St Agnes 3rds     1-2          St Ives Mariners

St Day 3rds      1-0    Falmouth DC  

DIVISION 4

Newbridge Athletic   2-7       Four Lanes Reserves

Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves       3-3          Carharrack Reserves

Rosudgeon Reserves   5-0    Stithians Reserves      

Ruan Minor     v          New Inn Titans           

Troon AFC Reserves    11-0          Hayle 3rds

Gutted Probus / St Just is off. After winning the last 4 games (the Falmouth game apparently an upset because St Just only scored 3 in the end) the green machine grinds to a halt due to no fault of their own. Rumour has it the Probus manager was up all night with a hose flooding the pitch before Stefan Smith put on a masterclass in there. 😂😂

All jokes aside (especially the Stefan bit!!!), we rented a mini bus for the day so a day on the beer it is 🍺 

Pete Davey and Wingersshins like this

11 minutes ago, 1ofthekids said:

Gutted Probus / St Just is off. After winning the last 4 games (the Falmouth game apparently an upset because St Just only scored 3 in the end) the green machine grinds to a halt due to no fault of their own. Rumour has it the Probus manager was up all night with a hose flooding the pitch before Stefan Smith put on a masterclass in there. 😂😂

All jokes aside (especially the Stefan bit!!!), we rented a mini bus for the day so a day on the beer it is 🍺 

Sorry 1ofthekids, frustrating I bet having organized a minibus.... I know we've organized one for our visit to you next week. 

Our manager was at the ground at 8am this morning trying to get the game on....

hopefully see you next sat 👍

1ofthekids likes this

Div 2 

Mawnan 7 Frogpool 1

Another great team performance today which keeps our winning run going at the moment. After frogpool beat us 6-2 only a few weeks ago is was nice to get some revenge! Great bunch of lads tho Frogpool with the game being played in great spirit!

Mawnan goal scorers 

Keir Dent x3 

Dave Thompson x1

Fraser Harris x1

Byron Wood x1 

Brodie Kemp x1

St.Day 3rds 1-0 Falmouth DC 

Goals scorer Joe Ashton 

St.Day were brilliant today bouncing bk from last week's defeat to Probus. Take nothing away from Falmouth they fought hard and battled all the way to end. Great refereeing from the man in the middle. 3 points in the bag and we move in to cup action next week against Frogpool another big one. 

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 1-0 Ludgvan

Excellently officiated by Andrew Jenkin, didn't miss much.

Ludgvan proved a tough side and won't be at the bottom come the end of the season. The boys bounced back very well after a disappointing performance last week, we just edged the game I felt. 

The goalkeeper could've gone but only received a yellow card, we could've had a penalty, Ludgvan had a clear cut chance at the end scuffed and there were numerous chances for either side but I felt we deserved the win. Ludgvan also could've had a penalty but I think it was more of a ball to hand as it was from very close range

Our goal came from a brilliant run by skipper Sam Bromley who squared it to find Craig Rothwell to tap home.

All the best to Ludgvan, thanks for coming back to the pub. Good bunch of lads.

2 hours ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2 

Mawnan 7 Frogpool 1

Another great team performance today which keeps our winning run going at the moment. After frogpool beat us 6-2 only a few weeks ago is was nice to get some revenge! Great bunch of lads tho Frogpool with the game bring played in great spirt!

Mawnan goal scorers 

Keir Dent x3 

Dave Thompson x1

Fraser Harris x1

Byron Wood x1 

Brodie Kemp x1

Yeah no complaints. Two contrasting games!! We were poor first half. Few gifted goals but you gotta finish chances which you did. Ref had a great game I thought. Thanks for the grub after. That lasagne was ace.

Tim Edwards with the consolation for Frogpool

Mr Mo likes this

5 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 1-0 Ludgvan

Excellently officiated by Andrew Jenkin, didn't miss much.

Ludgvan proved a tough side and won't be at the bottom come the end of the season. The boys bounced back very well after a disappointing performance last week, we just edged the game I felt. 

The goalkeeper could've gone but only received a yellow card, we could've had a penalty, Ludgvan had a clear cut chance at the end scuffed and there were numerous chances for either side but I felt we deserved the win. Ludgvan also could've had a penalty but I think it was more of a ball to hand as it was from very close range

Our goal came from a brilliant run by skipper Sam Bromley who squared it to find Craig Rothwell to tap home.

All the best to Ludgvan, thanks for coming back to the pub. Good bunch of lads.

Cheers, Tempo.

As has been the case for most of this season, we were really short of players today and had to rely on some less familiar faces. However, every one of my team-mates put in 100% today on a difficult surface (I felt like I was ice skating at times), so we feel a little aggrieved not to have taken a point.

