Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WendronOfficial

Lockhart Cup Semi Final -TONIGHT 13/4/17

Exiles 5 - 2 Wendron 

great result for us today playing on the back pitch at Helston. 2.0 up at half time and I would say we deserved that score line if not a couple more after hitting Crossbar twice. I think today we managed to knock the ball around well at times and scored a couple of well worked goals. Wendron hit a couple of goals late on whilst we tried seeing the game out through a couple of injuries. Well contested game throughout with the standard handbags coming out from both sides. Always a joy to hear everyone's put  downs and we had a couple of shockers ourselves 😂. Good luck to wendron for the rest of their league season. 

Goal scorers 

Danny Earl 2x 

Daniel Burt 1x 

Rory Courtney 1x 

Josh Findlay 1x 

13 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Exiles 5 - 2 Wendron 

great result for us today playing on the back pitch at Helston. 2.0 up at half time and I would say we deserved that score line if not a couple more after hitting Crossbar twice. I think today we managed to knock the ball around well at times and scored a couple of well worked goals. Wendron hit a couple of goals late on whilst we tried seeing the game out through a couple of injuries. Well contested game throughout with the standard handbags coming out from both sides. Always a joy to hear everyone's put  downs and we had a couple of shockers ourselves 😂. Good luck to wendron for the rest of their league season. 

Goal scorers 

Danny Earl 2x 

Daniel Burt 1x 

Rory Courtney 1x 

Josh Findlay 1x 

Penwith better side over the 90 minutes credit Wendron never gave up and deservedly got couple late goals... Josh findlay best player on pitch before came off with knock I think, looking forward to our semi final with mabe next week to see who will play penwith in final mabe huge favourites especially with couple players recently having qualified to be eligible for them from elsewhere, but we will give it our all and one off cup game anything can happen 

37 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Penwith better side over the 90 minutes credit Wendron never gave up and deservedly got couple late goals... Josh findlay best player on pitch before came off with knock I think, looking forward to our semi final with mabe next week to see who will play penwith in final mabe huge favourites especially with couple players recently having qualified to be eligible for them from elsewhere, but we will give it our all and one off cup game anything can happen 

Like who??? 

10 hours ago, justin1 said:

Like who??? 

Kayne trevaskis being one,Ben kellow another I know they've played the amount of games you have too so it's in the rules even though Perranporth and Falmouth town are there main clubs !!! Looking forward to it we have nothing to lose everyone expects a mabe victory perfect 👌

Well done to penwith outstanding on the night wendron played to the end not giving up and got two deserved goals. Good luck to either mabe or illogan after seeing penwith lastnight they look strong and very well organised. The final is sure to be a cracker.

Who cares who plays, it's 11 vs 11 anything can happen, if mabe have to bring in players that aren't usually playing for them then feel privalaged that they feel the need to do that in order to beat you.

And as for last night was a good game until wendron went 3 down and started whinging and making sly remarks like little school children trying to provoke the exiles players, not gonna lie but I am glad we won't have to play against them next season not because of their footballing ability but because of how they are in general 😂😂

10 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

Kayne trevaskis being one,Ben kellow another I know they've played the amount of games you have too so it's in the rules even though Perranporth and Falmouth town are there main clubs !!! Looking forward to it we have nothing to lose everyone expects a mabe victory perfect 👌

You can beat them pal you only got luke murray to worry about the rest are average see you in the final good luck Justin an all at exiles..

Watched penwith play a few times this season, very good side with some very good players! However each time I've seen them play the lack of sportsmanship has been shocking, laughing at opposition players for miskicking and continuously reminding them of the score and league positions etc.

9 minutes ago, Sw47 said:

Watched penwith play a few times this season, very good side with some very good players! However each time I've seen them play the lack of sportsmanship has been shocking, laughing at opposition players for miskicking and continuously reminding them of the score and league positions etc.

You obviously hear only what you want to hear then. 

