Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Carpenter

Trelawny Registration Secretary Vacancy

14 posts in this topic

In early 2015 I informed the Trelawny Committee that, subject to re-election in between times, I would be standing down from my position as Registration Secretary at the end of 2016-17 season.  This was announced at the 2014-15 AGM and again reiterated at the 2015-16 meeting.

The early announcement of my intentions was in the hope that a volunteer could be found as early as possible so that they could get up to speed with the intricacies of the role before my departure and ensure a smooth handover.  Unfortunately, to date, nobody has come forward that is willing to take on this key post on the committee.  With the time to my departure now quickly disappearing the urgency to find a replacement is growing so if there is anybody out there who wants to put something back into the game, fancies a challenge and is IT competent this is your opportunity.  There is a current vacancy on the Committee which you can be co-opted into and a comprehensive handover and training in the use of Full-Time will be given.

Anyone wishing to put their name forward should contact the League Secretary, Dave James, on 01209 719462 or at: james_w3@sky.com

Asterix likes this

That's the FA asterix. This is a trelawnwy league role. Terry Williams used to do it from home when it was Falmouth helston league. 

Steve has done a great job in this over the years and would be a hard act to follow. 

Once again it shows the plight of local football in struggling for volunteers to do things

Asterix likes this

18 hours ago, erby ruin said:

A job for Dange'rous ?? .. Done a great job recently for local football and I think he would excel in this 

I considered taking on the role Pete... but I deploy in the new year and will continue to spend a lot of time away for the next 2-3 years so I can't commit to it. I don't mind doing it from the other side of the world, but there will be times when I am completely uncontactable... The clubs in the Trelawny League deserve a better service than the one I can give in the short term. Sometimes, I would only be able to get to a pc 1-2 times a week if I am lucky.

Steve has done a fantastic job over the years and it will be very sad to see him go. There has been a great deal of time afforded to getting someone else into the seat... we just need someone to step up to the mark.

1 hour ago, Norris said:

@S Abbo reading and writing is essential though? 

😂😂😂  norris

49 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Disagree..... only one man for this job....

"SOME DO SOME DON'T"

Maybe he could be your assistant?.. 

"You never know"

Asterix likes this