Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Collings

JUNIOR CUP SAT FEB 4th

Torpoint 3 - 6 St Minver

Quite an afternoon. I was delighted to see that the game was on and pleased to find the pitch in perfectly playable condition at kick off, although I gather the Torpoint club  (in typical Senior fashion) weren't keen to actually play on it. A quick cuppa before kick off - only warm unfortunately - could do better !

The home side had the bulk of the play in the first 20 minutes but didn't manage to break the saints defence. The visitors looked sharper on the break and went a goal up from the penalty spot after 25 minutes - Torpoint's 'keeper looked a tad fortunate to stay on the pitch from where i was standing (but i don't really understand the law these days)

Within ten minutes St Minver had deservedly gone 3-nil up but Torpoint kept battling and went into the break at 3-1 down but still well in the game. The rain had arrived just before  half time and the surface got very slippery.

Credit to both sides for their second half performances in atrocious conditions (and to Paul Cackett for keeping the game going), Torpoint never gave up and St Minver didn't sit back on their lead and even went 4-1 up. Torpoint then pulled two goals back and anything could have happened in the last ten minutes as the heavy rain seriously affected play. As Torpoint gave their all to get level St Minver found the space to grab a couple of late goals to put the tie out of reach.

The pint was fine afterwards so overall enjoyed my trip to the Mill.

Torpoint Athletic 3rds 3 v 6 St Minver 1sts - What a rollercoaster of a match as Saints come out on top in a thrill a minute at the Mill.  Enjoy the match report here and thank you to everyone at Torpoint for getting the game on and for being great hosts as always and we wish them the best of luck for the rest of their season.

12 hours ago, Hat Trick said:

Anyone know when the draw for the Semis will be made? 🤔

The draw for both the Semi Final of the  RGB Senior Cup & Bond Timber Junior cup will be on Sat 18th Feb 5.30pm live on BBC Radio Cornwall