• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
russellkeeble

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

199 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

It will never happen, after so many dates i have lost faith with the owners  and to be called rude because I dare to ask   shows someone is losing the plot 

Well my new house is looking good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting quote on a media website.

Dont know if it is true.

But they say a planning application have been approved,at SilverBow site,for Stables,Offices and a Gymnasium.

Plan  B, maybe.?????????????????

Mikeyburnsey likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Interesting quote on a media website.

Dont know if it is true.

But they say a planning application have been approved,at SilverBow site,for Stables,Offices and a Gymnasium.

Plan  B, maybe.?????????????????

WOAH BOY!!!!!! pull yer reigns in.......WHAT!!!!! no football stadium.....giddy up yer havin a larf.

More money in stables and a gym.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Interesting quote on a media website.

Dont know if it is true.

But they say a planning application have been approved,at SilverBow site,for Stables,Offices and a Gymnasium.

Plan  B, maybe.?????????????????

Well Somersetspur, Cornwall Council has an online planning register so you will be able to find it on there if it's true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

You need to look again, this time more carefully!

From the planning application associated document http://docs.planning.cornwall.gov.uk/rpp/index.asp?caseref=PA16/06952

" The site currently benefits from outline planning permission for Truro City Football Club's replacement football facilities and conditional planning permission for a replacement dwelling and associated buildings.  The fact that these permissions are capable of being implemented is a material consideration."

"The reports were produced to accompany PA15/03405 - Outline planning permission for development at Silver Bow, comprising the construction of a replacement football pitch....................The site area for the current application is the same as that of the approved outline permission."

 

Close enough?

 

somersetspur likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

From the planning application associated document http://docs.planning.cornwall.gov.uk/rpp/index.asp?caseref=PA16/06952

" The site currently benefits from outline planning permission for Truro City Football Club's replacement football facilities and conditional planning permission for a replacement dwelling and associated buildings.  The fact that these permissions are capable of being implemented is a material consideration."

"The reports were produced to accompany PA15/03405 - Outline planning permission for development at Silver Bow, comprising the construction of a replacement football pitch....................The site area for the current application is the same as that of the approved outline permission."

 

Close enough?

 

That's what I would call an each way bet.

cat weasel and somersetspur like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2017 at 20:58, cornishteddyboy said:

A quick question. 

If Truro were relegated at the end of the season, is there any ground in Cornwall, apart from theirs that would pass ground grading for the Southern League Premier?

Perhaps there is a ground that would only need a few tweeks to it's infrastructure.

I know they could not share (if there was such a ground) next season as it would be too late but possibly the season after as Silver Bow does not look like it is taking off for the start of 1918/19 season even.

As things stand Truro City would escape relegation, personally my number one fear is Truro City will take voluntary relegation, without any grounds in Cornwall being of Southern League standard we could be required to drop to the Western Premier league or if what I read a couple of weeks ago (a suggested drop to the South West Peninsula League) which was alleged to be the most likely preference from the football club hierarchy.

A hard pill to swallow could be that the club could only afford to survive if dropping to the lower level and retaining existing support or more bearing in mind the vast reduction in admission charges, if that should happen an early pre season PR exercise would need to be put into place and possibly a campaign to sell as many season tickets as possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

As things stand Truro City would escape relegation, personally my number one fear is Truro City will take voluntary relegation, without any grounds in Cornwall being of Southern League standard we could be required to drop to the Western Premier league or if what I read a couple of weeks ago (a suggested drop to the South West Peninsula League) which was alleged to be the most likely preference from the football club hierarchy.

A hard pill to swallow could be that the club could only afford to survive if dropping to the lower level and retaining existing support or more bearing in mind the vast reduction in admission charges, if that should happen an early pre season PR exercise would need to be put into place and possibly a campaign to sell as many season tickets as possible.

 

Ashes to ashes - dust to dust.....R.I.P. the dream.

