is true links between Taylor, eddy and Goldsworthy may have helped this along... if most stay inheriting good successful squad 

4 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Saltash to add 4-5 players from parkway 

Can't see why, parkway massively underachieved and finished 7th despite big budget. Maybe 1-2 to saltash but can't imagine saltash needing 4-5 players from parkway 

8 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Can't see why, parkway massively underachieved and finished 7th despite big budget. Maybe 1-2 to saltash but can't imagine saltash needing 4-5 players from parkway 

It's called bolstering your squad 

9 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Parkway actually spent a lot less than people thought. They tried to do things on a budget rather than just chucking cash at it. They tried to do it on a sustainable budget, but it didn't work

6 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Parkway actually spent a lot less than people thought. They tried to do things on a budget rather than just chucking cash at it. They tried to do it on a sustainable budget, but it didn't work

Haha 😂😂😂 I've read it all now on here !! 

frank de bouff likes this

May sound daft but it appears there are more managers up for 'transfer' than players at the moment - St Austell, Helston, Godolphin, Porthleven - and that's just the last couple of weeks??

19 hours ago, beacon said:

Haha 😂😂😂 I've read it all now on here !! 

Just look at Tyler Elliott. Was on £30 a game at Parkway, Tavistock offered him £70. He went to Parkway and asked if they'd match it and they refused as it wasn't in their budget to pay players that amount, so he left

THE BALD ONE likes this

Reliably informed by a friend of a cousin of a St.Austell supporter called Viv that Phillip Laffernty has approached St.Blazey about their vacant manager's position? Wants to help them & put something back in to his local football club, after seeing some good days looks like he is going to help them through their dark times. Well done if correct Phillip, that will test your managerial skills, be more of a challenge.

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Reliably informed by a friend of a cousin of a St.Austell supporter called Viv that Phillip Laffernty has approached St.Blazey about their vacant manager's position? Wants to help them & put something back in to his local football club, after seeing some good days looks like he is going to help them through their dark times. Well done if correct Phillip, that will test your managerial skills, be more of a challenge.

That was about three months ago Leeds !! As far as I'm aware the opportunity was turned down and I think your find its Saint Austell or nothing !!!

Lafs likes this

Heard a few people mention this one in the past few days:

Ed Timmons to St. Just

Bit of a step down, but if the money's right, he'll go anywhere.

With this topic going 2 run for weeks on end it will be interesting 2 see who goes where. Players or managers. With at least 3 if not 4 teams looking for promotion next season and only in my opinion a handful of decent players around, money is surely going 2 talk. Let's see who is where a few weeks into the season. Cause all we r doing is guessing unless you know more than I do

11 minutes ago, Juan Pelota said:

Heard a few people mention this one in the past few days:

Ed Timmons to St. Just

Bit of a step down, but if the money's right, he'll go anywhere.

Who is Ed Timmons? Where does he play?

4 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Who is Ed Timmons? Where does he play?

Playing for Falmouth Town at the moment. As Paul Pearce said, money talks!

Strong rumours that Falmouth Town stalwart Ed Timmons set to jump ship and put pen to paper at fellow Peninsula Premier side Stoke Gabriel. Money believed to be the main motivating factor.