Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Keith B

Arsenal and Wenger.

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

After missing out this season,its not a big deal.

Funny how it was for 19 years.

It's a big deal ????? No way , in 19 years  Arsenal have made one final appearance  100% record in losing that , it affects getting players to the club  the top ones , not that Arsenal can get or have been in the select top European sides , the main reason is our owner .19 years of taking in big bucks for the club  money seems and you don't have to have a good education to see the club is about making money lots of it . Can Arsenal and Arsene keep Sanchez ?  With eighteen months left on his contract  ,  probably be gone and Ozil will stay , now if Arsene  stays and no Champs league can he attract the players the club needs  or. Will we get the usual I nearly signed x, y, z  went to their  house blah blah  , another twist will the fans buy season tickets with only the pub cup to watch on a Thursday night,  the board needs to make a statement asap on where the club is going be it Arsene at the helm  or changes in personal  , but this is Arsenal plc not Arsenal football club , as I have been told in the past it is a business first with shareholders more important than fans and trophies ,  

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

After missing out this season,its not a big deal.

Funny how it was for 19 years.

My sense of humour ssss  , wasted on yourself 

13 FA cups a record ,  played really well  deserved win ,  should have been more , but the cup goes to the red half of North London  ,  another trophy  for the only team in North London   and creating history again .

For older there's a song going through my mind Silence is Golden , another one ,Happy Days are here again  , or for SSS  London's calling , Arsenal the most successful London club with a long and great HISTORY  of TROPHIES won .

5 hours ago, stevieb said:

For older there's a song going through my mind Silence is Golden , another one ,Happy Days are here again  , or for SSS  London's calling , Arsenal the most successful London club with a long and great HISTORY  of TROPHIES won .

Your singing is awful.....try humming it - quietly (!)

On 3/20/2017 at 10:23, somersetspur said:

Fantastic news,Wenger will be offered a new 2 year contract.

Come on Arsene,you know it makes sense.Sign it,and makes loads more money for you and the board.

Remember,you heard it first right here,on the 3rd of March

All the rubbish being said that the Cup win got him a new contract.

Its great news for all YIDS.North London supremacy to continue for 2 more years,while Wenger and the board fleece their Club,Stan might even buy another ranch.

13 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Its great news for all YIDS.North London supremacy to continue for 2 more years,while Wenger and the board fleece their Club,Stan might even buy another ranch.

Supremacy in everything except winning trophies!!! Long may it continue. 

23 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

Supremacy in everything except winning trophies!!! Long may it continue. 

You seem to have a lot to say,for some-one with no connection to North London,or are you a closet goon,? or is there no interest in your team.?

4 hours ago, somersetspur said:

I think it was an open secret SSS , the board don't have a plan B in place for when he leaves , you are spot on about silent Satan and making money ,  not so sure about  supremacy in North London  change for both clubs with players leaving just depends on who they can recruit , I will be generous to spuds as you have a good manager but the problems will arise when other more elite European clubs come calling for him and the likes of Ali , afraid money talks  .

11 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I think it was an open secret SSS , the board don't have a plan B in place for when he leaves , you are spot on about silent Satan and making money ,  not so sure about  supremacy in North London  change for both clubs with players leaving just depends on who they can recruit , I will be generous to spuds as you have a good manager but the problems will arise when other more elite European clubs come calling for him and the likes of Ali , afraid money talks  .

So Im an outsider looking in,and I think Wenger staying is great.

I think after winning the Cup,it was a great time for him to walk with his head held high.

Now I can only see it ending one way.

What is your honest opinion,is it good or bad for Arsenal,with Wenger staying.

Arsene Wenger commands over a 57% win ratio for Arsenal football club. What makes that remarkable is the period of time that percentage relates to. Nearly 700 games. Ponch at Spurs isn't doing half bad, with over 50%, but far fewer games, and of course, remains trophy-less. Wenger has won 3 trophies in the last 4 seasons alone. Something Spurs and The Ponch can only dream of. Take the mickey all you like, trophies are hard to come by, and the Arsenal manager has got quite a few under his belt.

10 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

What is your honest opinion,is it good or bad for Arsenal,with Wenger staying.

I'm always honest. I am neither a Wenger must stay or Wenger must go man. If he stays, apparently what is happening, I'm happy. If he goes, I would be excited as the club would be entering a new era. Either way, the manager gets my support, whoever he is.

4 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Arsene Wenger commands over a 57% win ratio for Arsenal football club. What makes that remarkable is the period of time that percentage relates to. Nearly 700 games. Ponch at Spurs isn't doing half bad, with over 50%, but far fewer games, and of course, remains trophy-less. Wenger has won 3 trophies in the last 4 seasons alone. Something Spurs and The Ponch can only dream of. Take the mickey all you like, trophies are hard to come by, and the Arsenal manager has got quite a few under his belt.