Built on selling your ground - and your dignity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i heard the full interview with hard hiiting questions from laurence Reed (BBC Radio cornwall sports news 1-05pm.

Hoping to declare the ground situation by end of next week and pleading to the people in power to vote with Truro city F C  at heart.-Plainmoor is an option but not the desired one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thinking he is dragging out the announcement about staying at Treyew Road for another season so he can claim he has pulled off some master stroke (no pun intended) when the reality is that JIL would have no interest in evicting Truro City when they are nowhere near having anybody ready to move in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willow Tree said:

Silver Bow "is not financially viable" - Peter Masters

Do you mean,SilverBow may not be built.?

No,really.

Where is Russell Keeble.????????????

What do the OSC think.?

Oh sorry they dont.

More rubbish from the Chairman.It dont look like his plans,are going to happen.

TREYEW 1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Never-Pay-Never said:

I thinking he is dragging out the announcement about staying at Treyew Road for another season so he can claim he has pulled off some master stroke (no pun intended) when the reality is that JIL would have no interest in evicting Truro City when they are nowhere near having anybody ready to move in.

You mean ,the same thing he done last year.

Worked so hard to get another season at Treyew Rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew this would be the outcome, WE have have been MUGGGED by TRURO CITY OWNERS . he calls me rude in a telephone call last month for talking about the club and falling attendance.  WELL I WAS RIGHT   HE will now asked  that the club be demoted to lower leagues he is a JOKE   and I am sorry to all at TISA when we was told this years ago  HOW right they are . NO wonder he wanted them kept quite.  WELL I hope he  now, and let  the fans  who loves the club run it .

 

GET PM OUT NOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

I knew this would be the outcome, WE have have been MUGGGED by TRURO CITY OWNERS . he calls me rude in a telephone call last month for talking about the club and falling attendance.  WELL I WAS RIGHT   HE will now asked  that the club be demoted to lower leagues he is a JOKE   and I am sorry to all at TISA when we was told this years ago  HOW right they are . NO wonder he wanted them kept quite.  WELL I hope he  now, and let  the fans  who loves the club run it .

 

GET PM OUT NOW

Never thought I would see the day.

Mickey Burns getting compliments on TISA's social media pages.lol

And may I say,well deserved.

Takes balls to admit you may have got something wrong.Fair play.

Mikeyburnsey likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is slightly tangental to the discussion, but has a bit of a bearing on what the club might be trying to achieve with Silver Bow. 

How important is it to remain in the National League South? Although it has been a proud time to follow the team as it scaled heights never before reached by a Cornish football team, and the prospect of them getting promoted last season was a tantalising one, I'm not sure it is a priority for me. It is unlikely the club in its current guise could find the resources to compete seriously at the next level up, after all.

If the club was to drop down to the Southern League Premier (or even Division One South and West), but was able to compete more competitively year-in and year-out, would that be such a bad thing?

If the move up to NLS and beyond had prompted a large and lucrative increase in matchday crowds, remaining in this division would be crucial. But, if anything, a proportion of the crowd has melted away, not helped by the unedifying football currently being served up. 

I place greater emphasis on watching the team play entertaining, passionate football than grinding away and achieving nothing for season after season, and it seems likely that last year was an anomaly and the resources are no longer there to repeat it. 

I still believe football clubs should strive for betterment, but this doesn't necessarily mean finishing 17th in NLS is preferable to being (perhaps) top ten in the league below. In my opinion, Truro could put a bit of focus into improving itself in other long-term ways - by working to build a broader fanbase, to improve its links with the local community and widening participation by restarting a reserve team or two.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I'd still follow Truro if they dropped down a couple of leagues and had to ground share with another (reasonably local) club. Do we need Silver Bow? Would such a facility secure the club's long-term future or simply end up being a millstone around its neck? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just now, somersetspur said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

 

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

Your right.There is a lot of false information around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

Really ?  How much longer for TFC fans have to wait ? These are the people who through thick and thin follow their team , remember it is their team ,   patience ???? They have been answers needed  not more BS .

somersetspur and Mikeyburnsey like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Really ?  How much longer for TFC fans have to wait ? These are the people who through thick and thin follow their team , remember it is their team ,   patience ???? They have been answers needed  not more BS .