10 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Kane played against us for mabe

Making nothing of it I signed the form before the game to be fair I should imagine he has played better games. Yes we lost but had good banter on the pitch and back their pub after

On 14/04/2017 at 18:50, number 6 said:

And as for last night was a good game until wendron went 3 down and started whinging and making sly remarks like little school children trying to provoke the exiles players, not gonna lie but I am glad we won't have to play against them next season not because of their footballing ability but because of how they are in general 😂😂

Penwith were by far the better team and without doubt deserved the result on the night. You guys played the better football and there were a couple of top quality finishes for the first 2 goals. 

Regarding "whinging" and "sly" remarks, I'm sure the irony of your allegations won't be lost on any player or spectator that's witnessed your embarrassing antics during your period gracing the trelawny leagues. Feigning injury, whooping in losing players faces, players swearing directly at women and children, threatening linesmen etc etc etc

Strange how you personally only step up to make your comments when you feel safe that you won't be facing us again this or next season! 

Congratulations on your potential promotion and possible cup victories from all at Wendron,  I can guarantee that our 3rd team will relish the opportunity of sharing the pitch with you again at some point in the near future.

40 minutes ago, CRD said:

Penwith were by far the better team and without doubt deserved the result on the night. You guys played the better football and there were a couple of top quality finishes for the first 2 goals. 

Regarding "whinging" and "sly" remarks, I'm sure the irony of your allegations won't be lost on any player or spectator that's witnessed your embarrassing antics during your period gracing the trelawny leagues. Feigning injury, whooping in losing players faces, players swearing directly at women and children, threatening linesmen etc etc etc

Strange how you personally only step up to make your comments when you feel safe that you won't be facing us again this or next season! 

Congratulations on your potential promotion and possible cup victories from all at Wendron,  I can guarantee that our 3rd team will relish the opportunity of sharing the pitch with you again at some point in the near future.

Hahahaha, if I was going to take a wild stab in the dark I would assume you was the wendron captain....

The thing with wendron 3rd team is that when they aren't losing it's a tough game but when you realise the game is out of your reach or you start losing you turn into little bitches, you can moan about our players all you want, we are used to it, but as for embarrassing when we played you away your player headbutted our captain off the ball and in the last game your captain decided to boot him in the back of the knee whilst exiles were attacking, yeah we might be gobby and we enjoy playing football but can back it up with our abilities. 

We don't seek for approval off other teams but when we have played other teams in the league for example mabe and storm when we've been beating them it's still been a football match right till the end but you all try to have sly little digs your supporters/management are just as bad.

we thank you for your kind words and I'm sure if your lucky we could perhaps arrange a friendly for next year :)

all the best for this season and next season 

54 minutes ago, CRD said:

What a gimp lol must be the gobby lard arse in the middle yea the one that was mouthing of all game.. 

1 minute ago, number 6 said:

Hahahaha, if I was going to take a wild stab in the dark I would assume you was the wendron captain....

The thing with wendron 3rd team is that when they aren't losing it's a tough game but when you realise the game is out of your reach or you start losing you turn into little bitches, you can moan about our players all you want, we are used to it, but as for embarrassing when we played you away your player headbutted our captain off the ball and in the last game your captain decided to boot him in the back of the knee whilst exiles were attacking, yeah we might be gobby and we enjoy playing football but can back it up with our abilities. 

We don't seek for approval off other teams but when we have played other teams in the league for example mabe and storm when we've been beating them it's still been a football match right till the end but you all try to have sly little digs your supporters/management are just as bad.

we thank you for your kind words and I'm sure if your lucky we could perhaps arrange a friendly for next year :)

all the best for this season and next season 

Not the captain, no. He's not the chatty type, he'd probably rather let his actions do the talking.

You may not like the physically competitive nature of our players on the pitch, but at least we don't resort to swearing at women and children and threatening minors etc

I doubt mabe or storm reciprocate your sudden convenient  respect towards them.

No thanks on the "friendly", we'll earn our promotion or maybe catch you in a cup sometime. Thanks for the gracious offer tho!

13 minutes ago, CRD said:

Not the captain, no. He's not the chatty type, he'd probably rather let his actions do the talking.

