Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

russellkeeble

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

If what I have heard is correct then Truro City could be ground sharing with another Cornish club next season which I assume would mean dropping down a few leagues. This I believe is another option if we have to vacate Treyew Road at the end of this season and its not Malpas Park Older.:c:

44 minutes ago, John Mead said:

There's no ground in Cornwall which even comes close to compliance with B Grade requirements and, apart from Argyle, Exeter and Torquay, nothing in Devon either! Facilities required for National Leagues Rugby are far removed from those for the round ball.

I don't see what the great difference is between what there is at TCFC and a bit of work somewhere else to get the same set up.

A few cheapy stands ....that's about it  (?)

When the retail funding dried up that signalled the start of the slide.

All that happened was designed to keep the first team going ... nothing else was of interest.

And at the bottom of it all from day one of the momentous climb up the leagues, funded on money borrowed against the land, and more recently funded by the dream of the retail park   .....was how much could be made.

TCFC have never had any of the money, always in the hands of others, and the mugs bought the charade on the promise of league football LMFAO here - it was - and never will happen

Football never really bothered any of them, it was just a means to an end - and the end has started.

Down a few leagues, more like down to Malpas in the end.

7 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

The people of Truro and indeed Cornwall have shown , by not supporting the club by attending matches, that , in reality, there is little appetite for anything more than SWL football.

The fact that Truro City have made it to National League South without any substantial local support shows just how much the current regime have shouldered responsibilities that at most other clubs are shared with supporters. The city of Truro does not deserve a club playing at the current level.

Hey Postie boy TCFC does not deserve you !!!!!

1 hour ago, TREYEW 1970 said:

Hey Postie boy TCFC does not deserve you !!!!!

Truro Postie , now there is a name , Cornwall support  for Truro ?  Look most people on the forums in  some way support other clubs  most games on a Saturday so we're was the support supposedly to come from  ?  Now there are football fans that follow local football  not one club , so these would be the floating fans you were looking for  but and remember this Cornwall is a low income area , to pay to get in  would cost a fair portion  of their earnings , perhaps if costs were  reduced for say any midweek games more would come and support  , so more income through the gates more money in food and drink sales , simple really ,  Truro fans are very loyal and have had the highs but now there seems to be a low on the horizon , a good post from Reno ,  when there was a reserve team in the SWPL they had a lot of fans which traveled to games lots of local games and rivalry , the fans and committee members said that they felt detached from the club and it was like two teams not a club  before they were dropped .

26 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I know that this isn't exactly pertinent to the topic, but I was just reading on BBC Cornwall the comments by the Chairman about the Manager. It basically says I don't really rate him but I'm stuck with him.

That must make for a wonderful working atmosphere 

I do believe the Chairman was questioning Lee Hodges constant team changes,when the Chairman would prefer a more settled line up.

Well Mr Chairman,if you did'nt bring in this stupid idea of loaning players for 28 days,and using non contract players,coming and going,Lee may have had a settled squad,to pick from.

I think it is now approaching 40 players that have come and gone so far this season,and the Chairman blames Lee about team selection.

Dear me.

Said it before, time & time again, Mr Masters is acting as a puppet for Kevin Heaney. Kevin is not going to pump in substantial investment & then just walk away. Truro could however flex their financial muscle & make a mockery of the local leagues if they were to drop down & win everything for the next 10 years as the they would have more money to offer & better facilities to offer players. I can just see Truro in the Swpl league, the CCFA would have a nightmare on their hands as they would probably walk the league & every cup competition

31 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Said it before, time & time again, Mr Masters is acting as a puppet for Kevin Heaney. Kevin is not going to pump in substantial investment & then just walk away. Truro could however flex their financial muscle & make a mockery of the local leagues if they were to drop down & win everything for the next 10 years as the they would have more money to offer & better facilities to offer players. I can just see Truro in the Swpl league, the CCFA would have a nightmare on their hands as they would probably walk the league & every cup competition

No they would not....you need money to win the league you're in....and they are a busted flush.....no bucks to call their own.

OH (!) I nearly forgot ......they don't have pitch either, hand to mouth on that one.

Unless they ground share with Torquay.....now that would be interesting in the league they are going to end up in.......Trelawney premier maybe.

One word describes why I haven't attended home games this season.

M A I D S T O N E

That brought shame onto the "City of Truro". I like others did not get an apology, I got a ban which still stands to anything Truro City but not from games because I have not committed any football related offence, I don't think saying Silver Bow would never be built counts. 

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 16:57, Mikeyburnsey said:

I knew this would be the outcome, WE have have been MUGGGED by TRURO CITY OWNERS . he calls me rude in a telephone call last month for talking about the club and falling attendance.  WELL I WAS RIGHT   HE will now asked  that the club be demoted to lower leagues he is a JOKE   and I am sorry to all at TISA when we was told this years ago  HOW right they are . NO wonder he wanted them kept quite.  WELL I hope he  now, and let  the fans  who loves the club run it .

GET PM OUT NOW

Mikey, have you checked your latest status re social media postings with information associated with Truro City and the Chairman to be met with a BARRED notice, I was barred for something I have no contact from the club about so still don't know the reason why. Yes people do vote with their feet when alienated and that appears to have been the plan in recent times.

A Sir Bobby Robson quote I picked up in Dortmund printed on the opening page of an F A approved publication in association with the Football Supporters Federation for yesterday's Germany v England game.

It's the NOISE, the passion, The feeling of BELONGING  The pride in your City.

....It's a small boy.... clamoring up Stadium Steps gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf Beneath him and, without being able to .....do a thing about it ..... falling in love.