Were they following when they were a mediocre SWL team, struggling in a re-election battle and crowds of 50? Before Kevin Heaney came in with the pound notes and a promise of Football League within ten years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people of Truro and indeed Cornwall have shown , by not supporting the club by attending matches, that , in reality, there is little appetite for anything more than SWL football.

The fact that Truro City have made it to National League South without any substantial local support shows just how much the current regime have shouldered responsibilities that at most other clubs are shared with supporters. The city of Truro does not deserve a club playing at the current level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

The people of Truro and indeed Cornwall have shown , by not supporting the club by attending matches, that , in reality, there is little appetite for anything more than SWL football.

The fact that Truro City have made it to National League South without any substantial local support shows just how much the current regime have shouldered responsibilities that at most other clubs are shared with supporters. The city of Truro does not deserve a club playing at the current level.

Or another way to look at it is that the owners, by divorcing the club from the community and failing to develop any kind of commercial activity beyond matchday therefore making the club unsustainable and taking the easy money from developers which to a large extent, funded the club until the start of this season have proved, that they are not fit and proper people to run a football club.  The alienation of loyal supporters is totally their fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reserve team,shafted.

Youth set up discarded.

Ladies team kicked into touch.

Terrible Club PR,no commercial enterprise.

Employees booted out of jobs.

No social events,at the Club house,which is only opened up on match days.

Sacked one of TCFC best managers after achieving Truro's highest ever League position.

Oh yes,this current regime are really shouldering responsibilities

stevieb and riggins74 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post somersetspur.

My personal thoughts maybe a little blinkered as I worked with Steve M and Peter very closely in my tenure managing the Peninsula side. Moving away from the issues I had with Pete ( which there were many)  the club died  when the reserves were pull out of the SWL West Divison, I made personal phone calls to Rob and JB who took over the reigns when i resigned and warned them of the transition i could see occurring, without being too patronising my thoughts were correct within months. The heart of the club was in the reserves team, players that had played from youth football right through to playing at a senior level for the club.  Steve Massey attempted to get the best players from local football to play at the highest leve, well within budget, no major high flying aspirations that could not be achieved, it was all pretty sustainable.   Peter had very different ideas and not coming from a football background it was obvious that the club would be where they are at this current time.

I think i could have written a book of craziness that was happening behind the scenes whilst i was managing the side, but i left with good memories and in in the top 5, I continue to have a good friendship with Steve and lots of the players of the club who now have unfortunately moved to new pastures. I wish all the real Truro City fans the best for the future and bring back your reserves, it's your history not a Toy. 

 

Reno  

 

 

Rayvon, stevieb, MOUNTAINEER and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Hayle Rugby Club's ground having planning permission for a new retail development, they have the cash and are planning a new ground/club, etc. Ideal for Truro to groundshare once the site is up and running. Will be close to A30 so easy for travelling supporters. Last I heard it was going to be possibly built on the left between Hayle and Connor Down just above the garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a mess ,  Truros fans must be spitting feathers as,. Looks like the only option is ground share ?  But where locally as , Torquay would probably be the last straw for the club . Sad times for Cornwall's highest placed team ,  perhaps a group can take over the reigns and regroup will take a big effort but there must be old players , ex committee members who want to save their club ., Not looking good at this moment for Truros future .

somersetspur and grim reaper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a rugby ground be acceptable? Redruth, Camborne and Pirates have decent grounds but not sure of the logistics. Even if it is for a season or two. All closer than Torquay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no ground in Cornwall which even comes close to compliance with B Grade requirements and, apart from Argyle, Exeter and Torquay, nothing in Devon either! Facilities required for National Leagues Rugby are far removed from those for the round ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0