You may not like the physically competitive nature of our players on the pitch, but at least we don't resort to swearing at women and children and threatening minors etc

No thanks on the "friendly", we'll earn our promotion or maybe catch you in a cup sometime. Thanks for the gracious offer tho!

his/the teams actions did do the talking 3 times this year and every time we had an answer which was 3 points. At the end of the day we all know what happens on a Saturday if your sitting behind your computer claiming the women in question never had a few choice words or yourself then your talking complete nonsense. It went both ways as it always does so it's best it's just left don't you think? 

13 minutes ago, CRD said:

Maybe that's the teams problem letting his actions do the talking dosent seem to work very well 😂😂

As for the physicality we relish that it's what gets us going but when it's intentional fouls and not hard challenging 50/50 tackles is abit different don't you think

stop talking so wet, the woman on the sideline is always shouting abuse at the players surely she must expect it back if she can give it??

we have respect for every team throughout all the leagues 

The offer for a friendly was a mear olive branch, you will never be in the same league as us, your the Everton of the leagues and have been for the last 3 seasons your always close to competing with the better teams but always find yourself miles out of reach from the real footballing teams, you only got promotion last year because the majority of the league got promotion.

look forward to meeting you again if you manage to get the call up to the second team one day

14 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

his/the teams actions did do the talking 3 times this year and every time we had an answer which was 3 points. At the end of the day we all know what happens on a Saturday if your sitting behind your computer claiming the women in question never had a few choice words or yourself then your talking complete nonsense. It went both ways as it always does so it's best it's just left don't you think? 

I absolutely agree with you, I wasn't the one to initially bring up "whinging" "sly" etc, maybe you should be giving your balanced advice to number 6?

7 minutes ago, number 6 said:

we have respect for every team throughout all the leagues 

The offer for a friendly was a mear olive branch, you will never be in the same league as us

Are you aware of how often you contradict yourself?

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 20:10, Sw47 said:

First post and team bashing obviously connected to Wendron..

1 hour ago, justin1 said:

First post and team bashing obviously connected to Wendron..

Bit hasty to make that assumption! 

The poster has praised your ability! Can you accept that?

Think there's some bad blood between the clubs, for whatever reason - which is a shame. But let's draw a line under it now. It's been and gone and a new season will be approaching. All the best Mr Justin and the rest of Penwith Exiles. 

The other semi final was last night at Penryn with mabe coming out 5-1 winners over Illogan 3rds! 

Mabe totally deserved the win we didn't really test mabe until last 20 minutes disappointing on our part but mabe were too good for us on night all over the park, down the spine they were very strong Adam barnicoat and Paul Hart at back were dominant, Ryan chinn who I thought was the best player on the pitch in midfield and in kayne trevaskis and luke Murray two proven goalscorers at higher level if give them opportunities they'll take them! And we made errors and they punished us... Quality side but the only downside was I felt a lot of arrogance from some of them I get there better than the standard there playing but they don't have to ridicule the opposition who's players are actually playing at the correct standard they should be, I get we wasn't up to standard some of your players has played against but felt personally no need of it your a good footballing side. Win Graciously! 

That said Penwith vs Mabe cracking final two best sides in league way it should be

56 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

The other semi final was last night at Penryn with mabe coming out 5-1 winners over Illogan 3rds! 

Mabe totally deserved the win we didn't really test mabe until last 20 minutes disappointing on our part but mabe were too good for us on night all over the park, down the spine they were very strong Adam barnicoat and Paul Hart at back were dominant, Ryan chinn who I thought was the best player on the pitch in midfield and in kayne trevaskis and luke Murray two proven goalscorers at higher level if give them opportunities they'll take them! And we made errors and they punished us... Quality side but the only downside was I felt a lot of arrogance from some of them I get there better than the standard there playing but they don't have to ridicule the opposition who's players are actually playing at the correct standard they should be, I get we wasn't up to standard some of your players has played against but felt personally no need of it your a good footballing side. Win Graciously! 

That said Penwith vs Mabe cracking final two best sides in league way it should be

fair write up there bud. was always going to be difficult for illogan especially midweek! 

4 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

We didn't see any of this arrogance in the 3.1 and 4.0 results when we have beaten them at their place this season? I wonder why 😏. I hope they bring this arrogance to the final because we will be looking to buried mabe again! Unlucky to you boys at illogan I honestly expected a closer score line after the midweek match! Good luck for your remaining league fixtures!! And hope to see a few of you boys at the final! 👍🏽👍🏽

4 hours ago, golong said:

fair write up there bud. was always going to be difficult for illogan especially midweek! 