As you mentioned, the game was well refereed by Andy Jenkin.

Good luck for the rest of your season. 

Tempo likes this

Div 2

Mabe 2  Goonhavern 1

Having beaten Goonhavern convincingly earlier in the season ,they turned up with a few younger faces and worked really hard ,kept there shape and made life difficult for us. Mabe were awarded a penalty just before half time which was put away by Paul Hart .Mabe had most of the play in the second half and a great strike by the hard working Ben Kellow seemed to seal the win but Goonhavern had other ideas and with a last minute free kick scored a consolation goal . Good example of how to work hard ,thanks for comimg back to the pub 👍

Illogan 3rdS 4 Redruth utd 1 

Gutted but pleased against an illogan side with a lot of senior experience I cannot believe that we lost 4-1 but with so many young players on the squad including 3 16 year olds who played well is only good for the future of our club

stevieb and Asterix like this

56 minutes ago, Hurler said:

Cheers, Tempo.

As has been the case for most of this season, we were really short of players today and had to rely on some less familiar faces. However, every one of my team-mates put in 100% today on a difficult surface (I felt like I was ice skating at times), so we feel a little aggrieved not to have taken a point.

As you mentioned, the game was well refereed by Andy Jenkin.

Good luck for the rest of your season. 

Yeah tight game, you guys certainly fought well enough for a point! All the best mate, sure we will see you next season

Hurler likes this

Agree with the above comments from Mawnan. They thoroughly deserved the win and we at Frogpool can't have any complaints. Mawnan were very well organised and clearly picked out our weaknesses and made us pay for it. And the fact they took their chances well and we didn't. First time I've been to their place and the facilities are good and the hospitality and food is second to none.

Chacewater 2-3 West Cornwall

Had to dig deep today. Football went out the window after 10 minutes as the pitch cut up and became heavy on the legs. Came from behind twice to snatch a winner with 2 minutes left. Not pretty but found a way to win ugly. Much needed win. Fairly even game for the most part. Thought young Rowan Clarke (?) had a great game in the middle. Definitely one for the future.

Graham Hill 2

Jowan Kitchener 1 

Hremier

Chacewater 2  West Cornwall 3  goals from Dave Cilia and Dave Hitchens.As Ballsax said a Hard fought and close match.Young referee Rowan Clarke,on his first visit to the Recreation Ground,had an excellent match.

Div 2

Penwith Exiles 6  Chacewater Res. 0

0-0 until 35 minutes (approx) aswell. Great effort by Hayle. It doesn't take a scientist to work out that their thirds are struggling, but to go to a game with the bare minimum and to play a full ninety is a credit to them. All it would have taken was for one of them to say "oh I'm injured" during that game and it would have been abandoned and replayed (presumably). But they didn't! 

Who gives a damn about the score, all seven of you are winners! How many teams cry off when they only have 9/10 players? Too many! Hayle 3rds, you gained alot of respect from.alot of people today. You should hold your heads up high, every single one of you.

Mark, bluenose, S Abbo and 4 others like this

Aggie 3rds 1 mariners 2.good game played in good spirits through out mariners went behind in 15 secs!! Then took a while to get there act together but when we did created alot off chances but good saves by the keeper and the wood work came to aggies rescue,finally levelled it before half time,same sort off 2nd half really before we sealed the win 10 mins before full time.both goals by greg stephens who finished well. Top lads at aggie good pub and good food!

Chris wells likes this

6 hours ago, fudge said:

Aggie 3rds 1 mariners 2.good game played in good spirits through out mariners went behind in 15 secs!! Then took a while to get there act together but when we did created alot off chances but good saves by the keeper and the wood work came to aggies rescue,finally levelled it before half time,same sort off 2nd half really before we sealed the win 10 mins before full time.both goals by greg stephens who finished well. Top lads at aggie good pub and good food!

well done to mariners good win for them and great bunch lads will start climbing the table if keep that up. thanks for all popping in the pub .we ref by gary lord thank you. 

12 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

Illogan 3rdS 4 Redruth utd 1 

Gutted but pleased against an illogan side with a lot of senior experience I cannot believe that we lost 4-1 but with so many young players on the squad including 3 16 year olds who played well is only good for the future of our club

I think it was typical Derby fiesty, fully committed from both sides, lots good banter between people who know eachother!  I think Illogan deserved win on opportunities created but 4-1 may been bit steep in end but that's footy we missed late penalty also but Redruth had opportunities too and were very quick on the break , young lads were credit to Redruth but nicky Adams and Tom Milburn were exceptional in Redruth midfield and young lad Ben Alston up top can see why he's scored goals in combination league before talented lad with big future!!! We are finally getting some consistency in selection and results are coming best luck Redruth rest season good numbers and chat in club after cheers guys! Onto mabe away for us 