THE ABOVE JUST ABOUT SUMS UP WHAT STARTED IT ALL OFF FOR MOST OF US AND SUMS UP OUR FOOTBALL PASSION.

Too much to lose Truro City.

Didn't Treyew Roads latest planning permission include some sort of covenant saying a stadium had to be built for football?

13 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Mikey, have you checked your latest status re social media postings with information associated with Truro City and the Chairman to be met with a BARRED notice, I was barred for something I have no contact from the club about so still don't know the reason why. Yes people do vote with their feet when alienated and that appears to have been the plan in recent times.

I am hurt  NOT  If I am Barred so BE It at least I don't tell tall stories on how to change the face of Cornish Football  GET PM OUT GET THE FANS IN 

21 hours ago, John Mead said:

There's no ground in Cornwall which even comes close to compliance with B Grade requirements and, apart from Argyle, Exeter and Torquay, nothing in Devon either! Facilities required for National Leagues Rugby are far removed from those for the round ball.

Truro City FC have agreed a mechanism in principle with Bodmin Town Football Club and The National League to ground share at Priory Park for next season, should the need arise.

To facilitate the move, Truro City will improve the facilities at Priory Park and upgrade the ground from its existing Grade G to Grade B to accommodate National League South football requirements.

The improvements to Bodmin Town will take place during the close season subject to final agreement between all parties.

Do you believe that the ground will be upgraded to B, or is this more lies?    Now we can all see why Truro sacked a manager that nearly got the club promoted and the use of so many players this season, I feel For Lee and his staff, I hope to god he can keep Truro up, then lets see if our Chairman keeps to his promise. 

OR will we start in the lower leagues ?  Should start a POLL will Truro stay up  and Get rid of PM 

On 22/03/2017 at 20:37, somersetspur said:

Never thought I would see the day.

Mickey Burns getting compliments on TISA's social media pages.lol

And may I say,well deserved.

Takes balls to admit you may have got something wrong.Fair play.

would i be allowed to come back to TISA website and see for myself ;-)

If it is as has been written, the only grounds that Truro can share are Torquay, Exteter and Plymouth, unless they take up the option of Torquay then they will HAVE to take the other option, a trip down the leagues, to what level though and where to groundshare..

22 hours ago, John Mead said:

There could be some business ground work coming Darren Gilberts way

Rumours that were going around last year was that Bodmin offered to help TCFC,for this season,but the Club to even reply with an answer.

Now it looks like Masters has gone running back to Bodmin,to help him out this season.

A desperate man.

With politition's now getting involved with TCFC,and their future,Masters looks like he is up a river without a paddle.

42 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

If it is as has been written, the only grounds that Truro can share are Torquay, Exteter and Plymouth, unless they take up the option of Torquay then they will HAVE to take the other option, a trip down the leagues, to what level though and where to groundshare..

If that is true,this Bodmin groundshare,may not be the good news everyone is saying it is.

1 hour ago, karaoke said:

So will that be the end of their ECPL team?

This season they have played a home game at a ground where only one team plays - Nanpean (better Truro go there!!) and last season at Salt Mill. It would be a shame if the seconds did fold or be forced to play elsewhere. REDEVELOP BUGLE!!!

It's a shame the old faithful Westheath ground is no more!

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

They could play down Malpas Park, Older would like that.

Malpas park ....council owned.

Priory park ......council owned.

Not a great deal of difference there then, they've ended up on a council pitch sooner than I thought they would :yahoo:

Bodmins pitch taking a game every week - that's going to be interesting.....not the best pitch around exactly.

35 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Malpas park ....council owned.

Priory park ......council owned.

Not a great deal of difference there then, they've ended up on a council pitch sooner than I thought they would :yahoo:

Bodmins pitch taking a game every week - that's going to be interesting.....not the best pitch around exactly.

I trust you know many better grounds?

Is this an April fools gag a week too soon? Are there not  ground grading standards to reach by the end of the month. If it is true then I feel really sorry for the many clubs up and down the country who will miss out on promotion or entering national cup competitions because of some tiny problem.

4 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Priory Park here we come, with a few ground improvements we could still keep our league status. That's if we move out of Treyew Road!

A bit more than "a few ground improvements" - another stand, upgrading the seats in the current one, more hard standing, more turnstiles, probably upgrading the external fencing, sorting out segregation points, etc. etc. etc.

A couple of points.

If Silver Bow can not be built due to costings have Helican Barr a plan to put in planning for Silver Bow Mark II?

If not where is there another viable site in the Truro area apart from the one on the Falmouth Road?

The ground share at Bodmin, is it permanent if no ground built in Truro?

Are Helican and Mr Masters/Perryman trying to force the hand of the County Council to come up with some funding to help build Silver Bow or other pitch. 

Will there be a player-share between Bodmin and Truro?

Will there be cheap coach travel for home supporters of Truro to get up to Bodmin?

Will County Cup games like the Senior Cup take preference over Truro home games?

Will there be two sets of prices for things like cups of tea, pints, pasties?

Etc, etc, etc?

The "news" was carefully worded and only a "strategy" was actually agreed. They would need dispensation from the FA to extend the deadline beyond 31st March - which could be the biggest obstacle they face. A ground share also poses questions about which Club/League has priority for fixtures; no discussions with SWPL about the proposal. We live in interesting times!

If the retail park goes ahead, they have to build the ground don't they??? If that is the case, then if they have changed their mind, as it's no longer financial viable. If they are not building the retail park, then can't they sell the ground back to the club?? If not rent it to them anyway. If they are no longer building the retail park, I expect Truro will continue playing there next season.