Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theboyweeso

Applications for Promotion to, and within the SWP League

46 posts in this topic

Surely the league can't allow the decision to be overturned as the has had knockon effects to other teams. For example, I know Newquay have rested players in certain games since the decision was made and confirmed in order to take vital points in games there were winnable against Witheridge which they won both and allowing players to rest against teams like St Austell and Saltash and took hammerings, if they knew Tiverton wanted to stay up the Newquay would've put their strongest team out in all the games as would've needed the points. Also as Bobjfh said in the game vs Godolphin these decision to give the game at 3-0 wouldn't have happened and the 3 points would be up for grabs in a replay.

Why would there be a play off? 2 down from the premier and champions of East and West go up. 

Bottom of both East and West get relegated and replaced. 

Have I missed something? 

On Tue Apr 18 2017 at 06:27, leedsunited said:

Why would that be Paul? The season is not yet over so no final standings has been affected, what's the problem!?

Hardly fair on Newquay who won their games to stay up because weeks ago Tiveryon announced they were pulling out the league. Except for a miracle Newquay were safe. Now all of a sudden Tiverton might carry on. Either your going to or not. Make your mind up. 

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

hy would there be a play off? 2 down from the premier and champions of East and West go up. 

Bottom of both East and West get relegated and replaced. 

Have I missed something? 

Is it because two from East And West (4) should be relegated but it is anticipated only  three from the feeder leagues qualify?

Bearing in mind only one allowed from any feeder league

btw being selfish I hope Tiverton remain in the Premier as I missed my lift (breakdown in communication) to Ladysmead this season

7 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Surely the league can't allow the decision to be overturned as the has had knockon effects to other teams. For example, I know Newquay have rested players in certain games since the decision was made and confirmed in order to take vital points in games there were winnable against Witheridge which they won both and allowing players to rest against teams like St Austell and Saltash and took hammerings, if they knew Tiverton wanted to stay up the Newquay would've put their strongest team out in all the games as would've needed the points. Also as Bobjfh said in the game vs Godolphin these decision to give the game at 3-0 wouldn't have happened and the 3 points would be up for grabs in a replay.

What rubbish. Keep the better teams in the league, very very naive of any club to believe anything until its rubber stamped. Play to the whistle. Talk is cheap, every team will be at it next season if the league excepted that excuse! You can't say a team who has picked up 16 points all season & conceded a million goals would of played better players & not rested players & won more games, If it was that easy why are they at the bottom, that's the funniest thing on the forum for years! I believe being 3-0 down in the 86th minute against Godolphin the result would stand anyway? 

quiksilver and Blues10 like this

"Talk is cheap", what isn't cheap is Bodmins weekly wage budget, talking about what teams shouldn't be in the league, imagine if Bodmin actually had the ambition to go for promotion once every ten years instead of just spending cash on players that are only travel the distance for the money. Load of rubbish, bit ironic, most posts are putting Newquay in a negative light when you don't see the problems they have and are doing and excellent job of bring homegrown players through. The decision that was better has absolutely had an impact on how Newquay have organised themselves even if their season has been terrible which I agree it has been.