Illogan goals 

Tom Edens x2

Carl Stretton 

Aaron Richards 

Redruth scorer

Nicky Adams 

8 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

I think it was typical Derby fiesty, fully committed from both sides, lots good banter between people who know eachother!  I think Illogan deserved win on opportunities created but 4-1 may been bit steep in end but that's footy we missed late penalty also but Redruth had opportunities too and were very quick on the break , young lads were credit to Redruth but nicky Adams and Tom Milburn were exceptional in Redruth midfield and young lad Ben Alston up top can see why he's scored goals in combination league before talented lad with big future!!! We are finally getting some consistency in selection and results are coming best luck Redruth rest season good numbers and chat in club after cheers guys! Onto mabe away for us 

Illogan goals 

Tom Edens x2

Carl Stretton 

Aaron Richards 

Redruth scorer

Nicky Adams 

Excellently controlled by Porkie, too

Newlyn Non Athletico Res. (1) 3 -v- 3 (2) Carharrack Res.

Good old match. Nice weather, little wind, grass no too long. Off we go. Not too much in the way of goalmouth action at first, but both teams were threatening. CR took the lead with a ball over the top, poorly defended, and knocked in. 0-1. NNAR responded well, and applied some good pressure, finally resulting in Chris Neale crossing for Tom Bayliss to smash into the roof of the net. 1-1. However, almost directly from the kick-off, CR went up the other end and stabbed home their second goal from some kind of defensive mix-up. 1-2. CR also hit the crossbar where it seemed easier to score, so at half time, NNAR were satisfied to be only 1 down.

Second half was going along nicely, a competitive game, being well controlled by Dang'rous. It all seemed to lose a bit of sense following the awarding of a penalty to the home side. Several handbags appeared, including my own, and grown men were acting like idiots. The penalty was duly despatched by Tom for his second goal. 2-2. NNAR were on the up, it felt like we were going to get another goal, and it proved to be the case when Chris Neale smashed home from a corner. 3-2. By now, the handbags were out in force, and poor old Dang'rous had to keep reminding several players of their responsibility as adults. As the game drifted towards the final minutes, NNAR had the chances to extend their lead and seal victory, but good opportunities were wasted. At the other end, CR had a goal ruled out for offside, given by myself after being subbed, and it was offside. Although in injury time, CR did get what they probably deserved, a flicked header from a long throw which found its way into the far corner. The final whistle brought handshakes all-round, which it should, and hopefully everyone went home satisfied. Well reffed of course.

B_D likes this

15 hours ago, Tempo said:

Yeah tight game, you guys certainly fought well enough for a point! All the best mate, sure we will see you next season

A week is a long time in football  , enjoy the win :smiley20:

Tempo likes this

13 minutes ago, stevieb said:

A week is a long time in football  , enjoy the win :smiley20:

Thanks mate, I was still fuming yesterday morning haha

17 hours ago, ballsax said:

Chacewater 2-3 West Cornwall

Had to dig deep today. Football went out the window after 10 minutes as the pitch cut up and became heavy on the legs. Came from behind twice to snatch a winner with 2 minutes left. Not pretty but found a way to win ugly. Much needed win. Fairly even game for the most part. Thought young Rowan Clarke (?) had a great game in the middle. Definitely one for the future.

Graham Hill 2

Jowan Kitchener 1 

Accurate report good game to  be involved in .great bunch at west Cornwall .althogh young Owen Barrett beds to learn to run angles not straight lines haha but he did sweep out the away changing room for us afterwards .

very happy with our performance and was disappointed to lose in the last few minutes 

Thanks for coming back to the pub after and good luck for the rest of the season 

nick 

Soccer Follower likes this

2 hours ago, Tempo said:

Thanks mate, I was still fuming yesterday morning haha

Did the tea cups fly before the game lol ?  Many moons back when managing Long Rock didn't think at half time that the players had broke a sweat so told them they don't deserve a cup of tea at half time didn't go down well but made a point at that time .Still lost so my man management went out the window that time 😠

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Did the tea cups fly before the game lol ?  Many moons back when managing Long Rock didn't think at half time that the players had broke a sweat so told them they don't deserve a cup of tea at half time didn't go down well but made a point at that time .Still lost so my man management went out the window that time 😠

😂😂😂 tea is banned under my reign 💪🏻💪🏻 class, I haven't seen tea at half time before

On 29/01/2017 at 17:06, Tempo said:

😂😂😂 tea is banned under my reign 💪🏻💪🏻 class, I haven't seen tea at half time before

I heard a nasty rumour that your players are bringing thermos flasks to your game on Saturday! :ninja:

Tempo likes this