Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Deacon

Duchy League - Saturday Feb 11, 2017

Recommended Posts

Please feel free to post your results, goalscorers and post match thoughts here

Premier Division

Callington Town          0 – 6    North Petherwin

Foxhole Stars              0 – 4    Biscovey

Lostwithiel                   3 – 2    Edgcumbe FC

St Stephen                   5 – 2    Saltash United


Division 1

Altarnun                      2 - 2     Gunnislake

St Columb Major         2 - 1     Holywell and Cubert

Veryan                         2 - 0     St Mawgan


Division 2

Mevagissey                 3 - 6     Tintagel

Queens Rangers          0 - 2     Godolphin Atlantic

St Merryn                    4 - 0     Lifton

St Cleer                        3 - 4     North Hill

St Newlyn East            2 - 1     Boscastle


Division 3

Gorran                         6 - 4     Stoke Climsland

Grampound Reserves 1 - 4     Lanivet Inn

High Street                  4 - 4     North Petherwin Reserves

Saltash United Res      4 - 2     Tregony


Division 4

Dobwalls                     5 - 1     St Stephen Res

St Dennis Res              4 - 0     Lanreath

St Mawgan Reserves   0 - 2     Roche

St Teath                       1 - 2     AFC Par


Division 5

Lamerton Comm FC    6 - 0     Boscastle Reserves

Southgate                    4 - 2     Polperro

St Eval Spitfires           3 - 4     Wadebridge Town

Week St Mary             2 - 3     Liskeard Athletic


KMD Developments Duchy Knockout Cup  

AFC Bodmin                0 - 2     St Minver


Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup

Rame Peninsula FC      4 - 5     Pensilva

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Duchy League Cup - Rame Peninsula 4 - 5 Pensilva

Fairly frantic, end to end stuff in this typical cup tie and very little to choose between the sides, Rame sitting third in Division Four and Pens mid table in Three.

The home side created the best chances early on and went a goal up after 30 minutes. Five minutes later the visitors had taken the lead and so it was 2-1 at the break.

Ten minutes into the second half Pensilva extended their lead and probably should have done more to maintain it but then a ten minutes spell, with some really slack defending, saw the advantage swing back to Rame 4 - 3.

With five minutes remaining Pensilva pulled back level  and in the dying stages earned themselves a penalty which was driven home to give them the win.

For over an hour there was hardly a disputed decision thanks to Alan Shaw's usual, sensible refereeing but the game got a little fractious after Rame took the lead and an entertaining afternoon was spoiled for me by players being called the 'c' word from the touchline - both clubs guilty. Like many others, I don't need to be hearing that on a Saturday afternoon, really disappointed that it wasn't punished. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

St Newlyn East 2-1 Boscastle

Eagerly awaited match that was truly a game of two halves. A massive shout has to go to the Boscastle lads staying at the Phez above and beyond the usual "quick half and away", it's great to see and was much appreciated by the locals.

A good game, well contested by both sides, sporting and physical in equal measures. Best of luck to Boscastle for the rest of the season!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Veryan 2 : 0 st mawgan

After last weeks game was rained off after 35mins today veryan came away with an important 3 points! With not having a ref allocated until this mornin paul murphy pulled some strings and got tim hyslop to take charge which he did a fine job!! Veryan went in at half time 1:0 up after polish derek bagged himself a back post header! The st mawgan goal keeper managed to cut his knee badly and had to leave the feild of play so an out feild player took over! St mawgan played some really good footbAll playing out from the back! With st mawgan centre midfielder olsen having a decent game! Mid way through the second half polish derek popped up at the back post again to bumble a ball over the line with the st mawgan linesman giving a goal!!!! The game ended 2:0 with both teams playing some good football looking forward to playing them for the full 90mins at there place good luck to themfor the remainder of the season. Mom liam cope 🙈

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ Jones Duchy League

St Minver were made to fight for their place in the KMD Developments KO Cup quarter-finals before securing a 2-0 win at AFC Bodmin. Ted Meagor headed a rebound off the bar in the 60th minute to give them the lead and the game was finally decided when Ryan Pooley scored a second from close range at the death. St Minver travel to Gerrans & St Mawes United in the last eight.

Pensilva won the one remaining Bodmin Sports League Cup second round match winning 5-4 at Rame Peninsula. Rame took the lead with Adam Hicks scoring an equaliser and Mike Rendle putting Pensilva 2-1 up at half time. Liam Donaghy increased the visitors lead only to spur the hosts into action. Rame hit back with three goals to go 4-3 up. Luke Robinson (2), Sam White and Dayne Nodder their scorers. Pensilva levelled for a second time from a Rendle penalty and then struck the winner two minutes from time through Andy Cobb. Pensilva face a trip to Polperro in the quarter-finals.