We had no senior players just bunch that have played most of season we weren't good enough take it on chin and move on!

27 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

We didn't see any of this arrogance in the 3.1 and 4.0 results when we have beaten them at their place this season? I wonder why 😏. I hope they bring this arrogance to the final because we will be looking to buried mabe again! Unlucky to you boys at illogan I honestly expected a closer score line after the midweek match! Good luck for your remaining league fixtures!! And hope to see a few of you boys at the final! 👍🏽👍🏽

Yeah they had lots different faces who played this game didn't midweek as did we tbh we couldn't bring in the calibre of player they had available to bring in from elsewhere no issue it's In rules it was just some comments from there players left me very annoyed! we didnt have players who've played south Western etc no need to try and belittle your opposition we respect there ability but yeah sure few of us will watch the final be good watch, not gonna deny I want penwith to win either winning is great but there's decent way to do it 

6 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

We had no senior players just bunch that have played most of season we weren't good enough take it on chin and move on!

Yeah they had lots different faces who played this game didn't midweek as did we tbh we couldn't bring in the calibre of player they had available to bring in from elsewhere no issue it's In rules it was just some comments from there players left me very annoyed! we didnt have players who've played south Western etc no need to try and belittle your opposition we respect there ability but yeah sure few of us will watch the final be good watch, not gonna deny I want penwith to win either winning is great but there's decent way to do it 

Mabe brought in a few of their boys for the first fixture which we won 3.1. Don't get me wrong it's a decent team but the results against them this season they haven't been in the game!, I'm not surprised to hear about the belittling ect. I expect the final will be fiercely contested and a great watch! And hopefully bring a couple of their boys down a peg or two (AGAIN). Can't beat abit of rivalry :) 

8 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Mabe brought in a few of their boys for the first fixture which we won 3.1. Don't get me wrong it's a decent team but the results against them this season they haven't been in the game!, I'm not surprised to hear about the belittling ect. I expect the final will be fiercely contested and a great watch! And hopefully bring a couple of their boys down a peg or two (AGAIN). Can't beat abit of rivalry :) 

After hearing one of them say "if we concede to these Muppets we should all be shot " there is only one team in rooting for on the final 

Tbh though most were ok and able to joke with

I'm hoping the player who was dropped to bench for the game and left at half time was due to work commitments and not what happened to him at the game 

totaly agree, on a personal I thought the mabe centre backs (older boys) got it abit more than some of the other players. I had a couple of mabe lads moaning about these "higher standard" players. also a couple of the "higher standard" played she telling me I take it to seriously. Maybe the reason they are out the league title this season?. All in all sets up for a brilliant final! 

It does indeed bud and feel sorry for those who get dropped for them .. Even at 5 up the subs who played Tuesday vs us didn't even get a chance to come on and only bought on Luke Murray as he was running late

Feel sorry for those lads

Least for you guys u do rotate players but all penwith at heart

mabe vs penwith cup final , i may have to go watch this both line up with good players , im going for a penwith win simply because they perform in big matches and get the job done! thats coming from playing against them plenty of times 

3 hours ago, ian beale said:

When and where is the final? Should be a good game 

Sunday 7th may at wendron by all accounts to games to be played one at 13.00 and one at 16.00. 

6 hours ago, erby ruin said:

After hearing one of them say "if we concede to these Muppets we should all be shot " there is only one team in rooting for on the final 

Tbh though most were ok and able to joke with

I'm hoping the player who was dropped to bench for the game and left at half time was due to work commitments and not what happened to him at the game 

We had it last game up there where we were called a bunch of cunts by some gimp that was warning them up b4 the game only fired us up more we let the football do the talking and won 4_0.. 

Mabe 1st (and many of the others involved) are off to Falmouth town next season which doesn't surprise me!

another pre season merry go round of players and managers, leaking their poor old clubs in their wake!

the Trelawny league AGM should be interesting this season with the amount of gaps they'll have to fill I expect all clubs in division 4 will gain promotion at this rate! 😂