So ,Wenger staying is a good thing.

You agree with me.

You think he will be crap, I know that. His record speaks volumes though. I don't listen to the media crap, ex-players spouting off their rubbish, I look at the situation as a whole. He knows what he is doing. Sadly, the gap between the trophies, the barren years, is there for all to see. But that was when he was having to sell players to keep money in the bank for the new stadium. All that time, somehow he still managed to keep the team in the top 4. And unlike others, I have nothing against whoever owns the club. What they do with their money is up to them. As a fan, of course I want to see wins on the pitch. But owners want to see much more, the gate receipts, the shirt sales, the other incomes......stuff the fans don't give a monkey about. That is football nowadays. He will be ok and continue to do well.

I think Wengers,best days are behind him,some of his team selections and tactic's had me scratching my head last season.

As I said before,I believe after Arsenal won the Cup,he could have walked with his head held high.

But there is more to it than football,Wenger virtually runs the Club his way,and makes the owners and himself a lot of money.

Wenger know's things look difficult next season,the Europa League on a Thursday night is a mare.Ask anyone.

Plus the WENGER OUT brigade,will not wait to get stuck into him,when things start to go wrong.

I think he is on a hiding to nothing.

Sack him or back him , that was the boards call , agree with SSS he could have left with his head held high , pressure is on in the league for next season. With Wenger out fans getting on his back , some valid points from yourself and Mangle  , the board have a lot to answer to with a drawn out contract , this should have been put to bed last season and then the fans would know what is happening and the media wouldn't have anything to report which has been in truth the big story for them . Silent Satan is not a football fan he came out two seasons back and told the AST that trophies were not a priority  a business model is what he cares about  his sport franchise makes money for him but don't win anything ( apart from Arsenal)   .The fans were told moving to the Emirates would create the revenue to buy and compete with Europes best , this hasn't happened . The players have to look at themselves as well , why couldn't they play like that earlier in the season , fast moving football which is great to watch . Personally I think Arsene should  move upstairs after twelve months but overseeing the changing of the guard .

41 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The Europa cup has messed Tottenham up for the last two seasons.

Not. This season older  ,  spuds have played some great football this season and deserve to be second in the league  , Arsenal have had a big dip in results league wise , but then you look at utd in the league and the money spent and they were behind Arsenal and Arsenal fans have been generally peed  off  with how their club have done , they still have two cups so Maureen goes under the radar again . You won't see me complimentary to your club very often .

40 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Sack him or back him , that was the boards call , agree with SSS he could have left with his head held high , pressure is on in the league for next season. With Wenger out fans getting on his back , some valid points from yourself and Mangle  , the board have a lot to answer to with a drawn out contract , this should have been put to bed last season and then the fans would know what is happening and the media wouldn't have anything to report which has been in truth the big story for them . Silent Satan is not a football fan he came out two seasons back and told the AST that trophies were not a priority  a business model is what he cares about  his sport franchise makes money for him but don't win anything ( apart from Arsenal)   .The fans were told moving to the Emirates would create the revenue to buy and compete with Europes best , this hasn't happened . The players have to look at themselves as well , why couldn't they play like that earlier in the season , fast moving football which is great to watch . Personally I think Arsene should  move upstairs after twelve months but overseeing the changing of the guard .

Not. This season older  ,  spuds have played some great football this season and deserve to be second in the league  , Arsenal have had a big dip in results league wise , but then you look at utd in the league and the money spent and they were behind Arsenal and Arsenal fans have been generally peed  off  with how their club have done , they still have two cups so Maureen goes under the radar again . You won't see me complimentary to your club very often .

:c:

It happens nearly every season with Arsenal. Players contracts running down then a panic that the players won't sign up , and surprise we have another player with the power over the negotiations  , we had it with cesc,  van purse strings now Sanchez  , this is a problem ,  now who ever sorts out the contracts needs to go and get a better  person for the job  , surely common sense with a contract running down try to sort out earlier rather than latter .

On 05/07/2017 at 17:58, somersetspur said:

Thank the lord Spurs do not have to pay over £50 million [ with add ons ] for a player who can score 20+ goals in a season.

Spurs had three who done it last season,all for half that price.

Name that three ! 

Three good players there SSS, especially the 2 English ones. Son is ok, and great to have in your ranks. Getting £50M for Walker is also excellent news for Spurs, hopefully you can buy a decent defender now (one that does not just rely on his speed). Things are shaping up, but still a lot of rumours going around. Prefer to not speculate too much. Interesting stuff though.