Saltash United played very well at St Stephen but still ended up losing precious ground in the Premier Division title race. They went ahead through Troy Harris and although plenty of chances came and went for both sides with St Stephen hitting the post that was the score line at half time. The second half was only a minute old when Jack Mingo hit the side netting and St Stephen kept pressing and on 54 minutes got their equaliser when Mingo scored in the 66th minute a Saltash player was shown a straight red for bringing Courtney Rowe down with only the keeper to beat. From the resulting penalty Rowe scored to put St Stephen 2-1 up. In the 73rd minute Saltash equalised through Luke Trevaskus but three minutes later Craig Coad scored to put St Stephen back in front and he scored again on 85 minutes and then set up substitute Ben Willets to score to make it 5-2, a score line that Saltash didn't deserve


Biscovey won 4-0 at Foxhole. Alex Woodcock hit a brace with Chris Burns and Tom Pickering adding a goal apiece.

Lostwithiel beat Edgcumbe 3-2. Lostwithiel scored through Aaron Honey, Ryan Searle and a James Hutchings penalty. Edgcumbe’s title hopes, which are surely over after this defeat, replied through Sean Heward and an own goal from veteran keeper Billy Davies.

With the Callington pitch frozen their game was switched to North Petherwin. The North Cornwall club won 6-0 with Callum Reeve scoring a brace and Joe Reeve, Josh Sanders, Ryan Julian and Adam Porter a goal apiece.

Division One leaders Veryan consolidated their position beating St Mawgan 2-0. It was goalless until the 40th minute when Justin Trebilcock set up Derrick Lucas to score. Unfortunately in trying to stop the goal the St Mawgan keeper hit his knee against the post and was taken to hospital. The second half also had little incidence. Veryan scored their second twenty minutes into the half with the same combination, Trebilcock passing for Lucas to tap in.

St Columb Major eased further away from the relegation zone and leapfrogged Holywell/Cubert in the process winning their game 2—1. St Columb scored through Dan Ball and a Scott Taylor penalty with Ash Williams replying for Holywell.

Altarnun are celebrating their first point in a long time after securing a two all home draw with Gunnislake. Luke Williams and Jake Harris scored for Altarnun with Simon Kelly and Aidan Bryant replying for Gunnislake.

The top of the table clash in Division Two has virtually handed Godolphin Atlantic the championship. They won 2-0 at Queens Rangers with goals from Ben Colquhoun and Lee Budge. Both sides were reduced to ten men. Godolphin for a second booking and Queens for a straight red although the game didn’t merit those awards overall.

St Newlyn East finally put an end to their recent rot and caused serious damage to Boscastle’s promotion hopes with a 2-1 win. Their first goal came from a left foot shot from Harry Mugford. Russell Withers then finished off a quick break after a sharp pass from Martyn Probert. The home goal led a charmed life after a restart but the only Boscastle goal from Harry Bosley came too late to make a difference.

St Merryn were dominant at home to Lifton winning 4-0. Ken Allen scored a brace with Adam Clements and Ben Humber getting the other goals. St Merryn missed a penalty two minutes from time awarded after a Lifton player was sent off for handling on the line.

North Hill shaded an even game at St Cleer winning by the odd goal in seven. The game turned when St Cleer gave away to sloppy free kicks and the visitors scored off each. Charlie Coates (2) and Jordan Dennis for St Cleer with James Bloomfield, Sam Smith, Paul Wearing and Paul Breyley each scoring once to give the visitors the spoils.

Mevagissey were beaten 6-3 at home to Tintagel to drop closer to the drop. Ollie Price hit a hat trick for the visitors with Adam Price, Shaun Keeble and Nathan Mitchell completing their tally. Mevagissey replied with a Ryan Morcom brace and a Harry Prynn goal.

Lanivet Inn closed the gap on the Division Three leaders following a 4-1 win at Grampound reserves. Connor Mewton gave Lanivet a 15th minute lead but ten minutes later Darren Mortimore scored direct from a corner to equalise. Two quick fire goals around the half hour mark put the game out of the hosts reach. Dave Crawford scored with a good finish and Luke Sleeman hit a fine free kick. There was just one goal in the second half with Crawford converting a penalty.

High Street and North Petherwin reserves shared eight goals in what the visitors described was a great relegation clash. Ryan Best (2), Luke Clowes and Mark Carter for High Street with Dan Hancock (2), Paul Chidley and Liam Rich for Petherwin.

Gorran and Stoke Climsland observed a minutes silence before their game in honour of former Gorran secretary Charlie Lovell who passed away earlier in the week. The home team then battled back from a 4-2 deficit to win 6-4. Tom Guest and Shane Kibell scored a brace apiece with Gordon Douglas and Mike Brennan completing the home total. Stoke had led with a Mike Norman brace and goals from Adam Keith and Ryan Allen.

Saltash United reserves beat Tregony 4-2 with Kieran Owen getting a brace and Kieran Wotton and Dan Gilbert completing the home tally.

St Dennis reserves beat Lanreath 4-0 in Division Four. Tom Harris hit a brace with Dan Menhenitt and Dave Cloke completing the home tally.

AFC Par won 2-1 at St Teath with Kev Morcom and Steve Crumpler getting their goals. Ryan Mace replied for St Teath.

Dobwalls stretched their lead at the top after beating St Stephen reserves 5-1. Jake Baker, Matt Carter-Brown, Steve Lee, Sam Hummagain and Zak Stone scored a goal apiece for the hosts.

Roche won 2-0 at St Mawgan reserves with John Chaffin and Neil Trudgeon getting the goals.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites